Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Grocery Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback May4th

VINE VOICEon August 9, 2006
Just a few months ago, I hadn't ever heard of Moleskine, let alone know about the global fan culture that exists for these little notebooks. When I first saw them in a display in a business bookstore in London, I was taken by their design and functionality as much as by the evocative marketing. Now, about nine weeks later, I've bought my third Moleskine, this small squared "reporter" notebook.

I know some people take their Moleskines deep into the jungle, on exotic global treks, or journey with them to the very heights of imagination or contemplation. In that spirit, I take this notebook to the harshest environment I regularly encounter: the gymnasium. My previous gym notepad eventually ended up looking pretty thrashed. I'm confident the Moleskine will fare better, both because it's smaller and because of the fairly sturdy cover.

If I do have one complaint, though, it's about that cover. It doesn't flip fully over to the back, the way the cover on a spiral-bound notebook can, so when you're reading or writing in it, the top sort of flops around. (Maybe the top *does* flip over, and I just haven't brought myself to brualize the notebook that much yet. But it's not obvious it's designed to do so.) Still, it's a solid, attractive, functional, and easily portable notebook. And in a utilitarian environment like a gym, that's a very good set of characteristics to have.
on May 22, 2010
I wish I could really put into words why I derive such pleasure from these little notebooks but I cant...Here are the pros that I can put my finger on:

1) Great paper, I typically write with fountain pens and this paper absorbs the ink nicely. This is crucial when writing in small spaces, such as these note pads.

2) Great durable binders. Almost like writing in a hard cover book.

3) The elastic band closure is excellent. I have ruined many notepads in my travels with them flopping open.

4) Very well made...I have owned about a half dozen Moleskines, to date, and I find them all made to very high standards.

Again, there is more to these notebooks but I just cant quite put my finger on it. The bottom line is that if you need to utilize a notebook in your life, for business or pleasure, you just cannot go wrong with Moleskine products. Grab a reporter for easy notes on the go and get a larger journal for the home, desk or briefcase.
on February 14, 2015
it is ok. cover does not fold all the way, which would be more comfortable to write on. Also pages are not removable. so you have to walk around with tons of notes you already worked on. or sit down after a while and carefully pry them off with a ruler and blade.
on June 3, 2014
I have purchased many tablets and notebooks over the years but this one is the greatest. It is sturdy and of high quality cover and pages. Nice touch is the sturdy elastic band that secures the cover from flopping open. Very professional notebook. I am using mine to document my 500 mile backpacking pilgrimage on El Camino.
VINE VOICEon March 29, 2013
I just attended two press conferences in NYC and everywhere I looked, seasoned (meaning gray-haired) reporters were all jotting notes in their Moleskine notebooks. Yeah, the young guys and gals were iPadding away and the classless were writing on scraps of paper they found here and there.

Philistines!

We cool old guys, we were writing careful notes in what is an iconic pad of paper.

The paper is high quality. It takes pen, pencil and rollerball writing with aplomb - it even makes we want to write better. Yeah, it's that good.

Treat yourself and buy just one of these. Make notes. Write poetry. Sketch your next masterpiece. Write limericks! It's inexpensive inspiration.

Highly recommended.
on December 13, 2013
My sons love these pocket notebooks. They carry them around to jot down thoughts and story ideas. My left-handed son particularly loves the Reporter because it opens from the top rather than the right. This is an annual Christmas present.
on October 23, 2014
Great product. I love Moleskine, especially since they give each product a quality control number for the consumer to use customer support more easily. The notebook itself is great for short notes or calculations. I wouldn't use it for complex physics-type calculation, but it would work great for short word problems or such things
on October 10, 2010
You can never have enough Moleskine's, quality is first rate as always at a great price. I just have to keep at least one close at hand for those quick notes that you know you will forget later in the day.
on December 8, 2011
Moleskine notebooks are great! I use this in place of a laptop for meeting note taking ... if only because the normal business routine of walking into a meeting room and beating the next guy to the plug is just an extension of the rest of life. I just pull out my notebook and pen and am ready.

At the price this was selling for, it was an even better deal than going down to a local store. Or so I thought.

I did not order these direct from Amazon but through a store selling through Amazon. Maybe that was my error. I received my 3 items in a single, USPS small flat rate box (cost roughly $5.50). This particular seller charged shipping and handling PER NOTEBOOK that totalled about $21.00 ... or wqual to the cost of the notebooks. When I questioned this, the reply was that it was in the agreement that shipping was per item, not combined shipments.

Buy the notebook, they're well worth it. As about the shipping, though.
on December 22, 2012
These are so great. I keep one in my purse to write to-do lists and random little notes. The moleskine quality is always worth it. I love that i can use any pen and it not bleed through and look good.