Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Mommy MD Guide to the Toddler Years: More than 900 tips that 63 doctors who are also mothers use during their children's toddler years (Mommy MD Guides)
Safety Month BOTMKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Eli Paperboy The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on January 30, 2013
I am a parent of a 4 year old & I have been through the toddler years. In this book I found very helpful advice for situations that I had gone through with my daughter. Lots of books of this type can be dry, boring and preachy but this one was none of those things. I really enjoyed reading it. I would recommend this to anyone that is expecting or know someone that is.
on September 3, 2013
The joys of motherhood are truly a blessing. The love that a mother shares for her children is never ending. I'm almost willing to bet that almost every mother has experienced the "What ifs" and "What do I do's" at least once in their early motherhood stages. From the moment you being to announce your pregnancy you will begin to get advice on all of the questions that your brain begins to ask (there will be tons! I promise).
With all of the books and how to's out there my advice is to find one that suits you and to always listen to your gut. Trust me the "mother" in you will go on auto-pilot once you give birth and will never cease to exist from that point on. I was actually shocked at the things I did as if they were natural to me after my first son was born. Throughout my oldest son's younger years I had several books that I constantly found myself turning to for extra advice; it was really nice to have.
By the time I gave birth to my second child I had all of the basics down pat however raising an infant and a toddler in the terrible-twos stage was not an easy task yet now I have a young man and my second child is going through the horrific terrible-twos. The saying "Every child is different" definitely rings true with my boys; my oldest was decent and not that bad during this stage however my youngest WOW! He is definitely a handful nowadays.
Recently we were contacted by Momosa Publishing to review their book "The mommy MD Guide to the Toddler Years". This book contains tips that 62 Dr.'s who are also mothers use during their children's toddler years. After reading quite a bit of the book there were several categories that really struck home with me however I will provide samples of only two.

Toddler Proofing-
This chapter has tons and tons of tips that help you in the never ending task of toddler proofing your home and the many corners of it. Even they admit that it's literally impossible to completely proof your home however there are quite a few things you can do to prevent the many booboo's.
Example:
Toddler proofing the living areas;
"We have a piano and my daughter was drawn to that like a magnet, I was afraid that she'd climb up onto the bench, fall off and hit her head on a sharp corner. I wrapped my pregnancy snoogle pillow around the bench to deter my daughter from climbing up on it. - Rachel S. Rohde M.D.

Celebrating and having fun-
This chapter covers the fun in life such as birthday parties, Holidays and other fun events.
Example:
When my sons were toddlers we had family parties to celebrate birthdays. When kids are two and three years old, I don't they need to have elaborate parties with ponies.
- Heather Orman -Lubelle MD , a mom of 11 & 7 year old sons and a pediatrician in private practice at Yardley Pediatrics of St. Christopher's Hospital for children in Pennsylvania.

Every single page in this book is full of information that ALL parents should know, dads included.

Rallie McAllister, MD, MPH, and Jennifer Bright Reich launched Momosa Publishing LLC in 2009 to publish websites and books featuring tips that Mommy MD Guides (doctors who are also mothers) use for their own families. We publish [...] and The Mommy MD Guides book series.

Please read the full review here: [...] and enter for your chance to win a copy!!

The Mommy MD Guide to the Toddler Years (Mommy MD Guides)
on April 1, 2013
Toddlers are absolutely amazing people. They are sprouting roots right before our eyes. They are gaining their own personalities and learning new things, the Mommy MD Guide to the Toddler Years is an amazing book to help your little one on their journey to becoming independent people who learn to do new things on their own (with Mommy's help of course!).

The first thing on the Mommy MD Guide list is growing. Just as we did with our newborns who turned into rapidly growing babies, we monitor their growth. This chapter tells how much your toddler should be growing in pounds, head circumference, and even noting how the baby face disappears (aww!).

You must know that during these years they begin to mimic and watch everything mommy (and daddy) says and does. You are their main stream for information and learning. So get down on the floor and play with them before they grow out of that Mommy play with me stage!

This book is filled with tons of beautifully gifted information that only other mothers (and it helps that they are doctors as well) would know! This book shows that no two people (including toddlers) are the same. Whether it be on a learning rate, growth rate, or eating rate.. Just make sure that they are developing at their own levels.

This book has the information parts that continue with the personal parts. It's really like a few friends writing you emails (or letters) with updated information on their toddlers. It really helps that it is written in such a "journal-type" format. It really is interesting to read.

It isn't just some "OTHER" parenting book that you may or may not read, that will sit at your bedside or on your bookshelf collecting dust. This is a break-open WANT to read. It's like reading a parenting magazine! Insightful, fun, and personal!
on January 17, 2013
The The Mommy MD Guide to the Toddler Years by Rallie McAllister and Jennifer Bright Reich is a handy parenting book, filled with 900 tips from 62 Doctors that are Mothers use during their children's toddler years.

The book is full of useful information and tips from professionals that also happen to be moms. The book covers several broad topics that moms will find useful, like Growth and Development, Food and Nutrition, Health and Safety, Bathing and Grooming, Emotional Health and Discipline, Learning and Fun, and Sleep. Within each of these broader categories, they touch on many more detailed areas, such as growing, walking, talking, trying new foods, choosing organic foods, and making meals a family affair to name a few. They don't pass out an instruction manual when you have a baby, and they definitely don't give you one when your baby becomes a toddler, but this guide is the next best thing.

While it has been many years since I have had to deal with the day to day demands of parenting a toddler, I still remember the challenge of it. I both loved and dreaded the toddler years with all of my six children. I remember all the tantrums, teething issues, potty training, joy, excitement, sparks of real understanding (in the children and myself), huge language growth, etc. with fondness. Having stated, with the utmost honesty, that I absolutely adored the toddlers years with my children, is generally met with astonishment, but it is true.

Whether it was because they could communicate with real words, or the fact that their minds are just so agile and they learn, grow and change so quickly, and still remain relatively compliant, or because I recently survived the teenage years with my children and am looking back fondly at a time when I wasn't the enemy, I'm not exactly sure. I just know that I absolutely loved those years. Regardless of why I loved those years with my children, I do wish I had had a handbook of such great tips to look over when they were toddlers. I do remember having many questions and concerns and a book like this would have come in handy.

If you or a family member is pregnant or has a baby right now, do yourself or them a favor and run out and buy a copy of this Guide! I'm positive it's a book they'll go back to over and over again. It's full of advice on topics all moms have had and even some that we've never even thought of. I'm so thankful that I was given the offer to review this book and will be gifting it to my daughter who will be facing the toddler years with our first grandson very soon.

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the Publisher or Author. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.
on November 10, 2012
A friend (who is a Mommy and an MD) suggested I check this book out and I'm glad I did. I started flipping to the sections that were relevant to my toddler's current behavior challenges. Even though I have 3 boys, each one presents unique challenges. I liked the format of the book as I read through it. The advice from different Mommy MDs was presented in a way that felt like I was at a party or a playdate listening to moms share advice. I could pick and choose what I agreed with. There were things I didn't agree with (someone suggested using chores as punishment for bad behavior) and lots of stuff I did agree with (lots of hugging and kissing even older toddlers!). There were things I knew, like modeling good behavior is more effective than just telling kids to be good, but there were things I didn't know-it takes up to 3 weeks for the effects of a new discipline strategy to really show in a child's behavior!! There was a big section on maintaining healthy relationships with other members of the family that I liked and lots of the Mommy MDs are runners like me so that section felt like I was chatting with old friends. Perhaps the most significant section for me was the part about constipation. My five year old is not a toddler but he has struggled with this for years. We've tried many ways to make the whole process easier for him but basically Miralax is the most reliable solution...until this book mentioned Orange Essence Sunsweet Prunes. Now, I can get my 5 year old to eat 1 prune with a tiny bit of convincing. But I searched for the Orange Prunes at the store today, found them, chopped them a bit smaller (also a suggestion in this book) and served them up. He LOVED them. Het ate 5!!! I am so excited because I feel this is great option to help increase his fiber and ease his tummy troubles. This tip alone has already made my life easier!!! I can tell there are going to be many other helpful pieces of advice I will discover in this book for all my children, toddlers or not!!"
on July 22, 2013
I love the tips about taking care of yourself. It's vital as mommies to do this, so we are better equipped to take care of our babies who rely on us so much. I also am so happy with the celebration part of each section. Our children are growing rapidly and it's so important to take the tips and celebrate the little things in this crazy, rushed world we are living in today. Getting tips from other moms is amazing to me. It's sort of like knowing I'm not alone when sometimes as a mom you feel like you are. I also really like the product suggestion sections. I've only heard of just a couple of the brands mentioned in the book, so it was fun learning about other products. It was also really important to me to learn about when the doctors think I should call the doctor. You never want to be one of those over obsessive parents who call the doctor every time your baby bumps her head, so it was vital to me to know these things.
on January 30, 2013
Mommy MD Guides are the guidebooks many mothers have been wishing for. I'm so impressed by the shear volume of useful information - information I wish I had when my little ones were toddlers! My daughter will have a toddler on her hands in a few short months and you can trust me she will be getting a copy of this fantastic guide.

It so much more than a book, it is a real resource. Inside there are more than 900 tips from 62 doctors- 900! It is broken up into seven parts for ease of use, and really laid out nicely making is very user friendly. The seven parts are: growth and development, food and nutrition, health and safety, bathing and grooming, emotional health and discipline, learning and fun, and sleep.

I recommend this if you are pregnant, or a mommy, or maybe you know someone who is, these guides are marvelous tools to help with all of the questions and uncertainties, so that you can relax and enjoy the joys of motherhood.
on June 16, 2016
I have previously read the other Mommy MD Guides and this one is just as helpful as the others. I have a three and a half year old and a one year old. I would definitely recommend this book if you have a toddler, and a lot of the tips pertained to both of my kids. I was especially interested in the weaning off bottle and potty training tips. Like the first two books, this one offers many points of views on the same subject, so you can get tons of ideas. I could not think of an area that is not covered here. It has a great table of contents so you could quickly scan for the subject you are looking for. It is excellently written and I love the idea of asking many different doctor/mothers their thoughts and advice.
on June 23, 2013
What a relief for a busy Mom to be able to pick up this book -- literally, on any page -- and find real-world, expert advice for this challenging stage of parenting. The authors know that there may be several "right" answers to any parenting dilemma, and have respectfully listed all the approaches of these expert/Moms. Take your pick, depending on your situation -- and your family. I love that even pediatricians have varying suggestions -- this reflects the fact that there is no "one-size fits all" parenting approach. Real families -- and real children -- need a thoughtful, customized approach, and this book allows for that. I look forward to reading more in the series! Highly recommended.
on December 4, 2012
The Mommy MD Guide to the Toddler Years is a welcome and wonderful addition to any parenting library! This is the real scoop on the real issues moms of toddlers face. It's much like gathering your closest friends and asking them for help with your toddler parenting dilemmas--IF your closest friends were all trained doctors and experienced moms! This book contains great information not easily found elsewhere--the toddler-proofing chapter in itself is worth the price of the book. I also love that it covers the full gamut of the toddler parenting experience--from earaches and allergies to tantrums and whining, to encouraging sibling peace to playdates and family vacations.