5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful and well-made cat furniture
Molly and Friends cat tree is such a great product. I have been looking around my area for cat trees and most of them look like they were manufactured with cheap-looking materials or were poorly constructed. I read some reviews about Molly and Friends products on Amazon, and I thought I would try it for my little kitten. It was a great purchase!

Although the...
Published on August 3, 2008 by Savvy Student

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality carpeting
Published 15 months ago by finkatt

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful and well-made cat furniture, August 3, 2008
Savvy Student (Walnut Creek, CA, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Molly and Friends "Simple Sleeper" Premium Handmade 2-Tier Cat Tree with Sisal, Model 23, Beige, Colors May Vary (Misc.)

Although the box it was delivered in was gigantic, I was glad that the furniture was already put together. It is very sturdy and has a large base that does not wobble. Before I got the product entirely out the box, my kitten was already jumping and playing with it!

Here are some things, in particular, I really like about this cat tree:
1) The carpet that the product is made of is very attractive looking. It doesn't look like some cheap wood shop project that most major pet stores pawn off.
2)For its price, the cat tree is a very good value considering its nice construction, and design
3)The built-in sisal rope scratching post is a nice feature. It eliminates the need to buy a separate scratching post for kitty.
4) All the tiers are exposed, so kitty won't feel claustrophobic.

I highly recommend this product for someone who is looking for a premium quality, attractive cat tree.

UPDATE: 1/2/2012
Kitten has turned into a large cat now (he's a Ragdoll breed which can tip the scales at 15-20 lbs. Luckily my boy is at the 15lb. mark). He still LOVES this cat tree. He hops on and off the tree calmly and wildly, depending on his mood, and the tree always remains stable. In spite of cat's "ginormous" size, he can still fit comfortably on both tiers. If this product ever breaks (which I don't think it will), this would be a MUST HAVE re-purchase. People who visit the house comment on how nice the "carpeting" on the tree looks. Overall, I am so pleased I purchased this product as the money was well spent.

5.0 out of 5 stars My cat tree is now 7 years old - very sturdy!, October 18, 2007
I've now owned this 7 years and it's still in great condition. I did replace the sisal rope recently on the tall post but that was easy to do with a roll of sisal rope and a heavy-duty staple gun from Lowes.
****************
All 3 of my cats (one a large Maine Coon) can can be playing on this and it doesn't even wobble. The sisal scratching post is just the right height for a cat to really stretch out while scratching. My former feral cat likes to climb the sisal post like she's climbing a tree. One small complaint but it shows the sturdiness of this cat tree: when it arrived the box it shipped in had fallen apart, yet the cat tree had no damage from shipping. The UPS man had me examine the contents before he left so I could have easily refused shipment if it was damaged. Molly & Friends is a great company that builds quality cat furniture.

5.0 out of 5 stars Molly and Friends is the BEST!, July 16, 2008
This cat tree came yesterday along with another Molly and Friends larger tree. Both are wonderful. All assembled and the shipping boxes were intact. The products are sturdy and nice looking. Much, much better than any products I've seen for sale at our local Petsmart or Petco. The beige carpet is excellent quality and the sisal poles are long enough for the cats to get a good stretch. I'me very pleased with these products.

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality carpeting, August 19, 2013
I chose the Molly and Friends "Simple Sleeper" because it was described as sturdy and of good quality, and it would fit in a favorite lookout spot for my cat. It's true that the cat tree is sturdy, no problem there. But the carpet is really thin and of the cheapest possible quality. My cat is already pulling out the thin nylon fibers and I'm now using a blanket on the top perch to keep him from shredding it. I have several cat trees, one that's been used by five different cats since 1993 and it's still in excellent shape. My cats have all used it to stretch and scratch and the carpeting looks good and is still intact. I was expecting the same quality --- I'm very disappointed. My cat doesn't use the same criteria, he likes his new lookout. He's used it for two weeks now, and I expect the carpeting will need to be replaced before long, no matter how I try to work around the inevitable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Molly and Friends Premium Handmade 2-Tier Cat Tree with Sisal, Model 23, January 17, 2011
Very well made product. Heavy enough to stay upright and handles my 20lb Maine Coon easily on either level. The cats love it and play and sleep on it all the time. Comes fully assembled and the price on Amazon was the lowest around with shipping. American made quality item.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great unit for multiple cats, August 31, 2007
Art Corvelet "BSC" (Perry Hall, MD United States) - See all my reviews
My 4 cats have really taken to this furniture. It's sturdy and very well made. It blends into any room since the color is neutral. My cats love the bed on top and the cradle section. Plus this comes with a nice size scratching post. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars my cats & I love it, October 9, 2008
P. J. Doerrer (Portland, Maine) - See all my reviews
My cats took to it immediately. The height is perfect for them to watch out the window or curl up & sleep in the sun coming in the window. The height of the sisal post is just right for them to really stretch out when they use it. Great buy!

2.0 out of 5 stars Not a Premium product, August 28, 2011
We have had this cat tree for almost a month. The box was beat up when it arrived but fortunately no damage to the tree. It was nice that it was assembled. Those are the good things. The sisal is pulling away from the tall post and the cats are tearing the carpet up. The shorter pole is covered in carpet and my one cat has already stripped the carpet from one side of it. It looks nice, is a good height, very sturdy, and the cats like sleeping in it but definitely poor quality workmanship and and material. I'm very disappointed after spending over $130. My cheap faux fur cat tree is in better shape after three years.

3.0 out of 5 stars cat furniture, February 2, 2010
Well made, solid, but not appreciably better than similar stuff in pet stores at similar or lower prices Would have preferred better quality, more tightly woven carpeting. The scratch post rope is loose in a couple of places (probably came that way) and my 5 month old kitten hasn't even learned to use it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than expected!, December 21, 2007
R.H.M. (Spring Hill, Florida) - See all my reviews
I researched a lot of cat furniture and selected this one based on the reviews (and color). This item shipped very fast and came fully assembled. The box looked like it took a beating, but the furniture was just fine inside. I'd rather that then have to assemble it myself. It is a great neutral color and very sturdy. My two cats were on it immediately and have rarely left it since. I was going to get the item with just the taller of the two perches, but I'm so glad I chose this one. Both of my cats play and sleep together on it. I highly recommend this item and definitely this brand.