Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Moleskine Ruled Volant Notebook Sky Blue Large (Set of 2)
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on May 27, 2011
I just finished writing a review about the Rhodia Webnotebook claiming my new found love for it. I also compared it with the traditional Moleskine Large notebook, finally coming to the conclusion that I love them both equally. However, when looking at this style of notebook no other company can even come close to competing for my love. The reasons I find the large ruled Volant so awesome are numerous but a few stand out above the rest. First and foremost the size is perfect for almost any application due to the slim, light, and durable design. And because each of the 96 pages has 32 lines to write on (I believe college ruled if not very similar) it holds a great amount of information without being to large where I would need to write stuff that isn't necessary just to fill the page. The color of paper is a soft ivory and very easy on the eyes, and the last 16 pages are perforated for easy and clean removal. Moleskine does such a great job with their binding process that I have never lost a page due to falling out of the notebook in over 8 years of using their products. My favorite feature is the various colors the Volant is available in and each pack comes with two shades of the advertised color. Without owning them all I still have a different color for each month of the year for easy filing.

I happen to have fallen in love with writing with fountain pens this past year and this poses the only downside to Moleskine in general. The paper does have a decent amount of show through making it either messy to use both sided of the paper or very hard to read at times. Since that is my only complaint I still think these notebooks are unparalleled in this category.
on October 26, 2012
I bought these notebooks about a month ago, and absolutly LOVE them. I really like the size of these notebooks. The lines are very small, which makes it perfect for my tiny writing.

I have a couple complaints though. The pages are very thin, so you can see faded parts of your previous page. Also, though the picture on the Amazon website makes the notebook look very light, it is actually darker than it looks. Instead of coming with two sky blue notebooks, it came with one sky blue notebook, and one dark blue notebook. It's not a big deal for me, but, I would have liked to be informed of that.

Overall these notebooks are wonderful. I find myself using it everyday and enjoying every second of it.

Katie (7th Grader)
on February 26, 2013
I wanted a thinner Moleskin notebook to keep smaller lists in. Also, I was excited to find other colors so i could keep it separate from my classic Moleskin everyday journal. The cover is thinner and more pliable than the classic Moleskine, but I believe it will still stand up for wear and tear.
on March 23, 2013
This is my go-to journal for my clay studio notes/travel. The pocket in the back holds a ceramic idea, post card or too, fare stubs. Some of the pages are perforated so one can remove them without the book falling apart. Did I mention the paper has a pleasing hand making for quick note-taking. And the seller wrapped and mailed them perfectly!
on June 29, 2012
Light and dark sky blue,size similar to Kindle, much smaller than college notebooks,good for travel or classes. Volant is lighter than the classic notebooks, with no pocket.