5.0 out of 5 stars Easy and Detailed Read for Baby's First Year
Published on March 8, 2012 by brian Kuntz

3.0 out of 5 stars It's okay
I was expecting medical advice, but all it had was just Dr's telling their experiences like they're on the Talk or View. It just wasn't interesting. I didn't bother finishing the book. If Amazon had a preview where you can read bits of the book, I wouldn't have bought it.
Published 18 months ago by MaruMaro

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy and Detailed Read for Baby's First Year, March 8, 2012
This review is from: The Mommy MD Guide to Your Baby's First Year (The Mommy MD Guides) (Paperback)
The Mommy MD Guide to Your Baby's First Year features 70 doctor-moms with over 900 tips to help you navigate the first year of your new child's life! To make it easier on everyone, the book has been broken up into quarters. I think this is wonderful and helps new parents prep themselves for all the upcoming, rapid changes without overstimulating you're already tired, stressed out mind! Just like the pregnancy book, the first year book helps you see the development that is and will be happening each month as well as advice on how to feed, play, and transition your growing baby into toddlerhood!
--Review from Outnumbered3-1.com by Becki

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved this book, October 31, 2013
I received a free copy of this book.

I was so pleased with this book. The way it is written and structured to give you the best information and resources possible makes it a great read for everyone. I highly recommend it and the other books in the collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars A MUST-HAVE for new parents!, July 10, 2013
You likely already know this book is full of tips, but the part I love best is their are different tips for each topic. Many of the parenting books only list one or two suggestions, but the Mommy MD Guide's give you all kinds of expert advice, that is not available in any other books. Every child is different, and this book gives tips to cover just about everything for every child. This is now on my baby shower gift list for all new parents! A wonderful resource to return to again and again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book for New and Old parents!, June 11, 2013
Being a parent for the first time, or even again after a few years can bring up a lot of questions. Even starting at the hospital, like why do they do the newborn screen? What all do I really NEED to have to help me do what's best for my baby?

Everyone knows all the questions that go through every new parents head when their little one comes into this world.
The Mommy MD Guide is great! You can read it cover to cover. It goes along on a month by month basis, so you know what to expect and don't have to worry so much if there are questions you want answered.

This book has tips that 70 different doctors who are also mothers. This book has a contents section in the front of the book to help you if you are trying to find a certain section. Also has an index in the back for the same reason. We all know when there is something wrong you want to figure it out as fast as possible, and it can be very frustrating to not be able to find information fast. This book has been made so you can either use it as a quick reference or just read the book cover to cover.

I am so happy I will be able to use this for the next year to help me with all my questions about my little man!

5.0 out of 5 stars Indispensible resource!, March 6, 2013
With tips from seventy physicians who are mothers, this book is a must-have for any new parent. Truly, you can’t ask for a better expert than a mother who is a physician.

Whether you are a first-time parent or an experienced one, this book is an excellent reference. Not only does it include the conventional canon of information, it covers a very wide range of questions and concerns that no other book addresses in one volume, for example, from “Adjusting Your Insurance Policies” to “Getting Back Into Shape” to "Coping with Colic” to “Monitoring TV Time”, which deal with a family’s needs and a mom’s needs. Another example of a topic that could help you immeasurably is “Watching for Signs of Asthma”—something almost no one explains to a parent.

The shared wisdom in this book is priceless. My favorite special feature is “When to Call Your Doctor” because there are times when mothers hesitate and should not.

Along with the “Rallie’s Tips” feature, the variety of wise yet friendly contributors’ voices in this book make it an easy read. The thoroughness and breadth of the topics make this book indispensible. Do yourself and your baby a favor. Read this book and keep it handy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wish I had had this when my first baby came., January 10, 2013
When I had my daughter all of my ideas of beautiful babies and the perfect motherhood went out the window. It was a super hot summer and she cried all the time. I didn't have enough breast milk to feed her so I had to switch to formula, the list goes on and on. I wish I had had the Mommy MD Guide to Your Baby's First Year to refer to.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic and Down-to-Earth, December 19, 2012
Kids get sick. It's a fact of life. Walk into any bookstore, and you see a hundred books filled with gimmicks, and, sometimes, bad advice. Mommy MD Guide's Your Baby's First Year has taken over as the "go-to" book for all maladies our daughter has (or may have) because it's straight talk right from the experts. Its layout is well-organized, and the information there-in is never panic-inducing.

As a father of 2, I'd highly recommend this book for anyone who says "Well, it seems like a cold, but..." Mommy MD Guides assuage your fears, and give you a clear path to getting your kid all better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for all moms, December 13, 2012
I really like how easy this book is to read. The chapters are broken down by month and under each month there are likely topics that would come up that month. But the way the book is written you could skip around if something comes up in your life and is not address in the same month. Each chapter begins with your baby's development, taking care of you, and justification for a celebration. Then it goes into individual topics per month. Throughout the book there are Rallie's Tips where Rallie McAllister one of the authors of this book shares a personal experience and tip. Another thing that is found throughout the book is Mommy MD Guides - Recommended product. This is where they recommend a great product that they like because they have used it and it worked great for them.

Even after being a mom for the second time I find it hard to always know when is it good to call the doctor and when can it wait. Every mom needs to remember to take some time for themselves because you know we all give so much to our children and family and there is not enough left for us so there are MomMy Time tips through the book to suggest ways for mom to relax and de-stress.

The book is fun to read with so many great tips without judgement. The doctors do not all agree on every topic, but share their views and how they handled each situation. This is a book that I will refer to for the next year I'm sure.

5.0 out of 5 stars Actually this is by my mother, December 5, 2012
And, in the interests of full disclosure, Jennifer's grandmother. JBR is my niece. We are immensely proud of her.

Her Grammy Trudy says:

This book is not just a "read-through once": you'll find yourself going back to the index for various unfamiliar situations. But, as a great-grandmother, I love the Recommended Products sections, to become aware of all the changes since my boys (she means me <56> and my brother Dan <48? No, impossible!> - Doug M) came along, in 1956 and 1964.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must Get Book!!!!, October 16, 2012
As a first time mom, my husband and I have found the Mommy MD Guides to be extremely helpful, reliable and reassuring. Throughout my pregnancy I read the Mommy MD Guide to pregnancy and birth. It helped me understand what my baby and body were going through in an easy-to-read format. It also helped prepare me to make decisions well before I needed to. I was thrilled when I got the Mommy MD Guide for the baby's first year. It is written in the same easy-to-read format. I read the next chapter each month as my daughter grows. My husband and I find the information to be so useful and thorough that we often don't have any questions or concerns when we get to the baby's well check appointments. I am a natural worrier and reading the excerpts from actual doctors makes me feel confident and, honestly, less neurotic because they detail how they have gone through some of the things we have gone through with our baby. I recommend this book to any parent with a new baby, and have recommended it to my friends at our storybook class.

The Mommy MD Guide to Your Baby's First Year (The Mommy MD Guides)
The Mommy MD Guide to Your Baby's First Year (The Mommy MD Guides) by Jennifer Bright Reich (Paperback - September 15, 2011)
$17.95 $15.65