4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Size
Published on July 26, 2009 by Christopher A. Pugh

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but not Great
This is definitely a good price. Especially for the price ($10 for 2). It has nice pages, as all Moleskine journals do, but the covers are very flimsy. They're pretty easy to bend and break.

I would recommend the black ones if you want a quality journal. If you're on a budget, however, these are nice.
Published on September 8, 2012 by Justin Huskey

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Size, July 26, 2009
This review is from: Moleskine Volant Notebook (Set of 2 ), Large, Ruled, Antwerp Blue, Prussian Blue, Soft Cover (5 x 8.25) (Paperback)
Let me first say that I love these Moleskines. I totally believe they are a battery for storing ideas and I use several of them for many different reasons. I am not sure about this particular shade of blue, but some packs have two different colors of blue. One odd thing I found out about these Volant notebooks is that in the heat, like in my car, the plastic cover curls up a lot and makes a semi circle. As soon as the book returns to room temperature, it goes flat again. So, I guess it is not a problem so much as an oddity. These DO NOT have the closure strap or a pocket in the back. The cover is made of some plastic type of material and is textured, so you will not be able to write on the cover of these, but they will also not fray either like the cardboard cahiers can after a lot of rough use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Winning combination, February 18, 2011
The Moleskine Volant large notebooks are a winning combination. With traditional Moleskine paper (doesn't bleed through with most inks), perfect size to take with you in any situation, unique colors, and the last 16 pages are perforated. I like to keep most of my notes, ideas, thoughts, in my notebooks. Occasionally there is a situation where I need or want to remove a piece of the paper and traditional Moleskine's are impossible to get the paper out neatly. That is why I love using the Volant notebooks. If I need to write a note for someone on the go I have the ability to do so and keep my notebook in perfect working order. I think these notebooks are fabulous and hopefully they meet your needs to. This blue combination is cool because you get 1 notebook in dark blue, almost a deep navy which is great for meetings without being to bright and noticeable. The other notebook is much brighter but still not obnoxious.

I hope this review is helpful to you. Please leave a comment with suggestions on what else would have been good to report in helping you with a purchasing decision. Thanks.

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect writer's notebook, September 20, 2010
Ideal for capturing those ideas that come up in the middle of the afternoon or the middle of the night. Lightweight, durable, and beautifully lined.

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent notebook to write your notes, February 4, 2011
Iliked Moleskine Notebook. These are so good to write your notes, ideas and thoughts. If any new ideas come to my mind, we have to write those notes right away, otherwise we tend to forget them. I keep it in my car so that I can write my notes whenever I have some time and new ideas come to mind. It is very useful and effetcive. It is good size and easy to handle. It can be used for the things to do, reminders and tracking your daily routine things to do like exercise. I use it for reminders for things to buy. I am very happy that I bought these notebooks. It is easy to write when I am in my car. I love to write and it is my habit and hobby and I feel good. I have used many notebooks and moleskine notebook is one my favourite. I recommned others to buy and use it for whatever writing they like to do. Many times, I write the songs which I listen on the radio and like them.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but not Great, September 8, 2012

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice notebook, January 25, 2013
jcharles3 (Huntington Beach, CA) - See all my reviews
This is a great little notebook. It's perfect for documenting my thoughts, haikus, ideas and plans to take over the world. It's the right size - not too big and not too small. I bought it thinking that it had the pocket in the back like the Cahier, but to my surprise it does not. The pocket is handy for articles, other notes, etc. I wonder why they went without it on the Volant? The cover also has a different feel to it than the Cahier. It does have more pages than the Cahier which is great. The Volant gets the job done when a smaller than normal, easy to carry notebook is called for. I would buy this notebook again but I do slightly prefer the Cahier.

4.0 out of 5 stars Love These Notebooks, Except for One Thing, November 11, 2014
I love these notebooks, except for one thing: I wish the paper were a bit heavier.

When I write on a page with a standard gel ink ball point pen, the back of the page is left with an imprint of what I wrote (and I don't press down especially hard when I write). I don't like the way the imprint looks, and it makes the back of the page too bumpy to write on. (The ink does not bleed through, though.)

Other than that, the notebooks are wonderful. Small, with thick covers and narrow-ruled pages. But I'd gladly give up a few of those pages in exchange for heavier paper that I could write on both sides of.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for journalling, June 13, 2013
Beckith (Reedley, CA) - See all my reviews
These Moleskine notebooks are wonderful. The paper is thick, smooth and high quality, and the books stay open for easy journalling. I used mine for writing poetry and I loved them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, December 5, 2009
S. Gottlieb (Washington, DC) - See all my reviews
In the past, at work I had all different sized and shaped notepads, with pages flying out and covers falling off. These moleskins are a great solution to my work notebook problem. Nice, compact, well-made, neat. Excellent!

5.0 out of 5 stars Moleskine Never Fails Me, January 11, 2014
I am a writer and when I need a new notebook, I know I can never go wrong with ANY of the Moleskine notebooks. High quality, excellent bindings, easy to open when writing (some journals have harsher bindings and split or never quite open fully), beautiful paper for writings or sketching and... what can I say? I am a convert and addicted.

I usually get the standard hard cover Moleskines, but for some projects get the Volant, which is really just a soft cover version of the same with slightly different paper. Even the Cashier Journals rock for what they are.

If you are wondering whether or not the Moleskines are worth the extra money, the answer is simple... YES.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›