5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding planner!
This moleskine has a square grid, which is ideal for engineering. I've used this particular moleskine for graphing data and organizing. I go through one every 2 months on a job transfering permanent information to records. I transfer information to the next book.

Published on April 16, 2009 by Dirk J. Willard

3.0 out of 5 stars Lines are too dark
Published on April 26, 2010 by FroggyM

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding planner!, April 16, 2009
This review is from: Moleskine Classic Notebook, Pocket, Squared, Black, Hard Cover (3.5 x 5.5) (Classic Notebooks) (Hardcover)

It is important to equip the book for your use. I keep a reduced 3-year calender in the front. In the back flap I keep a small ruler, a couple of business cards and some reduced charts for use.I cut the ruler from my old day runner ruler.

This is an ideal organizer because it fits in nearly all shirt breast pockets. This is so much easier than the bulky dayrunner and much more convenient than my blackberry.

If this review helped, please add your vote.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy standby, December 29, 2009
Brian A. Lee (Atlanta, GA United States) - See all my reviews
This is the small notebook that will barely fit in a shirt pocket or pants pocket. It's great for taking with you on trips where the hard cover will keep it from falling apart or getting soaked by sweat. I like the graph paper (instead of the lined or plain paper available) as it is easier to draw maps and sketches. I do wish they were a bit sturdier, but I've found nothing better in 10 years of looking.

3.0 out of 5 stars Lines are too dark, April 26, 2010
FroggyM (Washington, DC) - See all my reviews
Within the same order, I purchased a pocket sized "ruled" moleskine, a pocket sized "squared" moleskine, and a large sized "squared" moleskine. Unfortunately, the lines in both the squared moleskines are too dark. They are noticeably darker than the lines in the ruled moleskine (I compared them very closely to ensure that my analysis was correct). Indeed, the lines are so dark that it's difficult to read what is written in black pen. The only upside is that if someone is trying to read what you've written, over your shoulder, they will have a difficult time doing so.

This is unfortunate, because my friend's squared moleskine (which he purchased "several years ago") has lines that are much lighter in color, like the lines which appear in the "ruled" moleskines. I'm guessing that I had a bum production batch, or they've amended the product from its previous form.

Also, with the squared moleskine, the lines are too close together. They are closer together than the lines in the "ruled" moleskines. This makes it difficult to write quickly if you're writing one line of text per line. You have to write so small that it's difficult to keep up your writing speed.

Overall, a disappointment. But generally I love moleskine notebooks. Just sucks that the "squared" version (or at least the ones shipped to me) are so flawed.

5.0 out of 5 stars What it claims to be & nothing more, November 13, 2011
nrickenb (South Florida) - See all my reviews
I've used Moleskine products daily for a long time and haven't had one problem that I didn't cause myself. After all this time I'm still amazed that buyers continue to become frustrated and angry with their Moleskine for not doing what they wanted it to, subsequently complaining that Moleskine either lies about the product or that it has too much "hype". Nowhere in the pamphlet that their products come with does it mention names such as Hemingway and Chatwin and then tell us that we are all artists because we now have one. Neither do they claim to be leather, handmade, invincible or impervious to the treatment some owners subject them to. They are excellent products for what they are (yes, I've tried all the major competitors), not what some imagine them to be.
You are buying a ten to fifteen dollar pocket sized book for writing in, not an expensive, handcrafted piece of stationery meant to be used for months and years before filling. Moleskine pocket notebooks are exactly that: Pocket-sized notebooks. Common sense dictates that pocket doesn't mean your back pocket. It is a note book...meant to jot quick notes, thoughts, sketches and whatever else in. For this purpose you can't find a better product for the money, and at 96 sheets and 192 pages it should be more or less full before it absorbs enough of a user's abuse to destroy it.
Moleskine makes a better product than they should for the low price, no matter where it's made or how. I've gone through A LOT of these notebooks and their quality remains consistent with what I expect. Like any other product, a person should know what to expect, and be reasonable about their expectations, before they make a purchase.

2.0 out of 5 stars Good, but flimsy cover, June 28, 2009
jzehaz "jzehaz" (Pleasantville, NY) - See all my reviews
I bought this to take with me to jot notes, addresses, etc as it is pocket sized. I have an old Leeds notebook, leather binding, that just cannot hold anymore writing. I purchased this as a substitute. I have the calendar and like it. The binding on this is not very durable. I typically keep ithis in my briefcase and I am finding that the top and bottom of the spine has torn and required scotch tape on both ends to repair. It is a disappointment as I like the design and the paper but the durability is severely lacking. I will try not to ever buy another paper cover notebook again.

5.0 out of 5 stars You'll Love It, June 30, 2013
I keep a notebook with me at all times. I've tried a number of different brands and these are by far the best. Clean and classy. Binding doesn't look cheap. Definitely takes a beating. I'll keep buying them as long as they keep making them.

5.0 out of 5 stars One word: great., December 10, 2009
For years, I have carried a small stack of 3 x 5 index cards in my shirt pocket for quick note taking. From time to time, I would experiment with using various notebooks, but never found one that quite fit my needs - until the Mokeskine.

This model fits in my shirt pocket, each page provides adequate writing area, the binding is just about right for allowing the pages to lie almost flat and the squares are very helpful for quick sketches.

While I have electronic devices I can use for note taking, sometimes nothing beats pen and paper. The Moleskine makes it simple to capture your thoughts on the run.

Jerry

5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy, sleek, mobile, July 11, 2013
I love this book, it even has an inside pocket that I could carry cards in. The squares are also a good size.

5.0 out of 5 stars carry every day, April 21, 2013
My husband carries these every day and takes notes in them, they fit in his front jacket pocket, and aren't too bulky.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful for keeping track of my notes!, March 2, 2013
Andrea Veenstra (Muskegon, Michigan) - See all my reviews
As an avid writer, I always find myself in need of a notebook to record my spur-of-the-moment ideas and inspirations. This Moleskine notebook is beyond perfect for this purpose; it fits easily enough in my coat pocket that I can carry it everywhere I go. The squared lines are especially great for recording my quick ideas; they aren't as restrictive as I find simple, horizontal lines to be, and keep me more organized than just blank sheets of paper would.

Overall, it's very sturdy and the pages are thick enough to not let ink soak through- this also keeps the pages from tearing easily as other notebooks might allow.

$12.95 $9.99