5.0 out of 5 stars Great Notebook!
Published on January 11, 2007 by Geoff Phillips

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, little notebook
Published on May 2, 2011 by Daniel

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Notebook!, January 11, 2007
Honestly, you can't go wrong buying a Moleskine. Maybe it's cheesy, but I'm more likely to write down things that are important to me if I like the book I am writing them in. A good friend of mine gave me my first Moleskine and I bought this one (five line staff) for my little brother. The point I'm trying to make is that this is simply the best notebook out there and if you are a good sibling or friend you'll buy one for someone important to you.

5.0 out of 5 stars awsome.... for the portability, June 6, 2008
This review is from: Moleskine Art Plus Music Notebook, Pocket, Black, Hard Cover (3.5 x 5.5) (Classic Notebooks) (Hardcover)
great value and small size make this a no-brainer for people who need do things that involve creativity in their daily routine. For myself this product is awesome, I work a job that involves almost no mental involvement but pays well, so this Moleskine Music note book is great for working on daily solfege and composition projects. 8 stave's is more than enough, but I recommend a .04mm pen instead of pencil as pages smudge with pencil....just remember to wait for the ink to dry before closing the book.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, little notebook, May 2, 2011
I accidentally bought this notebook instead of buying it's big brother. Fortunately, it's way more convenient to carry around than the bigger version would have been. That being said, the notebook is quite small. It's great for jotting down little notes.. I use it to write down vocal exercises that I learn. Little stuff like that. If you're actually wanting to write out more than a couple measures of music, don't get this book. Honestly, I wouldn't consider one of the Moleskine notebooks if you're going to write some serious music. If you're using it to jot down ideas in more of a journalistic form, these notebooks are great.

All in all, this particular notebook is small and convenient, but doesn't lend itself to being useful in the realm of writing music.

4.0 out of 5 stars Moleskine Music Notebook, August 21, 2008
I've been carrying this notebook around for the entire summer and can honestly say that it's useful as a sketchbook. I've jotted down some of the main themes of the tone poem i just finished first in the moleskine.
What i wish is that the company would also make a music notebook in their larger format because while I can write down melodic fragments writing out anything that requires 2 or 3 voices is incredibly difficult on such small pages. On the whole I think I will buy another once I've filled my current one as even with the drawbacks of the size it beats carrying around folded up pieces of staff paper which invariably get worn out in ones pocket.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for composers, January 22, 2012
This is a good mini notebook for composers who like to write their ideas down as they come. I only wish they had the same product with soft cover so it could fit comfortably in one's pocket.

5.0 out of 5 stars Moleskine Music Notebook, May 7, 2007
BluAnjel21 "Ang" (Pinckney, Mi United States) - See all my reviews
I purchased this notebook for my daughter who plays guitar and writes her own tunes and lyrics. It's great for her lessons, as her teacher can print out snippets for her to practice and she can record all her compositions in one place as well. It's high quality paper and durable cover will make for an archive she can treasure forever!

4.0 out of 5 stars The standard, March 31, 2007
A nice music Journal. I would just like to see Moleskine expand their options for musicians. Offering this with Tabulature fits the way many guitarists take notes, or even facing "Blank" pages for songwriting.

Highly recommended for instructors. I make all of my students carry one for their lessons. I write my notes in their books as well as have them do their "Homework" in them. After a year, they have a nice history of the class. (And it fits easily into most cases and gig bags.

5.0 out of 5 stars best thumbnail sketchpad for composers, March 2, 2013
Not only have I had mine for more years than I can remember, during its days of heavy-duty service, this little sucker was always there when I needed it, and (if you use the right kind of lead) it faithfully "held" my musical ideas. Especially good for writing down melodic phrases, off-the-cuff transcriptions, simple chord charts (though not for jazz charts, as you really only have room for two bars per stave), and just generally excellent at capturing those fleeting moments of inspiration when you would otherwise look for an envelope or napkin while sitting a keyboard. This sucker never fell apart on me, in spite of the three years I carried it with me daily, spilled beer on it, played from it like a fake book at gigs, and worked within it as a composer and arranger. Don't expect huge expanses of space, but, if you know you need a piece of manuscript paper with you always (one that will never get lost or destroyed like the rest of the matchbooks and napkins in your jacket pocket), then this little badass is for you. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, December 28, 2011
It looks really sturdy, and the cover looks very nice. I really think it is a good thing for any musician on the go!

5.0 out of 5 stars For the composer on the go!, February 9, 2008
If you write music, then you know inspiration strikes in unexpected places. This provides a useful way to transcribe these for later development. There's handy folder inside the cover for to-do lists too.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›