5.0 out of 5 stars Want to cut the cable (dish) cord? This is it!
What can I say, other than I am very pleased with the outcome. My review is as follows:

Packaging:
Published 22 months ago by Cody C Johnson

3.0 out of 5 stars Comcast and Verizon are in the rearview mirror!
We have now installed two of these antennas successfully at different locations, eliminating everything from our cable suppliers but the internet connection. They work great!!

Published 20 months ago by HPvet

5.0 out of 5 stars Want to cut the cable (dish) cord? This is it!, February 24, 2013
Cody C Johnson (Wake Forest, North Carolina) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mohu Sky 60 Amplified Attic/Outdoor HDTV Antenna with Mount (Electronics)

Packaging:
Super packaging. Clear directions and very nice labeling / numbering of the parts. I also liked the fact that Mohu is indicating from pictures, you can run your whole house through the single Sky antenna. The picture of the 'HOUSE' on the box was a nice touch.

My situation is:
I've been looking to cut the cord, Time Warner Cable, for quite some time and was quite sick of the horrible customer service, bad compressed HD signal's, and the ridiculous monthly payment for TV that we simply didn't watch all that much. Literally I started to take notice of my Wife and I, when the kids were down and in bed,TV watching habits. Unless it was a movie that we rented from Amazon Prime instant video or Netflix, we were channel surfing literally every night. During the day, no TV and weekends -- well TV watching was non-existent as well.

I've known about Mohu and their leaf antenna's for a while and have heard great things about them, but I was looking for something stronger, something to control a whole house through 1 antenna. --- After many emails with the Mohu team and waiting for this antenna to hit the market, this was hopefully my savior!

My setup:
GE Smart Panel in closet. 6 TV's in house + 1 projector in the movie room.
1) Play room - Rarely used
2) Living room - used often
3) Porch - 50/50 use
4) Spare bedroom's - Used when guests stay over
5) Master bedroom - used often
6) Office - Used daily
7) Movie room - Mainly used for movies / football (Summer time, use will be very low)

Install:
I originally hooked up the antenna in the closet, hooked directly into the panel for testing purposes. This closet is literally in the middle of my house so I figured I wouldn't get much of a signal, but I wasn't looking for that... I was simply making sure I could get that signal out to the rest of the house.
Well to my surprise, the signal was amazing! All TV's, I was able to grab around 31-32 channels with the Antenna in the closet.

Next step was to now get working on the install of the antenna, outside. Thankfully I already had a Dish Network Sat. that was outside, coax cable already run, and this Dish was not in use.
I simply removed the old dish and mount -- replaced with the new mount / antenna from Mohu.

Back into the house to test. Results were not the best. The picture was slightly laggy (Choppy) and signal was dropping from good to bad, back to good and then back to bad. After moving the antenna around a bit and re-testing, the interference dropped a bit and the signal was a little more stable, but it still wasn't as it should be.
**NOTE** -- It was very windy that day and I am surrounded by big trees and two large homes, neighbors. I'm positive in that, if my mounting would have been higher I would have NO issues. I guess my own personal issue is, my roof has some pretty intense peaks that I was not about to climb!

Into the attic:
Once into the attic, I re-ran cabling from the attic to the crawl space and then back up into the back side of my panel. Hooked the cable into the panel and MAGIC! My mounting in the picture is temporary, I plan on mounting to one of the beams.

Testing:
I was able to net 42 digital channels, to all TV's in house!!

Conclusion:
All in all, I cannot say enough about how easy it was to get this setup and working. As for size, the unit is small and could literally be installed into almost any space / situation. Amazing signal strength and the picture is simply superb. Pure HD. Loving it.

See pics and please feel free to contact me should you have any questions.
I have MANY more pictures, it appears that Amazon will only allow up to 5?

5.0 out of 5 stars Dont Wait! Cut to Cord! Mohu Sky is the way, April 3, 2013
I've been a cable user all of my life. As a new homeowner I was looking for ways to save money, but still maintain a level of comfort in my new home. I have kept up with the technology "boom" for the past few years so I would say I am pretty good with most of the fancy new devices. With that introduction out of the way, I will be reviewing key points on the Mohu SKY that I think are important for a thorough review. Here goes...

PRICE
What everyone, myself included will notice first with this product is the cost. Think of this with a different perspective. First take the annual cost of cable and compare it to the present and only payment for the Mohu SKY. The break-even analysis shows that the initial payment only lasts a few months until your cable bill is free.

BUILD
The device feels nice and solid. It is extremely surprising at how light it is. The size will fit comfortably between typical roof joist spacing in an attic or crawl space. The mounting components are high quality and can be adjusted for any mounting configuration.

RECEPTION
After unboxing the Mohu SKY I wanted to test its capabilities. I took it into the basement, put it on top of the TV and scanned for channels. I was amazed to see 32 channels found! I then easily mounted the antenna in my attic and found 54 channels. Some channels are duplicates and others have weak signal, but the majority are perfect.

PROS
This multi-directional antenna provides excellent quality HD television from signals approximately 60 miles away. The antenna can be mounted easily in an attic or crawlspace. I would recommend to anyone looking for an HD antenna.

CONS
You pay for quality. The price is on the high side; however the product quality, customer support, antenna signal, and warranty are worth the payment.
The very minute disappointment in the Mohu Sky is the 30' coax cable included. As a consumer I would like the option to purchase a longer cable if necessary.

OVERALL SATISFACTION
I decided to pursue the Mohu SKY over the Mohu leaf because of the range and mounting options. I give the SKY 5 stars, two thumbs up, and think this is a great addition to the Mohu family. I would urge anyone reading reviews to purchase this antenna.

3.0 out of 5 stars Comcast and Verizon are in the rearview mirror!, April 25, 2013
HPvet (Geneva, Illinois) - See all my reviews

Installation in Florida: Approximately 40 miles distant in each direction from two major antenna areas, one directly south, one directly north. Replaced FIOS from Verizon with AppleTV (hulu, MLB, free internet like youtube, etc.) and the mohu Sky antenna hooked to two HDTV's, one configured with a Tivo box. The antenna run was short and I was able to connect to two house cable jacks outside the home with a splitter. The splitter (Home Depot) must have one side that passes DC voltage from the antenna preamp power supply connected to one TV to the outside antenna. Since my run was short and there were only two devices, no distribution amp or signal boost was necessary. The internet service from Verizon is connected to another house cable jack and powers Verizon's wireless router. We get 44 digital channels, some from both directions. We had tried the Leaf and even the Sky indoors but reception improved dramatically when the Sky was placed outside about 12' off the ground. Saved $400 on basic cable per year.

Installation in Illinois: Approximately 40 mile distant from two major antenna areas, one directly east, one to the northwest. Replaced Xfinity from Comcast with AppleTV (hulu, MLB, free internet like youtube, etc.) and the mohu Sky antenna hooked to four HDTV's, one configured with a Tivo box. The antenna run was quite long in this case and 85' of RG6 was added to the 30' of antenna supplied cable. The antenna is located in the attic close to a 110V outlet. The antenna preamp power supply is hooked to the antenna in the attic and the TV end goes into Motorola Broadband amp. Then, 85' of RG6 runs to a distribution amp that has the four output connections for the TV jacks. Tried without the broadband amp to the distribution amp but signal boost was necessary. The internet service from Comcast is connected to another house cable jack and powers a wireless N router. We get 52 digital channels, some from both directions, most from Chicago. We had tried the Sky indoors and reception was similar when the Sky was placed in the attic about 19' off the ground. Saved $2400 on cable per year.

Total monthly charges for Tivo, MLB and hulu are $45/ month or $540/year compared to $2800. After ten years, it pays for a new car!! And while we do miss cable news, internet TV gives us so many more pleasant options to watch, when we want to watch them, than cable ever did.

Update,May 17, 2014 - Lowered from 5 Stars to 2

Three months after my initial purchase last year, the attic mounted MOHU Sky went dead. Well, things do fail and MOHU support was great, expediting a new unit under warranty. A week ago, the replacement failed and, no longer under warranty. Trying to understand the possible problem, I immediately sent an Email to MOHU support and have yet to hear back. Disappointing! I decided to see what alternatives were available after a year and purchased a DB4e Extended range antenna and installed it this evening. Works great! our MOHU DTV channels were at 51. The DB4e is 80. The DB4e doesn't have a built in preamp like the MOHU so it easier to install and possibly more reliable. The TV signal meter is in the 90's for every channel we are interested in. Dropped the MOHU to two stars for reliability, price (the DB4e is half the cost) and simplicity of installation. If the other MOHU dies, the DB4e is my clear replacement. The only downside is the the DB4e is 3 to 4 times the size of a MOHU. But a dead MOHU makes size irrelevant.

Update Dec 1, 2014- Raised rating to three stars

Finally got a nice Email from Mohu but was so pleased with the DB4 antenna that I ordered a second one from Amazon and attempted to replace the Mohu in Florida with the DB4 and a Channel Master preamp, the reason being that two PBS stations had low power and couldn't be received. In Florida, we are located about half way between Tampa and Ft Meyers, one at 4 degrees and the other at 120. While the DB4 had a stronger signal in any one direction, it pretty much eliminated all signal from the other. In addition, the low power stations still could not be received. The Mohu provided a much greater ability to be omnidirectional and was the best choice for this location. Additionally, it has been up for two years in Florida storms and has shown no degradation or failure. Perhaps the two Mohu's that failed in 2013 were part of a bad run or a difference in grounding. Based on your application, it may be your best choice and likely the one I would replace the Florida antenna with if it were to fail. Keeping my fingers crossed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mohu Sky HD Outdoor/Attic Antenna, March 5, 2013
I finally "cut the cord" and no longer had cable. However, I didn't want to buy an indoor antenna for every tv in the house and I was looking for an easy to install outdoor/attic antenna. I had seen the quality of the indoor Mohu antennas and heard that they were developing an outdoor unit. Because of the quality and reputation of Mohu antennas, I decided to wait until the Sky came out.

It was well worth the wait! All the parts (minimal) were in the box along with easy instructions on how to assemble and mount the unit. It took less than an hour to get it hooked up and to find the best place in the attic to mount. The only thing I wish Mohu would have done differently would be to use hex vs philip screws. I didn't have any issues, but I know how easy it is to strip philip head screws. Make sure and use compression/molded fittings vs twist-ons when connecting coax cables.

Once this was done, I scanned the channels with my TVs to see how many channels I could pick up. I was amazed that I picked up 49 digital channels, all of them with a clean & clear picture. I was a little concerned with the fact that some of the major networks were in opposite directions and that one or two would have weak signals. Thankfully, that was not a concern and the omni-directional Sky picked them all up beautifully.

When I have friends over, they are amazed that I don't have dish or cable when they see the quality of the picture. I'm happy to let them know how easy it can be to cut the cable.Mohu MH-004061 Sky HDTV Antenna

5.0 out of 5 stars 51 HD Channels!, July 3, 2013
After having Direct TV for years, I got tired paying those high prices, (besides, I found myself watching the channels you can get with an antenna, like MeTV, but not MeeTooTV because direct TV doesn't offer it) so I bought one of RCA biggest antennas and put it the attic,
(I live about 45miles SW of Chicago)I got only a few channels, so I bought a booster for it, I then got a few more, I was limited to about 6 channels give or take. I was contemplating on going back to Direct TV, but then I saw the MOHU Sky Antenna, I figured I would give one more try to the antenna concept. Since the MOHU Sky Antenna was small and very light I mounted it outside along the side of the house, just above the roof line. went inside and did the reprogram on the TV, to my amazement it picked up 51 HD Channels!
BTW I had a few questions, so I called their customer service, I didn't have to listen to any recordings, I talked with their staff and they were very helpful and informative!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent reception at 30 miles surrounded by thick tall trees, May 14, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I can give only a limited assessment of the basic _performance_ of this antenna because the rainy season ended early, and any true assessment needs to include bad weather (not just "rain fade" but effects induced by winds). Instead this review will focus on other aspects of the product.

In considering this product, remember to factor in installation costs, both mounting the antenna and running the cable to your TV(s). After factoring in installation, a pricey, small, light-weight antenna may be cheaper than the alternatives. Or not. YMMV. Or it may allow installation in a location that provides superior reception.

For _me_, the advantages overwhelmed the problems noted below, and hence my rating.

My situation:
Most of broadcast antennas for the local TV stations are in two clusters 25-30 miles from me in the same direction, but some stations are in an antenna farm 120 degrees from that (based on AntennaWeb.org). All except one of the latter are in the "Yellow" zone (least demanding), and the exception is listed in the "Red" zone (4th tier) but behaves like all the other Yellows. However, my reception conditions are complicated by my neighborhood's many mature trees, oaks and similar, which are 50-60 feet, some taller.

My previous antenna is a very old (30 years) traditional rooftop antenna (LPDA) about 10 feet above my 15-foot high roof (single story home). With recent growth of nearby trees, I am now losing reception on some channels during rainy periods, but have been deferring the difficult task of relocating a large antenna because those rainy periods have recently been few and the Internet provided a more than adequate alternative. Because the new antenna required a separate installation (below), I left the previous antenna temporarily in place for comparisons.

----
Warning: Do NOT expect to be able to using an existing rooftop antenna mast to mount this. (1) The typical rooftop mast has a diameter of 1.5 inches, and this uses a 1-inch mounting pipe. (2) This antenna cannot be mounted in the middle of a mast -- it _must_ be mounted at the very top of the mast/mounting pipe because the groove for the mast stops after a few inches (see the picture).
Note: This mounting bracket is commonly used by satellite TV dishes and if you have an unused one installed, you _may_ be able to replace the dish with this antenna (also reusing its coax cable). Unfortunately, satellite antennas are often in a horrible location for terrestrial broadcasts.

----
Warning: The mounting bracket is ill-suited for what I would think would be the most common location: At the end of a peaked roof. If you look closely at the manufacturer's picture on the box of this mounted such a location, you will notice that that peak is different from the others in that it has a larger endcap for the mounting. Not a problem for me, it could be for others. In most cases, the change is trivial if you have basic skills and tools (cut a small piece of plywood to shape and paint it).
Note: This same mounting bracket and tube is also used by several other manufacturers of small antennas.

----
Deficiency: The cable provided is 30 feet of RG-59 coax. RG-59 is intended only for short runs, such as between components (DVD player and the TV). For longer runs, such as from antennas, RG-6 cable is called for because it has lower signal loss. RG-59 gets used because it is cheaper, but also because it is more flexible (smaller diameter, less shielding) but that flexibility can be a problem because too sharp bends degrade the signal (I have forgotten the parameters). In planning your installation, measure the _actual_ route of the cable -- you may well find that 30 feet is not that long.

----
Antenna orientation: No advice from manufacturer
Being an multi-directional antenna does _not_ mean that it provides equally strong reception in all directions: Every antenna has lobes. Experimenting with what is the best orientation has been been baffling, with me getting different results for stations broadcast from the same antenna cluster (but with a range of RF channels*: 7, 12, 19, 29, 30, 38, 44, 45). I used the strength meter in my TV tuner. To get signal strengths down to where I could see changes, I temporarily lowered the height of the antenna (introducing unavoidable confounding factors). For some stations, the variability as a I rotated the antenna was no different from the variability seen while the antenna was stationary. For seemingly similar stations, there was a 20-40% difference. Perplexingly, sometimes the stronger signal was with the long edge pointing at the broadcast antenna (as in a LPDA antenna) and sometimes it was with being perpendicular.

This suggests that the product integrates multiple basic types of antennas. This is not only unsurprising, but what I would expect from an antenna in this price range. However, I was surprised that seemingly minor/invisible differences made significant impact on best orientation. You may want to put the antenna in a location where you can experiment to see if some orientation is better before doing a permanent installation (which often tend to be in hard-to-access locations).
Remember: Antennas are usually installed during good weather but reception problems are most likely to manifest themselves during bad weather.

Performance:
In good weather (the only type I have had since getting this antenna), its performance matches or exceeds my previous antenna. During my initial testing with the antenna in a window facing the primary broadcast antenna cluster, it provided roughly the same reception (by the tuner's strength meter) as my rooftop antenna.

Aside: This is advertised as being suitable for installation in an attic. Be aware that installation in an attic dramatically reduces an antenna's reception. The rule of thumb is that one rated to receive station up to 60 miles, such as this antenna advertises, should be reduced to 20 miles. Part of this is that various roofing materials, especially asphalt shingles, hold moisture long after the actual rain has passed and that residual moisture can absorb significant signal strength before it reaches the antenna. If outdoor installation is precluded, don't _assume_ that this will be offset by the (small) height advantage of attic installation over being in a room on the floor below -- experiment. Recognize that wall also have many YMMV factors (construction and types of insulation and vapor barrier). In this situation and depending on these many YMMV factors, you might find an in-room antenna such as Leaf Ultimate, or similar, is preferable over an attic installation. But high and outside is the default for good reason.

Instructions:
The parts come in bags labeled with letters that match up to the instructions, eliminating any confusion about what to use. The instructions themselves are generally well-done, although there is some potential for miscues. Since the small size of this antenna encourages installation by DIYers with no previous experience, I included my quibbles and disagreements as an Appendix to this review.

Additional tools for assembly (excludes mounting): small Philips screwdriver, adjustable wrench

----
Lightning threat and building codes:
The product literature describes this antenna as "lightning resistant" but gives no details. The typical building code requires a grounding block near where the coax cable enters the building, but the provided cable implicitly discourages this. While people tend to think of the tradition rooftop antenna as similar to a lightning rod, my understanding is that part of the threat from lightning is the currents induced in the cable itself from nearby strikes. I am simply aware of the issue, but lack the expertise to assess the risks.

Design:
Power injector box: Power for the amplifier inside the antenna is carried to it over the coax cable from this box that is located near the TV. This box is powered by USB (see the manufacturer's description) using standard, readily available parts : USB 2.0 A to Mini-B Cable and a USB Wall-plug Adapter (what the manufacturer calls the "power cube"). This makes replacement quick, easily and inexpensive should the need arise.

The curves of the antenna seem to encourage water to run toward the coax cable connector. The seating for the weather-proofing boot is different from what I normally see: The lip is positioned on an insignificant cylinder. That cylinder can serve two purposes: additional friction to hold the boot in place and a larger contact area to maintain the seal if the boot deteriorates with age. The former is not needed by this antenna because the mounting tube provides more than enough pressure to keep the boot from slipping. However, I don't know about enough about materials to know about the latter. If the antenna is easily accessible for routine (annual?) checks, no worry (my situation). If it's in a difficult location, I would think about how to better protect it.

Shipping Packaging:
Screws and some of the other small parts come in very thin bags. The bag for the mounting screws was inadequate to the task and several screws poked holes in it and escaped. Fortunately, this hardware was in a cardboard compartment that segregated it and thereby prevented damage to the finish on the antenna.

---- APPENDIX: Notes on disagreements and improvements for the instructions ----
Step 1: Installing the base mounting bracket on the roof, eaves, ...: The illustration can easily lead to the installation of the base bracket rotated 90 degrees from intended. Look at step 2 to determine proper orientation.
Step 2: The "mounting tube" (their term, more commonly called a "mast" for antenna installations) has a bend at about 30% of its length. This allows the antenna to be positioned close-and-taller or further out and not as high. The installer should be alert to this option.
Step 3: Attaching the coax cable to the antenna at this point might appear to be deferrable until later. However, attaching the antenna to the mounting tube (mast) in Step 5 is crucial to locking the weather-proofing boot in place (and I couldn't move the boot in position after the mounting had been tightened).
Step 4: Attaching the bracket to the antenna. This could and should be done before Step 3. The instruction to "loosely attach the nuts" is an understatement -- the nuts need to be very loose to leave enough room to insert the mounting tube. The antenna is symmetrical and there are plenty of visual clues that it doesn't matter which side the bracket is mounted on, but this could well be mentioned in the written instructions.
Step 5: Attach the antenna to the mounting tube (mast): Needs a reminder to check that the weather-proofing boot on the coax cable is properly seated -- it may well have come unseated during this process.
Step 6: Run the coax cable from the antenna to your TV. I would argue that this should be done before Step 3 (attaching the coax to the antenna). Typically attaching the cable to the antenna is the _last_ step of the installation because repairing damage done by a jerk on the cable can be difficult or impossible to repair (I haven't disassembled this antenna to see how repairable it is). If you are going to attach the cable to the antenna earlier, you need to provide significant strain-relief and/or tie-down, which you will also need as part of the permanent installation (not documented). But if you have that installed, it will hold that end of the cable in position, so why not be reasonably paranoid and defer connecting the cable until the very end?

---- Footnotes
* Before the Digital TV transition, the RF channel number was the TV station's channel number, but with the transition many stations moved to different RF channels but kept the old number as a virtual channel number (to avoid confusion). For example, the station 02-1 in my area is now broadcast on RF channel 44.

-- Douglas B. Moran

3.0 out of 5 stars It needs to be pointed!........., November 8, 2013
It needs to be pointed to get signals.
The antenna works well once you find where the transmitters are, (or if you happen to know where the transmitters are), and since it is advertised as multi directional antenna and sells for a rather high price, that is false advertising!
The instructions are good and easy to follow and everything you need is in the box. it will not work indoors if you have a metal roof. I have a metal roof and was able to get only about 6 channels with the antenna placed next to a large window and nothing at all when I moved it to the middle of the house. Once I got it outside placed just above the roof line it is bringing in 17 channels. 16 crystal clear, one breaks away most of the time. I have not been able to get any of the public TV broadcast.
I am not sure how this antenna will hold outdoors since it's very light plastic. I will update this if anything breaks or stop working. As of now I am happy with the reception it gets.
It's definitely over priced!

With a little more adjustment I now get 3 public broadcasting channels at night, they are very weak signals so I guess that's why I can't get them during the day. The antenna brings in 16 channels during the day and 20 channels at night. The signal strength is between 10 and 79% on the TV menu scale.

update: 12-08-2013
Now that I have had this antenna in its permanent location I get very good reception on 16 channels on most clear days, get about 24 channels at night and on a very clear night it scans about 30 channels, most of the additional channels will not hold the signal long enough to produce a picture. The picture by the way is a lot better than cable.
Rain and snow does not affect the reception. High wind on the other hand makes all the reception impossible to watch! I am talking about 20 miles an hour wind which I think is very common in most areas at some point.
Don't take me wrong, this is a good antenna; but keep in mind what it will do for you. it definitelly has it's limitations. in my case the main reason I bought it was because of the fact that it didn't need to be aimed at any particular direction!

May 30th 2014- this antenna still works well within it's limitations! As I mentioned before the wind is a great factor on the picture and the channels you receive. In the last 2 months I have experimented with it by moving it about 10 feet higher, the signals come in stronger but I don't get as many channels. So it's back to it's old position

5.0 out of 5 stars Vast improvement over leaf ultimate, November 2, 2013
I had purchased the leaf ultimate and all in all it worked fairly well. I live in a rural area in the mountains and after using the site tvfool.com there were only 9 possible channels/stations I could get from my address. 2 of the stations were low powered and 2 were (being realistic) too far away to receive with an indoor antenna so I didn't expect to get those four.....which was fine because three of the other 5 had NFL which is the only reason I got this in the first place as I have a Roku to stream everything else but football. After a lot of trial and error for indoor placement the best possible spot got me two stations crystal clear and the other three (with football) were touch and go...sometimes they would come in clear, sometimes glitchy, and most of the time not at all. The inconsistency quickly became annoying while watching football so I bought the Sky hdtv hoping that at least it would fix the three stations. Well....for starters I just installed it indoors in the exact same spot on my wall in the living room where I had the leaf because 1. I knew this was the best possible spot for me indoors and 2.the sky can easily be used as an indoor antenna because of its small size and weight. I then rescanned for channels.

Not only did all 5 stations come in completely clear......but I now also receive the other four....and they are perfectly clear. So needless to say this was a vast (and surprising) improvement. Im now getting all 9 of the 9 stations I could possibly receive. I am very happy with this product and highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars WOO HOO, July 31, 2013
I bought the leaf antenna also for a single tv. This one is for the main one in the living room. After having to move it around a bit we settled on a place. It brings in a lot of channels but for us there is interference when the thunder storms kick up. We are outside Atlanta and most channels that we are interested in come in fine the majority of the time so were happy. I also got Roku boxes to supplement the antenna. You have to give up some things with an antenna verses cable but if you can do it, this is the way to go. I like having the extra savings of not having to fork money over to the cable company, especially for channels that I don't watch. But between the antenna and Roku I have well over the channels I had with cable and have saved enough to upgrade the internet connection, and buy Netflix and Hulu Plus and still have money to save. That works!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product with great support, April 10, 2013
Bought the Mohu Sky to replace a wire frame HD antenna that cost about 1/2 as much. The goal was to bring in signals from about 60+ miles away (I'm Canadian looking to get US networks out of Buffalo NY). Set up was simple. However, there were no detailed instructions on how to aim the Mohu Sky for optimal reception. E-mailed support and got all the information I needed. I adjusted the aim of the Mohu and rescanned channels. I now get 8 more channels (from 19 to 27), some of which are up to 90mi away (far greater than 60mi advertised maximum for Mohu Sky). One caveat - channels from broadcast towers that are 60+ miles away can experience significant signal impairment during adverse weather (heavy rain, low clouds, snow).

Net result is this... channels within the 60 mi range are now rock solid. Channels beyond the 60mi range are good *most* of the time (which I consider a bonus). Would buy this antenna again.