Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Moleskine 2013 Weekly Planner+Notes, 12 Month, Large, Black, Soft Cover (5 x 8.25) (Planners & Datebooks)
Safety Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on November 21, 2012
I have been using Moleskine planners for several years, and always loved how they perfectly fit my needs - month outlines at the front and weekly pages mixed with blank pages for to-do lists, etc, for each week. They seem to have re-designed this planner this year (2013), though, as it no longer has the monthly outlines at the front of the planner. I've loved this planner in the past because it allows me to both look at the month at a glance, and write more detailed plans, and am very disappointed at the loss of this feature. I would consider returning the planner, but I actually already exchanged the monthly planner that I ordered on accident (thinking it was what I had in the past).

Additionally, the pages seem to have gotten thinner over the years which allows almost any pens I use to fade through to the other side. I haven't yet decided if I'll even stick with this journal through 2013, or see if a friend wants it and look for something that better suits my needs and is higher quality. Overall, I'm very disappointed in the changes that Moleskine has made. I think that this will be the last planner I buy from them, unless they return to their older format and quality.
on December 17, 2012
I love Moleskin'es but I have to agree with another review here lamenting the loss of the monthly pages at the front of this calendar. That was the whole point of having this planner--I could see both the month at a glance and make notes for each each week. Ugh, guess I have to go back to my Franklin Covey. So sad.
on December 8, 2013
My ideal planner! Love the paper material..smoothly writes with ball point pens. Also, I love the right side as a side to make lists. I'm obsessed with lists so it suits me perfectly! I buy this planner every year!
on March 21, 2013
Call me old-fashioned, but I love being able to jot down information in a planner versus on a computer. I purchased the 2011 planner in this size, but downsized to the pocket-sized planner in 2012. That was a mistake -- this larger planner is much more useful. There's lots of information for travelers (itinerary planner, time zones, conversion charts, holiday guides, etc.), which I mostly ignore. The print is light enough, however, that you could write notes right over all of these things if you needed more paper. Moleskine also has special downloads on their website, so if you wanted to print inserts to cover these pages, you can do that easily. The blank page just to the right of the weekly calendar is great and allows me to freely make my lists. Plus, the space for each day is more than ample. The pocket in the back is heavy duty, and in my years of using Moleskine, I've never had an issue with them ripping.

Accept NO substitutes. Moleskine is the highest quality, most durable planner there is! My 2011 version of this planner once survived having Pepsi dumped onto it (pages held up, nothing came unstitched or unglued), and my pocket version was thrown around heavily and looked great by the end of the year. The cheaper, bookstore-brand versions of this planner are not as good of quality, are not bound as tightly, etc. I've never been disappointed with Moleskine products.
on January 28, 2013
As a new teacher, organization is truly crucial. I have really disliked the teacher planners that are available and have been looking for a good weekly planner where I could jot down lesson plans and appointments.

Moleskine has a great classical, minimalist appeal. The paper is of very nice quality and the layout is very practical. The ribbon is a great addition for never losing your place. My only gripe, and it's not a major issue, is that I wish each month had a dedicated monthly calendar as well. I know this would add bulk but it would be nice to have both a monthly outlook as well as a weekly setup available in one planner. Picky - I know.

In an age of mobile technology, and I do love my smartphone, there is something that just cannot replace a tangible object where you can quickly write something down, alter it, add ideas, share with others, etc. If you are looking for an attractive and functional planner, you can't really go wrong with a Moleskine.
My son asked for this Moleskine 2013 Calendar for his birthday this December. He's pursuing a doctorate in Economics at U. of Washington in Seattle. He teaches and TA's graduate and undergrad classes in economics along with research so keeps a busy schedule which he needs to keep track of.

I asked him why he liked this particular Calendar--he not only appreciates the materials it is made out of, he said he likes the spacing on the pages. It suits his particular needs. As a former math major undergrad, he is particular about spacing and organization. He keeps me organized when he's home a few weeks of the year. This is a great gift for a student.
on January 1, 2013
I would be lost without this thing! There's plenty of room for your daily tasks and a large note section for any overflow you may need. Mine is attached to me throughout the day in the office and gets filled with the random nonsense that goes on through the day making it essential throughout the year.
The back pocket is handy but gives out after a while, mine seems to last until December 2x so it acts as its own reminder when it is time to replace.
on March 22, 2013
I finally went back to a paper planner this year - the Moleskine has enough space to write in (important for me because my handwriting is large) and is slim enough to fit in my purse without taking up much space. I like the pocket in the back to store important things in if necessary and the notes section to put info about the week or just when I need a place to jot something down. Also appreciate the elastic band that keep it closed in my purse so the pages don't get ripped or bent.
on February 20, 2014
I've been using this format and size of planner for 3 years now and I love it. Room on the left for your daily scheduling, free room on the right for whatever you like (I use it for to-do lists and reminders). May not be for everyone, but it definitely the right planner for me. I'll continue to return to these every year for as long as I can find them.
on January 22, 2013
Decided I needed a paper solution for keeping tack of all my work tasks and to-dos. This is an excellent solution.

Good quality, nice paper stock, leather cover, good elastic band -- all standard moleskine features. Includes some extraneous pages (conversions, stickers, etc.), also standard molskine stuff. The planner itself is pretty awesome though. It has days of the week on the left and a lined page on the right. I've found it is the perfect way to keep my weekly tasks organized and use the right to capture notes about specific things.

If you're looing for something to keep track of meetings and all that, this is probably not it. But it's perfect for work items. Only complaint, would've liked a hardcover version not the softcover.