5.0 out of 5 stars I finally feel like a hipster
Great book, clean pages, good coffee.

Being left handed, most "hardbound" journals don't work well for me. My hand hits the binding and it is just a pain to write in them. Surprisingly, the Moleskine folds almost flat and allows me to fill pages with ease.

Published on August 24, 2010 by Include Loki

3.0 out of 5 stars thin pages
This is a great product and I love the quality and design, except for the thickness of the pages. You can see the writing on the next page through as if it is between regular paper and tracing paper. Will buy the sketch book version to avoid this.
Published on September 19, 2011 by Briana Nicholson

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars I finally feel like a hipster, August 24, 2010
This review is from: Moleskine Classic Notebook, Large, Plain, Red, Hard Cover (5 x 8.25) (Classic Notebooks) (Flexibound)
Great book, clean pages, good coffee.

Now I too can become one of the hipster intelligencia. Before long I'll be riding a fixie down to the coffee shop post throwing my macbook and the moleskine into a chome bag. I'll ponder things like "Where did these skinny jeans come from?" and "Does my mustache work?". It's gonna be awesome!

Thank you Moleskine, Thank you.

3.0 out of 5 stars thin pages, September 19, 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the red, October 25, 2010
Tina (New York, NY) - See all my reviews
Plain large (non-sketch books) are very difficult to find, especially with a pretty girly cover. With much frustration of searching all over creation in-stores and including the cyberspace world none were available until I opt for classic red Moleskine in plain large. It fits my needs as a student of both Cantonese and Mandarin classes where I learn reading, writing Chinese characters and proper pronunciation in spoken form. The pages are acid-free which is important for me to review my notes years beyond, the weight of the paper is higher grain than the typical filmsy as personally, I apply a lot of presssure onto the book with my pen. The book remains intact and durable. Good price below $19.00 is a smart purchase wherever I travel as a avid writer of poetry and Yelp reviews.

5.0 out of 5 stars A MUST IF YOU WRITE, November 27, 2011
I'm a writer, so Moleskine's have been my companion's for a while. The ones where I feel less constrained to write my ideas are the Plain ones, as sometimes I like to draw as well. The large size is great for me, since I can fit more ideas on a page while the notebook still fits in my purse. The hardcover is also great, and although the pages are a bit thin to me is not too much. I got the sketchbook once but then it felt too thick so I stick with the normal one since then. The inner pocket is great, I always use it. Now when the red cover one came out I thought I gotta had one, red is my favorite color. What else can I said?

4.0 out of 5 stars rorange, January 14, 2013
This is a lovely Moleskine, even if the color is less red than orange. My husband says that it is rorange, or, perhaps it's roarange.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great shade of red, September 19, 2009
The usual exceptional Moleskine quality in an energizing shade of red. It's a picky thing, but I really like how the elastic is just the right color. It's the attention to detail that makes something special, isn't it? This is a sleek notebook in a fun color, and fans of Moleskine products will not be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bright red cover!, May 4, 2009
I love the red cover. The pages are thin and good for writing (not drawing). Good size, sturdy cover, everything a Moleskine should be.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good book, July 12, 2014
This is all I use for journal writing. The color is my favorite. The paper is nice and thick so I can use roller ball pens and write on both sides of the pages. The cover is sturdy. No complaints.

2.0 out of 5 stars My first Moleskine notebook, and probably my last, February 12, 2014
I finally bought into the preppy hype surrounding Moleskine when I needed an unlined notebook for a special project. The first thing I noticed when I received it was how thin it is for a 240-page book--about 5/8" thick. I opened it and found out why: the pages are ridiculously thin for a journal/notebook. I'm hesitant to use anything but a light pencil on them, and, really, what point is there to a notebook that must be tiptoed through with writing instruments? The cover is decent (for textured cardboard) and the pocket on the inner back cover is nifty, but the paper is ridiculously low-quality. If these are the "legendary notebooks" that Moleskine touts, the legend is definitely overblown.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for the purse, February 6, 2014
I love to sketch, but as a new mom, I'm constantly on the go. I can just throw this in my purse and go. Whether it's in the doctor's office or even on lunch breaks. Good way to kill some time.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›