From the Publisher
* Each chapter includes a concise end-of-chapter summary of the material covered
* Incorporates text boxes that introduce readers to exciting developments and related topics of interest
* Provides thought questions, problems, and suggested reading lists at the conclusion of each chapter that test student comprehension and encourage further research
* Written by only two authors, both of whom are specialists in the field and who have significant experience teaching the subject of bacterial molecular genetics
* Integrates biochemical, genomic, and structural information that broadens the knowledge obtained from molecular genetics
* Focuses on the most widely studied bacteria, Escherichia coli and Bacillus subtilis, but incorporates many examples from other bacteria of medical, ecological, and biotechnological importance --This text refers to an alternate Hardcover edition.