5.0 out of 5 stars MOGUL
Published on June 28, 2011 by Carla Shepherd

3.0 out of 5 stars Very Good Read
Mogul is a simply put well written book. It took me a while to get over the graphic male scenes, but I overcame my unknowing. It has a wonderful flow and keeps you intersested. A true page turner. The drama filled ending actually had me hootin' and hollerin' like aww Damn! Give it chance you won't be sorry.
Published on September 13, 2011 by Paul James

5.0 out of 5 stars MOGUL, June 28, 2011
This review is from: Mogul: A Novel (Kindle Edition)
This book was a page turner. It was well written. If you have the time and are a true reader you can read this book in one day. I carried my Kindle everywere and every free moment I had I read. MOGUL is where fame, secrets and sexuality meet. In the description (Big A.T has money, fame, and Jasmine, his girlfriend who doesn't know about his secret.) If you can handle same sex anything and have an open mind, please pick up MOGUL. This book is a very good read. Cant wait for the next book because this definetly can have a book II. Terrance Dean I told you before that i enjoy your writting. I have recommeneded you to friends and I wish you the best of luck as an Author. Keep the books coming.

Carla Shepherd
Savage, MD
caramel35@hotmail.com

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best reads of 2011!!!, June 19, 2011
This review is from: Mogul: A Novel (Paperback)
Big A.T. has everything at the palms of his hands, but still he cannot experience true happiness because in essence, he is living a lie. With the power of pretty much being on top of the music industry, he is forced to hide the fact that he is in love...with another man. In fact, in his entire lifetime he has only loved men, his body has only craved men. He knows in his heart that he is a gay man, but the hip hop world is not ready for the King of NY to be an openly gay man. Not an industry that makes most of its money off of bravado. So what is a man to do when he is faced with coming out himself or being put out there in the worst way? Well, let the chips fall where they may.

This is the most exciting read that I have encountered in a long time. Anyone who might have doubted the writing skills of Terrance Dean before, now need to understand that he is on top of his pen game! I read this book literally in less than twenty four hours. This is one of those books that I have desperately craved for, something that I couldn't put down. This was the type of book that had me cancel all of my plans, read all day and I even went out to dinner and gave the waitress my entire order before she said hello just so I could have more time to read at the table! There is not a moment in this book that will disappoint.

3.0 out of 5 stars Very Good Read, September 13, 2011
Paul James (SAN DIEGO, CA, US) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Standing at the top., February 7, 2013
This review is from: Mogul: A Novel (Kindle Edition)
After reading his last book, I really didn't want to place a lot of faith in him, however after reading what this book was about, I told myself to give him another chance. I'm glad that I did. This book of fiction, about a young man who rises from nothing to run the rap world, was a very good read. Please be advised that it will take some time, because it's not a pamplet for real, but the characters were fleshed out enough for me and the loyalty that the main character received was stong. The decision to do what he did...WOW! I was very impressed with this book and will probably give him another chance with a follow-up novel. GOOD WORK, MR. DEAN!

5.0 out of 5 stars Who is really tickman??, May 28, 2013
This review is from: Mogul: A Novel (Kindle Edition)
As obvious it is on who big A.T. Was.
Tickman is still questionable....
Terrance has done an excellent job in concealing true identities but blatant enough with his splash of creativity. Read with an open and mature mind.
Good read. It takes you away from where you are a bit.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for me, October 21, 2012
This review is from: Mogul: A Novel (Kindle Edition)
I will have to disagree with the majority of the reviews of Mogul. I did not enjoy this book. Not the cadence of the story, the neat and tidy "happy ending for all", nor the constant use of the word "mines". I understand and appreciate that the author was giving the readers a look at what goes on behind the scenes of hip hop, and how some of our favorite artists may not be as they appear, however it seemed a little one-sided. The focus of the book was primarily on the sex lives of the characters, and all of the hard work that it takes to become and keep being a mogul was glossed over and rushed through just to get to the next sex scene. Since this was more of a romance novel, maybe it should have been called "The Family" or "His and Mines".

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed :(, April 19, 2012
This review is from: Mogul: A Novel (Paperback)
I really love Terrance Dean and I read his blog all the time! He is funny and smart and thats why I was so excited about reading this book however, it just wasn't what I excepted. With this story line it could have been much more drama and exciting parts but sadly it was not. Personally the book seemed rushed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, great author....., August 25, 2011
This review is from: Mogul: A Novel (Paperback)
great book, great story, interesting characters, unexpected twist, realistic, and reminiscent of E.Lynn Harris.

Great Author, great personality!

I still haven't read his other book, Hiding in Hip Hop, but that will be next.

3.0 out of 5 stars Mogul at its' finest., July 28, 2011
This review is from: Mogul: A Novel (Paperback)
The novel was an easy read and Terrance Dean did a wonderful job captivating the reader's attention from page one on out. In my personal opinion, I did not necessarily care for the ending; however, I have to admire the conclusion because the readers will always wonder about the future personal development of these characters...allowing us to be attached to such an unforgettable book.

The world of down low brothers is not a fictional; it is quite a reality that this author shares the struggle, happiness, depression, love and self identity that closeted men battle with. Terrance Dean did an immaculate job expressing the fears that gay black men have in a community that at times can be rather critically judgmental of homosexuality. This was a great follow up to his Hiding in Hip Hop.

4.0 out of 5 stars A PAGE-TURNER FULL OF DRAMA - YOU WON'T PUT THE BOOK DOWN, July 5, 2011
This review is from: Mogul: A Novel (Paperback)
Terrance Dean hit a home run with his new novel "Mogul." He brings you into the world of the hip-hop industry's male elite that makes all the decision of what's hot in hip-hop music and entertainment. Main character Big A.T. is the center of the group and all the novel's drama. Though "Mogul" is fiction, the novel slaps you with some hard-core wisdom as far as paying attention to every enemy, learning the game from your elders who have your back, owing your character, etc.

Warning - if you are in the entertainment industry and/or read a lot of celebrity gossip, a lot of the drama may seem predictable as you are reading before the climaxes. However, the book is still intriguing.

Mogul: A Novel
Mogul: A Novel by Terrance Dean (Paperback - June 14, 2011)
$15.00 $6.00