4.0 out of 5 stars Frustrating to hang but well worth the effort
Published on June 5, 2011 by Jazz

3.0 out of 5 stars Rod is great, Hardware STINKS
This is overall a quality item. It looks great, gives plenty of extra room and is fairly well made. HOWEVER. Installation is a chore. Like other reviewers have stated, be sure you have another set of hands to help out! The rod wobbles & will twist, turn until you have it securely attached.

The included hardware (6 sheetrock screws!) are really awful. Of the 6,...
Published on November 6, 2011 by bunny

4.0 out of 5 stars Frustrating to hang but well worth the effort, June 5, 2011
Jazz (Irving, Texas, United States) - See all my reviews
This rod was not as easy to hang as the directions made it seem. First, separating the silver mount covers from the plastic wall mount proved to be a chore. You need to pry these off carefully with a screwdriver. Next, will need a second person to help you determine optimal placement. I hung this rod alone, and it was really tough. Be advised that the poles are easily knocked out of sync until they are secured to the wall mounts. You will drive yourself nuts trying to hang this rod by yourself. Finally, Moen could have included tile and wood screws in addition to the dry wall screws. It would have been nice to have options (and more convenient since I have wood studs in my bathroom).

On the plus side, I now have 1 ft or so of new room in the shower, and my bathroom even better! Most importantly, this is a great quality shower rod!!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Rod is great, Hardware STINKS, November 6, 2011

The included hardware (6 sheetrock screws!) are really awful. Of the 6, THREE were stripped out entirely.
Since one side of the rod was being installed directly into hardwood, we had to locate some screws that would work for that.
Once it is installed, the sheetrock screws really aren't that snug, so the rod does still have some wobble on that side.

Bottom line- it's a good piece, but be sure you have extra help AND the appropriate screws before starting! If you're installing into tile, wood or anything other than sheetrock, you WILL NEED to find the right hardware.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a very nice rod!, August 11, 2012
This review is from: Moen DN2141CH Double Curved Shower Rod, Chrome (Tools & Home Improvement)
I bought a single rod of the same brand locally, then decided I wanted to go double rod. This was the same price as the single rod at HD. Some seem to have mounting problems. I used the included hardware and it all worked just fine. It has been up about 8 months so far and still looks new. I did use the stainless ball bearing roller type rings to cut down on rod wear. I'd buy another in a heart beat. Be careful of the templates when mounting. Don't just look at the template and drill holes. Look at the template, then hold the rod up and make sure you have it correct. One hole at one side, two at the other, and you'll be ok. Templates make you want to drill one end backwards.

4.0 out of 5 stars Moen quality and design A+, January 9, 2013
I wanted a double shower curtain rod to hang towels on the outside bar since the bath is so small. This was the solution and it looks great!

I started at Lowes and bought a double bar there of their own brand...got it home and it was ugly. Returned it and bought this on Amazon! Glad a did, this rod is highly polished chrome and the mounting looks great. As other reviewers mentioned, installing is not easy. I did it myself in about an hour. The screws that came with the rod were useless so be sure to buy your own hollow wall anchors and stainless steel wood screws as applicable. An extra set of hands would be helpful but I wanted to get this done before the wife got home.

Here's a friendly warning. The rod comes fully assembled. DO NOT TAKE IT APART. If you do take it all apart you will discover why I put this warning in the review. :-)

A message to Moen: It would be a fantastic help for installation if you would put a plastic temporary brace to prevent the gyrations of the rods while holding it in place to secure the anchors! Also, add some quality hardware. I expect more from Moen.

4.0 out of 5 stars Moen Dn214CH Curved Shower Rod, November 11, 2011
I was a little skeptical at first about the curved rod concept. The strength,durability,and looks was my main concerns.After I installed the shower rod I kinda tested it; Passed with flying colors. It looks great and functions well. There is more shoulder room inside the bathtub. Very satisfied with Moen. Be sure to measure your shower width before purchasing. Plus;make sure the anchor plate has at least a 3 points to be able to fasten to the wall! There are many different sizes,finishes, and prices;So look around and take your time.

Up Date--6/27/13; The curtain rod still looks new! The grand kids have tested it for durability and it`s still in the same place I mounted it! Amazing!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, March 28, 2012
We love this rod. We thought it was kind of a pain to put up, but totally worth it. I hang the decorative curtain on the outside, and the liner on the inside rod. After showering, I throw a towl over the rod that's in the back, and pull over the decorative curtain. You don't see the towel hanging back there drying. One other note, whether you get a double or single curved shower rod, a curved rod adds an amazing amount of extra space. Very worth it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great, November 1, 2011
P.E.I. (Los Angeles, CA) - See all my reviews
Love this double curved shower rod. We use one rod for a curtain and the other for drying towels. The curve provides extra space and brings more light into the shower. As other reviewers have said, could be hard to install. My contractor was able to install by himself in 25 minutes but he had to cut into tiles.

5.0 out of 5 stars Double shower rod, June 23, 2011
Not many double curved shower rods out there! I like the double because you can leave the decorative curtain open when you shower and it lets in more light with just the liner closed. Fairly easy to put up and looks great! Price was very good compared to one or two other websites.

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy customer, September 30, 2012
Jane Doe (Bergen County, NJ) - See all my reviews
It took my handyman about 45 minutes to install this product. So far I am very happy with it. I am using the second outside rod for towels. For years I was annoyed with the lack of towel rods in the bathroom, especially for big bath towels. I wish somebody would have invented this product 30 years ago.

2.0 out of 5 stars Would not recommend, June 23, 2012
Looks pretty nice in the photos, which entices to pay $50, but kinda cheesy in person. Chromed trim piece that covers mounting does not fit tightly, so does not fit snug to the wall. The holes in this trim are too big around the rods and just look sloppy ... poor fit & finish. The plastic slider bushings look ... well, like plastic. :( That is the esthetics. Functionally, the second rod is a pita to get a towel through and over, so I'd stay with a single rod. BUT - My real complaint starts with provided hardware: The wall anchors are not just junk, they are the wrong sized junk (for 90% of applications), since most home construction is 1/2" sheet rock, not 3/8. I've never encountered such cheap wall anchors. I tried to used them and the first stripped the threads. The second torqued the expansion arms and then stripped. I tossed them and got good ones from my basement stock. Putting them up was not as difficult as others have described. Aside from the wall anchor stuff, I'd say I had them installed in 20 minutes, by myself. With the bracket and rods in hand (before installing), it appeared to me that the design was intended to pull the rods tight into the bracket by virtue of the rod ends pressing against the wall. But, once installed, that theory does not prove out. With both brackets and all six anchor bolts tight, the rods are floppy. So, any fooling with curtain hangers or towels and wash cloths will invariably cause the rod/s to move around. More cheesy, and not what I expected from Moen! I could have taken the assembly down and put spacers at the end of the rods (trial and error) to make them more solid. But, I realized that if I took it down, I'd send it back. So I left it alone and giving it some time to see if I can deal with knowing it's a pos design or if it actually is problematic. Three THUMBS DOWN! One last thought [for those readers in the group :)] - Amazon packed this in a box that was at least six time bigger than needed and filled the space with brown packing paper. I have a township-provided recycling roll-around container (big) and after breaking down the box and stuffing the paper, it was full. What a waste! So, while I generally like Amazon, they get thumbs down on this deal, too ...

Moen DN2141CH Double Curved Shower Rod, Chrome