Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Moleskine Reporter, Large Ruled Notebook
Safety Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on February 15, 2007
I can't say with any certainty where Moleskines are made but mine say inside the front cover they are made in Italy .

I write daily and haven't found anything to equal their quality although i've looked. Most everything else either bleeds through, has wax on the paper so the pen skips, binding comes apart, binding if sewn isn't sewn straight, paper type varies, journal varies in quality from one to the next, or the design doesn't meet my needs. I use the large ruled reporter and find it ideal in every respect for its intended purpose.

My only criticism is their price. They seem dreadfully expensive for my meager writer's income. Even a 30% reduction off the street price would be a help. I'd happily purchase a less expensive but equal journal but so far i've not found one. So i quit drinking sodas and use the consequent saving to purchase Moleskines. My health and writing are the beneficiaries.

JohnP
I've used these for several years and just love them. Since I use fountain pens, I need a journal that has high-quality paper that will work well with the pens. These just fit the bill.

I especially like these because I'm used to reporter notebooks, having used them for years as a newspaper person. I use both the large and the small ones. I decorate each one to suit my mood at the time and file them away before starting a new one.

You can use them for all sorts of things. I use mine for my thoughts and ideas and business notes. I like ruled notebooks because my handwriting is not great and I like to have the lines.

These are well made and fun to use. Highly recommended.
on August 30, 2006
I orignally purchased my first Moleskine notebook in an effort to get rid of the numerous sticky notes populating my purse. I'm an Image Consultant, and it is not only bad for my image, but for my organization to have to dig through 'confetti' every time I open my bag! It really worked! The paper is smooth and my pens flow wonderfully across the pages. The convenient size fits neatly into my purse, and I always have the notepaper with me. The tear-out sheets in the back are convenient for giving notes to others, and I've purchased quite a few Moleskines since my first one. I've even bought them for my 16-year old daughter, who loves them as well.
on January 19, 2008
This is a great piece of work: well bound, good paper, as good as advertised!
on October 30, 2014
Moleskine makes great quality products. The binding is great and if you're looking for a classic journal this is the one to get.
on January 17, 2007
These notebooks are famous because a lot of famous people used them. I guess that 90 years ago, these kinds of notebooks were the only reliable notebooks compared to the foolscap that most people wrote on for everyday stuff. The notebook itself is unspectacular - you get some number of ivory pages, narrow-ruled, acid-free paper (you can get this almsot anywhere) and a moleskine cover, which just seems like vinyl in texture and thickness. The notebook is glued on the binding, which means it won't lie flat when you open it unless you force the spine and it has a flimsy elastic band to keep it closed.

Note that this is designed in Italy, but made in China...you can get any number of other sketch or notebooks that have equal quality and cost less than this. A cheaper notebook might not be designed in Italy, but you can at least have acid-free paper and a few extra dollars in your pocket.

However, if you enjoy paying for the Moleskin name so you can be seen at Starbuck's trendily eschewing the laptop for primitive technology ("I'm OLD school...a REAL writer!"), then you'll want a case of these.
55 comments|5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 2, 2008
This is the perfect size and price for a small journal to carry anywhere I go. I have to control myself not to order cases of them.