5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it needs to do any more.
Published 20 months ago by B. Stiles

3.0 out of 5 stars It's useful
I would not trust the meter as it reads out of the box. However, after you calibrate it to a "known accurate" standard, it is fine.
Published 6 months ago by Radio Relay

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it needs to do any more., November 27, 2012
This review is from: 3-in-1 Moisture Meter with Light & PH Test Function (Lawn & Patio)
I was very pleased with this product. I was concerned when I ordered because it was about 75% less than what it is in the local stores. It works great and is exactly what I wanted and has additional features that more expensive meters do not have. No batteries are required so you do not have worry about the batteries leaking and damaging the meter. I tried it on several place where I knew the general moisture level and it gave me the results I expected. The long probes make it easy to see how far down the moisture goes in your soil. At this price, I would suggest you buy at least two in case you are like me and are prone to drop things and/or step on them.

Tom

4.0 out of 5 stars So far so good, March 28, 2013
Puchased from a local box store. The unit appears to work fine for PH light and moisture. The PH meter seems fairly accurate within 1 or 2% of a point. First I used it on a fresh bag of Dirt mix for Rodendrum azaleas and acidic plants. I expected this to be a low PH. The PH read 7 or neutral? So I thought it might be broken. I stuck in by my newly planted Blueberries and it read around 6. I mixed a glass of water and measured about 6. I then added a shot of Muriatic acid(HCL) for lowering ph in pools, the needle went as far to the right (below 3) as possible. This showed it was measuring something.

I decided to do a sample test using ordinary glass of tap water. This measured just under 6 for the PH. I then read the same water using a test strip for testing pool water. The test strip had the tap water at under less than 6.2. So the meter seems reasonably accurate. Readings around various points around the blueberries that I mixed spagnum peet, nitrified sawdust and acidic soil with the a little of the base clay dirt read between 5.3 to just under 6. Plants were put in a few weeks back so depending on probe placement content will likely vary. Will test in 6 months once decay and leaching in the area has time to take place.

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential, November 3, 2012
Q (The Continuum) - See all my reviews
This is essential for measuring moisture. Feeling the top of the pot soil isn't a very good method of telling whether a plant needs water (there could still be lots of moisture lower down), so this gadget is essential. Very sensitive to moisture, so a reading of 3-4 (on a scale of 1-10) is actually pretty dry. Many houseplants are very sensitive to overwatering, so I recommend this device to all. The Ph and light meter, I don't use, and I would be cautious about using it to test Ph. This also has a light meter. There is a little window on the front which will tell you what your light levels on. Of course we can see for ourselves how much light there is, but this might be handy for comparing different locations.

4.0 out of 5 stars Inexpensive, Reusable pH Test, June 4, 2014
I was looking for an inexpensive and reusable way to test the pH of soil in various flower beds around my yard, and found it! This meter appears to be accurate within 0.2 points, and also can be used to measure light and moisture. Great deal! One small issue: the pH measurement does not work well if the soil is too dry. Wetting the soil somewhat appears to be necessary to get an accurate reading.

UPDATE: After about one month of use, the meter began to give inaccurate readings, measuring everything as 1-2 points too alkaline. Roughing up the tips of the probes with steel wool fixed the problem. So keep the probe clean and dry, and from time to time you may need to use something abrasive on the probe tips in order to preserve accuracy.

5.0 out of 5 stars 3in 1 Moisture Meter, July 16, 2012
Product works great. Is exactly what I needed. If you lack a green thumb this is your best friend! Thanks to this gadget I can just read it and make sure my plants have everything they need to stay healthy.

4.0 out of 5 stars easy to use, May 12, 2014
Worked well reading the garden soil pH.
Really light and flimsy but gets the job done easily.
Has other readings available.

3.0 out of 5 stars It's useful, January 5, 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, May 6, 2014
Took a long time getting here but worth the wait for the price. It comes in handy checking the moisture and PH levels. I am trying to grow a Clementine, Lemon, Lime and two Blueberry plants. First time at this so need all the help I can get.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Tool for the Garden, June 10, 2014
I have found this meter to be useful while gardening with raised beds. I like to keep an eye on the moisture level and general pH rating of the soil.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Great, June 7, 2014
Great price, 3 functions and works great. Very happy with this product. Viewing section is big enough to ready and easy to use.

Rate and Discover Movies