5.0 out of 5 stars A Wonderful Training Volleyball for Beginning Players
My daughters (ages 6 and 3) attended volleyball camp at a local university, and this is the volleyball they used for the small children. It is lighter weight than a normal volleyball, and has a soft fabric cover. This is not an outdoor volleyball, and would become easily soiled if used out-of-doors.

This volleyball is perfect for young beginners. Standard...
Published on March 11, 2011 by Glamazonmom

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed
Liked the volleyball when I got it, but after about a week and about 2 or 3 uses, the fabric outer covering started separating at the seam. Within a few days the entire seam on one side of the ball opened up. Don't know if this is an isolated case or if these balls just aren't durable.
Published on August 22, 2010 by canes11

5.0 out of 5 stars A Wonderful Training Volleyball for Beginning Players, March 11, 2011
This review is from: Molten First Touch Fabric Youth Volleyball (Misc.)

This volleyball is perfect for young beginners. Standard volleyballs are a bit too hard and heavy for the little ones' arms. Some use balloons to train young children, but a balloon really feels nothing like a volleyball. This is the perfect compromise. Our daughters love to 'bump, set, spike!' and look forward to graduating to a 'real' volleyball. If you have youngsters you are looking to get interested in volleyball, this is the perfect purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Much, tougher than they feel!, August 4, 2013
The main negative i heard about these was their durability so i'll just state some facts and leave it that that. I purchased 4 or them for my 5-6 year old team.

1.) They're labeled "for indoor use only", but we only practice outdoors on a hard dirt/grass surface two hours a day three days a week.
2.) The only time they've been inflated was when i took them out of the box. None of the 4 have lost any noticable air pressure.
3.) My girls are kinder & 1st graders so they kick them, sit on them, and do everything to them that i yell at them NOT to do.
4.) None of the 4 balls have tears in their cloth covers or any noticable wear on the seams.

I regularly lend them out to my girls so they can practice at home, so who knows what they do to them there! I expected them to only last one season but it looks like i'll be deflating them and packing them up for next year. Like i said, they're a lot tougher than they feel.

5.0 out of 5 stars Future volleyball players, November 13, 2012
I bought this for my kids because my volleyballs were making their arms red. They love playing with this ball, they are 4 and 7 and both are passing well?

5.0 out of 5 stars Ordered one for our famliy because we loved our neighbor's so much!, September 3, 2011
My neighbor is a HUGE Volleyball fan and is a great friend of one of our local HS Volleyball coaches. His coaching friend gave him a 2.5 ounce version of this ball and we play with them all the time in their back yard. Over the past 5 years we have always had to play Volleyball with a beach ball or some other large, soft, light weight ball because our kids couldn't hit a regular Volleyball yet. Because of this their play (and mine) was very sloppy. This ball is perfect because elementary age children are able to learn proper Volleyball technique, control the ball (and of course avoid jammed fingers and bruised forearms!).

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, August 22, 2010

5.0 out of 5 stars very good balk for kids, June 18, 2014
If you are looking for a ball to train kids then this is a very good ball. It is light and has the right size.

5.0 out of 5 stars Light, excellent for young children learning to play volleyball, May 18, 2014
Light, excellent for young children learning to play volleyball or even for adults to play non-competitive games in back yard.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great First Volleyball, April 21, 2014
The Molten First Touch is softer than a normal volleyball and is the perfect ball for teaching younger kids the game.

1.0 out of 5 stars What a shame, March 23, 2014
This review is from: Molten First Touch Fabric Youth Volleyball (Misc.)
I am just so frustrated. With Volleyball season over and after a month of trying to remember to buy a needle to pump this sucker up, we finally pumped up this EXPENSIVE volleyball! It has a hole in it, and I'm told I can not return it. What a sad waste of money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Training Volleyball for Young Players, March 20, 2014
Got this for my 8 year old daughter so I can start training her. They are available in 3 weights:
V70 (2.5 oz - players 6 & under)
V140 (5 oz - players 8 & under)
V210 (7.5 oz - players 10 & under)
I got the V210 which turned out perfect for her. My daughter has started to bump the ball very well now.