Momma Rocking Cup with Straw and Dual Handle, Green (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
- Safe and hygienic
- Round ergonomic roly-poly shape
- In and out straw system
- Dishwasher safe
- BPA and phthalate free, 100% polypropylene
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
I just bought one of these and I think I am in love. Finally, a straw sippy the boy can't use to shake juice out onto the carpet! Basically, the soft straw ends in four points that curve together to form a nub-like closure at the end, which operates much like a valve. So, the boy has to bite down on the straw to open it. (I notice another poster disagrees with my description, so I have revised for clarity. It is possible to get liquid out without biting by sucking pretty hard to open the four-point valve, but it's only a tiny dribble compared to what one gets by biting down on the straw. I tried it myself. If the poster's sippy came with a straw that had only an ordinary straw end, either it is defective, or they have dramatically changed the design since I bought mine and Amazon should revise the picture, which still shows the nub-like ending I describe.)
At any rate, if the boy upends the sippy and tries to shake the juice out of the straw, there is not enough pressure on the valve, so it doesn't open and the juice doesn't spill. Genius!! I also like the styling and shape - no matter how carelessly he discards it, it almost always rights itself.
I continue to love this sippy, but I do wish to add: When the pressure balance inside the sippy goes badly off, the liquid inside will bubble up around the interior valve, which is inside the upper part of the cup. So, we have had a few instances of leaking around the top edge of the cup since I posted my review. It's only happened three times - once when the kid left the darn thing in the sun for just ages (and the contents got warm and expanded), and both flights when we took it on a plane trip.Read more ›
1) After trying sippy cups with my son & no success, I decided to try a straw cup. He figured it out right away & loves that he doesn't have to tilt his head back!
2) I also like that it can hold 9oz.
1) The round design doesn't help keep it from tipping over like you would think, it makes it easier to tip over! If you're not careful when you set it down, it'll roll onto it's side. My son loves this because he can sit there & spin it. My husband & I aren't fans because of #2:
2) It leaks. I've tried everything I can think of short of buying some kind of washer for it! It doesn't leak out of the straw, it leaks from around the sides where the top meets the bottom & from where the twisting lid meets the part that the straw attaches to. I didn't expect it to leak so when we packed it (filled with 4oz of juice) in his diaper bag to visit family, I was shocked to find only 2oz left in the cup & the rest soaking into the diaper bag, his spare clothes, extra diapers, etc!!! Now we either us it only at home under close supervision (so we don't end up with juice or milk all over the floor/furniture) or we pack it in a ziploc & carry it out of the diaper bag.
The cons, in my opinion, outway the pros. I'm on the search for a new & better straw cup!
The only problem I have found is that it sometimes leaks, and sometimes it doesn't..weird..but its still great!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I purchased one of these cups it worked at first but after a few weeks it started to leak from bottom. Read morePublished on August 13, 2013 by cup leaks!!!
We're on our third (lost the first, tossed the second). It is, like all cups, a pain in the neck to clean. Read morePublished on December 11, 2011 by Aunty Gabby
I chose this sippy cup because it's super cute, and is made of safer plastic. That's where the good ends. Unfortunately this thing leaks like crazy. Read morePublished on January 21, 2011 by C
I REALLY wanted to love the straw sippys.
I purchased one, and it was love at first sight with my 11 month daughter. Read more
I love this cute design so much. But it leaks as many as my daughter used it. I tried many times to change the strength to tighten up the bottle, but it leaks. Read morePublished on November 16, 2010 by YoKo
My son LOVED this cup!! I do love the way it does NOT leak, however, the price is enough to make me gag. Read morePublished on November 5, 2010 by Kindle Customer
I loved the shape of the bottle and how its spill- free but my 11 month old baby had difficulty sipping in it,,, and the straw hanged color from
Carrot juice and icant find... Read more