- How can I get my baby to sleep through the night?
- Why didn't anyone tell me breastfeeding would be this hard?
- My baby has a fever: Should I call the doctor?
- I read so much conflicting advice about shots--what is best for my baby?
Have you ever asked pregnancy and parenting questions like these? What if you could ask a doctor
for advice? Or another mother? Or better yet a doctor who is also a mother
! The Mommy MD Guide to Your Baby's First Year
does exactly that. It's filled with tips that doctors who are also mothers use for their own families. They're experts--squared!
The second book in our Mommy MD Guides book series, The Mommy MD Guide to Your Babys First Year
, is filled with tips that doctors who are also mothers use for their own families during their babies first years. To create it, we spoke with more than 60 doctors who are also mothers; we call them Mommy MD Guides.
We spoke with many Mommy MD Guides who are still in the trenches with their babies. Some of them were even pregnant when we talked. We also spoke with Mommy MD Guides whose babies are grown up with babies of their own. They are Grammy MD Guides! Combined, these physicians have centuries of experience as doctors, and among them they have 146 children. The 900+ reassuring, trusted, and often even humorous tips in this book are presented in the Mommy MD Guides own words, and each tip is clearly attributed to the doctor who lived it. The Mommy MD Guide to Your Babys First Year
offers tips on both the challenges
and also the celebrations
of parenting. You will discover how Mommy MD Guides made it through pesky parenting challenges such as
- sleep deprivation
- breast feeding difficulty
And you will also learn how they enjoyed wonderful celebrations such as
- their babies first smile
- first steps
- and first birthday.
In addition to more than 900 tips in the book, it features the following three types of sidebars.
Welcome to the Mommy MD Guides!
- When to Call Your Pediatrician sidebars offer critical information of when to seek medical help.
- Mommy MD Guide Recommended Product sidebars feature products that Mommy MD Guides found invaluable, including cost and availability information.
- MomMy Time sidebars suggest ways for moms-to-be to relax, de-stress, and enjoy this amazing, wonderful time in their lives.