Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Momentum: Letting Love Lead: Simple Practices for Spiritual Living
Safety Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc CaseLangVeirs The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

Format: Hardcover|Change

on November 21, 2002
No matter what your religious background, Momentum: Letting Love Lead speaks to the heart, the loving that we all share. In simple terms, John-Roger and Paul Kaye guide us through practical steps for moving towards the loving in all our situations - relationships, finances, health concerns and career. I love how the book is easy-to-read; it's like having a friendly chat with spiritual masters who speak to us wherever we are. They speak from their hearts with loving messages of wisdom that we can apply directly and easily in our everyday lives. The teachings of these authors help us to take action to improve our lives with grace and ease. I found that even after reading this book, I can open it up to any page and find a phrase, practice or quote that is absolutely perfect for me, something inspiring and useful that gets me back on track and away from any negative thinking. I know I will read this book and use these simple but powerful practices again and again. Momentum is for anyone of any spiritual belief who wants to learn ways to find more joy and fulfillment in their lives. A great gift for yourself, a great gift for a friend!
on January 12, 2003
The title really says it well. This book really helps get the Momentum of Loving flowing through me. It offers some very simple and extremely practical techniques that I can use at any moment to help me bring my focus back to the peace and loving that I find is always present. I'd say the best aspect of this book is that it gives tools that I can use to experience what the author is talking about. The value is that I can take the information and actually use it to better my life instead of just having something that sounds good. I can't say enough positive things about this book, but the best review of course is the one you write for yourself. So, check it out and find out what Momentum means to you.
on December 30, 2002
Momentum Letting Love Lead is an excellent guide offering natural ways of finding spiritual attunement in a complicated, and often stressful world. The authors, John-Roger and Dr Paul Kaye, offer upliftment in very accessible chapters, the contents well laid out to give time for thought and reflection on the ideas raised. They show how moments of imbalance in health, relationships, career or finances are wake-up calls to opportunities for positive change. This approach makes me feel less a victim of the circumstances I happen to encounter, and more in charge of my personal ship.
Love truly comes off these pages and with it, a feeling of reassurance and a reminder that all is well in my world when I allow myself to relax and observe, instead of stressing and trying to control the uncontrollable around me. The Simple Practices for Spiritual Living refer to conscious breathing, prayer, forgiveness and laughter. These Practices really are simple, doable and very beneficial. My favourite is "I Love This", which I have practised often during my day. Liberating and humourous, it never fails to make me smile and feel light about a difficulty I might be facing, alleviating a sense of pressure that might otherwise be weighing me down.
Momentum is a good read from cover to cover and leads the reader on a process towards discovering greater fulfilment and peace of mind. It is also valuable to dip into at random for a good quote or insight, as the moment calls. The book is attractively spaced with very accessible gems of wisdom. The well-chosen anecdotes and research into health related matters serve to illustrate the authors' themes.
Whether the reader is already on a spiritual path, or seeking direction towards a life of greater ease and fulfilment, Momentum provides a wealth of opportunity to re-connect with the heart and what really matters in our lives.
The Reflections on Loving sections are quotes that come as pauses for reflection between each chapter. The one that was the best for me was the final:
"If the heart sings a song of love, go.
If there is no response or there is doubt, steer clear.
This is your guide.
This is love leading you."
For anyone who wishes to wake up to more loving in their lives, I highly recommend this book.
on March 19, 2003
I am absolutly thrilled with this book. It is jam packed with the best tips and info on how to simply apply Spiritual tools which aren't always easy to get a grasp on. A perfect book for a beginner on a seeking path or an old hand. It is fresh and light and written very clearly and too the point. Its a perfect gift for any one in your life: boss, child, parent or friend...its very helpful and safe for people who might freak out at a book thats TOO "spiritually." I want to give it to everyone...its a real winner. Using your heart to guide you through life...who wouldn't want to learn that?! Thanks to all involved in creating this little gem!
on December 4, 2002
John-Roger and Paul Kaye have written the definitive book on loving and its fundamental role in our lives. This is not a conventional look at a familiar topic, neither is it wordy or esoteric. The authors take us on a simple, joyful journey - via information, powerful quotes and practical exercises - to a state from which we can live "from the inside out", loving fully and deeply not just when things are going well but always.
The book is visually appealing, clearly written and uplifting and I believe that it carries a spiritual message that is particularly powerful and relevant for the world today, a message that we cannot afford to ignore.
on March 20, 2011
I read / studied Momentum a while ago. It has apparently sat there in the back seat of my world until it was needed, namely this past weekend, at which time it came forward "Ta-Da" like that special friend you want to talk to when things are really bad. How it happened for me is this -- I was at a convention, interacting with hundreds of people, some casually, some close up. I found myself more and more just ticked off, annoyed, impatient, righteous, defensive, in other words very reactive and unhappy :( I knew this was not the way I wanted to spend the weekend, or even five minutes really. I was kind of praying about it like "Help!" And the Momentum book came to mind. Especially the part about saying "I love this" even when you don't (consciously) love this, sort of in the vein of "fake it till you make it". I've resisted trying this technique -- up until now. So, I started saying inwardly to myself, "I love it when I'm indignant toward that person. I love it when they criticise me. I love it when I feel really uptight." Etc. Etc. Etc. Son of a gun if pretty soon I didn't start laughing. I won't say I actually did LOVE (the big love, the conscious love, the sentimental love, whatever) the person or the situation, but I was healed of the grumpies in a big way. The situation did not change, but I moved into "play" mode and "game" mode with handling all of it. I am SO THANKFUL. What a great technique (at least for me!) I encourage anyone to read the book and "when the spirit moves you" to try out the techniques in it, and see how they work for you.
on March 26, 2006
I loved this book because it gave me the opportunity to

work with "right now" issues in my life and experience

resolution. This book guides you through a simple yet powerful transformational process. Letting Love Lead is not another "positive thinking" book. It opens a doorway for you

to embrace the most difficult things in your life and

experience new ways of going forward.
on December 23, 2011
This is one of John-Roger's best books, and includes simple and practical down to earth ideas & practices that can easily be implemented into one's life.

Why not work WITH ones current momentum?

John-Rodger will show you how.
on January 9, 2007
Great book very inspirational. It's a Clint Eastwood moment surrounded by the white light angels. "Make my day"
on September 14, 2005
John Roger is an amazing spiritual author with tremendous insight and knowledge. His easy-to-follow approach to everything he discusses is unparalleled, in my opinion. He is truly a gifted writer and I will continue to read his books and teachings.