5.0 out of 5 stars works great on my Kenwood TM-261
Works great, looks just like the mic on my KENWOOD TM-281 and TMV71A radios.
Installed it on an older TM-261, audio reports say it sounds better than the old (worn) stock mic.
Published 21 months ago by derek p vanlith

3.0 out of 5 stars Works but difficult to work with
The mic works except the dtmf does not work. I am unable to program it. How do I program it? The shipping was faster than expected which was great.
Published 9 months ago by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars works great on my Kenwood TM-261, March 21, 2013
This review is from: DTMF Modular Plug 8pin Remote Speaker Mic Microphone PTT For Kenwood TK-768G/868G 7100/8100 7108/8108 7360/8360 TM-271A/471A 281A/481A D710A V71A Land Mobile Radio (Electronics)
Works great, looks just like the mic on my KENWOOD TM-281 and TMV71A radios.

5.0 out of 5 stars Replacement OEM Mic for Kenwood, August 26, 2013
After a few years of operating my Kenwood 2 meter ham radio I discovered that my remote buttons on this mic had a lot of functions that I could not get to work. I found this Mic here on Amazon, ordered one and within two weeks I was using the remote functions via this Mic. This direct replacement Mic is about half the cost of OEM Mic. I recommend this Mic if your remote keys on your Mic are not working.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice mic, June 10, 2013
A. E. Pearsall (Adirondacks, NY USA) - See all my reviews
Better sounding than an old stock Kenwood mic, and great price. It says "Kenwood" right on it, but I'm not 100% sure it really is... MUCH cheaper than a mic from the Kenwood dealer though.

3.0 out of 5 stars Works but difficult to work with, March 15, 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Good sturdy build, great audio quality., November 13, 2013
Heavy duty construction, and great audio reports, but then again that could be because the radio is a Kenwood. ; )

3.0 out of 5 stars NOT COMPATIBLE WITH STATED RADIOS!, October 31, 2013
Dee N "tonipaw" (Phoenix, AZ, USA) - See all my reviews
I purchased one of these microphones as a replacement for the MC53DM microphones on my TM-261A and TM-G707 Kenwood radios. If it worked, I planned to purchase a second.

However, when I received it, only the PTT and microphone functions worked. The microphone will not remotely control the radios nor will it generate DTMF tones for controlling autopatches or repeater functions. The channel up-down buttons don't work, either.

According to Kenwood, the MC53DM and similar microphones generated their own DTMF tones, but the newer styles used the internal DTMF generators in the radios.

If you have a radio that uses the MC53DM and you plan to use this microphone ONLY as a microphone and have no need for the remote functions or DTMF, then it works fine. The audio quality is pretty good, but the PTT switch is loud and has a very long travel.

There are less expensive options if you own the older radios, just none that will function as the MC53DM did.

Their customer service has been good in responding to this issue, so I would have no issue with ordering from them, again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, December 13, 2014
Good product price and delivery thanks