Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it blink-182 Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: Hardcover|Change

on February 11, 2009
This notebook is always in my pocket.
Over here electronics (pda's) just don't hold up long.
If you need to keep info you write it down.
The paper quality is excellent and I don't have to use 100mph tape to keep the cover from comming off.
The pocket in the back is great for keeping info given to you that you don't have time to write down until later.
VINE VOICEon November 13, 2008
moleskine is VERY expensive but VERY good quality. I carry my notepad everywhere, sometimes in my pant's back pocket and it is in great shape. The paper quality is good and it would definitely surpass your expectations. I personally prefer the Moleskine sketchbook (lavander tag) because the paper is 4 times thicker. You can write on it with ANY kind of pen/ink and it will not bleed !
It is definitely worth the price
on August 12, 2010
It's not actually expensive if you use it right, and it's made my life as a reporter much easier. It's tough as nails, both the cover and the paper, so it takes a lot of abuse. Disposable notepads don't fair well in my purse (or my life), but this does. The other reporter notepads (the disposable ones) have only 70 pages, while this has 192. With thicker paper and hard covers front and back, it's easy to flip it over and start using pages from the back forward once the front pages are filled. I would go batty if I had to do that with TOPS or whatever (and it would get torn up, be hard to read with thin paper written on both sides). So, I actually get 384 pages for 9.60, which is $0.025 per page. The cheapest TOPs on Amazon comes out at $0.029 per page since I would not use both sides of the thin pages. So, I get a bargain, always have a hard surface to write on, the covers protect my pages from various mishaps, and it looks classy too.
on January 26, 2012
I try to carry this notepad with me wherever I go. It's a little bigger than my iPhone4S, but there are a lot of times where I find it easier to write something down on paper rather than type it into a note app on my phone.
This notebook is everything I hoped it would be. It fits in my back pocket, the pages flip over the top, and after you've broken it in for a few days, the cover flips over to the backside and you can hold the whole thing flat in one hand. I love the little elastic strap that holds it shut, and the pocket inside that you can slip business cards and papers into, without them being inclined to fall out. The pocket has the opening towards the binding, so when you hold the notebook in any direction, the contents of the pocket are safe.

I took this on a trip to a garden show and found it easy to carry and deal with. Highly recommended.
VINE VOICEon April 23, 2011
I discovered the Moleskine products a few years ago by accident. I was scouting in a high-end pen store when I saw their display out of the corner of my eye. I want to say their note books spoke to me - from 5 feet away, I could tell these were high quality products. Because I am always interviewing people (I write about cars), the reporter notebook came home with me.

Everything about it works. It's a perfect size (the traditional long and narrow "reporter's note books don't fit in a pocket easily.). The hard cardboard cover makes it easier to hold and write when used handheld - nice and stable. The elastic strap keeps the cover closed so it doesn't flip open and allow your free floating pieces of paper (e.g., business cards, receipts) to fall out until you stick them in the small envelope / pouch on the back cover. Despite the small size, the paper is still the wonderful Moleskine stuff that makes writing an "experience" instead of a chore.

No, it's not inexpensive. But the best never is. I treat myself to the Moleskine indulgence because when I write in any of their books, I seem to take better notes and write with better penmanship - weird, right?
on January 22, 2011
I love these moleskine reporter books because they are perfect compliments to my study regimen. I went to ebooks on my iPad which I love but it makes taking notes a hassle. With these I just set up at my desk, my bed, the beach, the classroom, my hammock, the bus, train, and plane and start reading and annotating at an efficient speed -- no desk needed. I used to use a stardard composition book but I like the large fliptop better because its more stable than a composistion book when handheld but still gives me the room I need for complex ideas and figures. I feel like I'm documenting the news with my notes and it feels more important to me.

Hopefully when these college years are over I will have a stack of these for reference filled with my own handwritten notes and graphs. (Really its like a trophy when its completely filled. I have 6 done already.) I like writing on the back page upside down so when I open my book its like I have an 18 inch page filled with notes. I transcribe them back onto the iPad to reinforce what I'm learning. I would love if they had numbered pages though (I put a table of contents in mine but # all the pages is a pain.)

I do also like how the back 30-40 pages of notes are preforated, great when I need to share information with someone.
on November 12, 2007
i've owned little canvas pocket notebooks with the little elastic bands and all sucked. poor quality. anyway.......moleskine rules. this is my first moleskine but this reporter notebook is so cool. it fits in my back pocket like i've got 2 wallets but very sturdy and bendable. quality. and to my surprise there's a little pocket in the back to store little reference materials. i like making comics and writing songs and designing t-shirts and it all goes here including grocery list and when this fills up then i'll get another. write down your goals here. this is like finding the perfect pen, which for me is the "pilot precise V5" but that's another review.
on August 31, 2014
I stinking love these notebooks. They make me feel like I am running around the world working for the Daily Prophet. I have a quick eureka thought or a serious investigative breakthrough, and all I need to do is jot it down after I aggressively flip open my reporter style book.

In all seriousness, these are my favorite moleskines. Having the spline at the top reduces the amount of paper affected (middle splines make paper all but un-writeable in the middle margins). And I really like the ruled paper.
on November 27, 2011
This lined notebook fits easily into pocket or purse. It can be used easily anywhere--at your desk, from an easy chair, on the train or bus, or anyplace you are sitting. I have it nearby when I am reading a book. I record unfamiliar words and special passages from the book. As the title of the review says "hundreds of uses." Invent your own.