5.0 out of 5 stars Mojo Mom stands out
As an editor at a parenting magazine, I see hundreds of parenting books each year, but Mojo Mom stands out as a personal favorite. Many moms read about pregnancy, delivery, newborn development, potty training, discipline, but forget to pick up a book about what's happening to mom.

For a job that is so life-changing, so consuming, so challenging, there are very...
Published on June 22, 2005 by S. Grant

3.0 out of 5 stars Moms need nurturing, too!
One accusation often leveled at "bad mothers" is selfishness. But there's a selfishness of self-importance and superiority, and a selfishness that simply acknowledges that one's self is just as important as anyone else's. The subtitle of Amy Tiemann's book refers to the second kind of selfishness; it's the idea that we're actually better nurturers of our families and...
Published on May 8, 2009 by Florinda

5.0 out of 5 stars Very empowering read, April 7, 2009
I wished I had had a copy of this book ten years ago when I became a new mom. I did what I thought were 'all the right things' by reading such books as What to Expect When You're Expecting: 4th Edition, but the reality is I was so focused on my child's well-being that I forgot my own. It took years for me to pull out of that role of total sacrifice. After reading Amy's book, I felt encouraged to keep going on my own mission to empower parents the world over.

Written from Amy's perspective of a highly educated work-from-home mom,Mojo Mom: Nurturing Your Self While Raising a Family speaks to a new generation of mothers who is navigating the waters of self-care while caring for others. Amidst the mixed messages in the media landscape about motherhood, Amy has risen above the ashes to pen a most noteworthy book that alleviates guilt and the perfection syndrome so many of us have.

~Christine Louise Hohlbaum is the author of Diary of a Mother: Parenting Stories and Other Stuff and Sahm I Am: Tales of a Stay-at-Home Mom in Europe.

5.0 out of 5 stars More than coping, November 6, 2006
Mojo Mom promises to help mothers nurture themselves while raising a family, yet it delivers much more than coping tips. True, its format often includes those compelling bullet-point action plans that we love, but its deeper message rings clearly. Tiemann calls us to value the transformation inherent in motherhood and to use the tension between our needs and family needs to spark creative impulses and fuel actions that can change the constricted environment many mothers find themselves in.

The writing is clear and intelligent; Tiemann substantiates her points without getting lost in references. Never losing sight of the complexity of our current situation, she writes an accessible and inspiring manual to help us trust our deepest intuitions and experience the happiness that comes from acting in alignment with those intuitions. I highly recommend it to any mother who knows something is missing and needs wise guidance and support.

5.0 out of 5 stars I am my kids' Mojo Mom, June 16, 2005
This review is from: Mojo Mom (Hardcover)
I really enjoyed this book. It can be a tool for a new mother or, in this case, teach an old mom some new tricks. It is refreshing to come across this increasingly hotbed topic written in such a non partisan, encouraging way. These are guidelines to ignite YOUR mojo...yes, it is still there and the embers are waiting.

The practical side of me enjoyed the meaty margins and areas for notations. The chapters are engaging and can be bitten off and digested easily.This a well researched honest account of the mojo metamorphasis that deserves to be on any nightstand.

5.0 out of 5 stars What every new--and not-so-new--mom needs to hear., June 20, 2005
This review is from: Mojo Mom (Hardcover)
This book feels like something coming to life that has been rumbling in the earth. It feels like a blessing, an award, a gift, a designation that you get for being a woman and a mom. It is completely down-to-earth and practical at every turn yet at the same time elevates you to a new and quietly explosive sense of yourself as a woman, a mom, and beyond. I wish someone could have put this book in my hands when my children were little. A life and a soul saver!

Susan Kendrick, WriteToYourMarket.com

4.0 out of 5 stars Practical Tips!, July 24, 2013
Amy gave some great practical tips for when you are ready to kind of be more independent of the baby.

I liked how she gave her unique perspective on it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Leans toward stay at home Moms, May 14, 2007
I purchased this for my Daughter after she went back to work. It sounded like it would be helpful for working Moms. It started out more pro stay at home Moms and put her off so she never was able to read it all. It just wasn't what she needed to hear when staying at home wasn't an option. There may be good advice somewhere in it for working Moms but it is hard to get to.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very helpful!!!, June 20, 2005
This review is from: Mojo Mom (Hardcover)
Amy Tiemann has really put her finger on what parents need, to do their job effectively and with the least amount of angst, in this well-written and insightful book. For any parent, but particularly for women who plan to spend their days with their children, this is a very valuable resource. It's an empowering and positive way to help all parents be more prepared for the challenges they face.

Forget the booties--Mojo Mom would make the perfect baby shower gift--best of all, they won't outgrow it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Puts it all in perspective!, July 16, 2005
This review is from: Mojo Mom (Hardcover)
Wow. This book helps center mothering within the context of a healthy, fulfilling life. It is a fabulous resource for anyone facing the joyful and overwhelming transition to parenthood.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not great, August 16, 2013
This review is from: Mojo Mom: Nurturing Your Self While Raising a Family (Paperback)
I did not love thi book or would I recommend it. Kind of boring & outdated info. There are better. Books out there.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous Book, April 4, 2007
This book has been a fantastic read...we all need the support and nurturing ourselves to do the most amazing job on earth - being the best mom you can be. This book inspires!!Moms' Lifesavers: Tips to Make Life Easier for New Mothers

Mojo Mom: Nurturing Your Self While Raising a Family
Mojo Mom: Nurturing Your Self While Raising a Family by Amy Tiemann (Paperback - April 7, 2009)
Used & New from: $2.11