Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports

on November 18, 2010
I should have listened to the reviews. Half said it didn't work right and they were right. Even called the business and told the owner about the reviews and he dismissed them as over reacting. I should have known better. I tried it at my home first and got mixed results. Went off within 20 feet then 40 feet. The reviews said walls or objects may interfere so I took it with me to a flea market. My child was not more than 5 feet away, nothing in between us and it was going off like crazy. BEYOND annoying and embarrassing. If anything go with the cheaper version that you can set off the alarm when your child is out of your view but this is an ABSOLUTE waste of money. Sent it back to Amazon and they refunded my money. LOVE Amazon!
on April 19, 2009
Used this locator for our two toddlers during our trip to Mexico. It was supposed to beep if the child is 35 feet away, but it was constantly going off, even when one of them was only a few feet away. Positives are that it did go off when you wanted it to which helped you locate your child. But the constant beeping wasn't worth it.
on June 30, 2009
I found this product to work exaclty as promised. It was ideal for my smallest child and alerted my as soon as she was beyond the range. Even though the range seemed to vary a little it was nice to know she could never get too far. With my older son I got the brown bear since it works more like a locator device. So he can roam a little further and if I notice he is out of sight I can press the button and hear him. I love them both and think I have found the right mix of products for my kids.
on May 14, 2009
Disappointed, we returned this unit for a refund. We bought this unit hoping it would alert us if our toddler strayed too far. While it does so effectively we received numerous false alarms even when our child was only a few feet away. On one outing the false alarms became so frequent that we turned the unit off.

This product is a great idea that with some tweaking could be very useful. We're hoping to see an improved version.
on June 20, 2015
Saw a few bad reviews but took chance and im happy... I am very safety aware.. im retired cop.. and now that im old and grandpa this gives me a bit more comfort when take toddler geandkids to zoo.. or other busy areas.. still need to do our job responsible adults but nice aid.
on June 22, 2013
I use it on my 4 year old at festivals, malls or anywhere it's very crowded. I'm afraid of him being stolen. It's loud. Sometimes annoying that it'll sound off repeatedly when he's standing next to me. I put my own (keyring type) clip. The Velcro fastener that comes with it isn't very secure or strong. I believe it'll work to deter any kidnapper since its loud. I haven't had this scare. But when we're out, he sometimes walks way ahead of me. I'll push the alarm, his portion of the device begins to beep, and like clock-work he comes running back.
on June 30, 2011
I bought this little bear a while ago and I loved it. I recommended it to my friends and they bought it and loved it too. I didn't have the "annoying" problem of the "alert feature" as described in other reviews. I guess the bear they bought was an older version and obviously the company revised it and improved it.

Unlike the "locate feature" which delivers a very high pitched alarm when activated (that's what the feature is supposed to do), the "alert feature" is not loud at all, it's a kind of "BB" sound more like your old pager. And if you don't like it, you can turn the transmitter off and thus deactivate the "alert feature", but keep the little bear turned on. So when you need to activate the "locate feature", you can simply turn on the transmitter and press the button and there goes your alarm. This is the extra feature you get from this little blue bear. It's definitely a deal at today's price. (I bought it at its full price last year.)

If your baby is young and does not roam very far, this blue bear can grow with him/her. If your kid is big, I'd say buy the pink or brown bear locator. The bear seems durable and we are still using it without any problems.
on January 15, 2015
Worked very well. After ~10 days of fairly intensive use (maybe 10 hours per day), the receiver (the bear) started beeping to signal that it was running out of battery. It kept doing that but it still held up for the full 14 days that I needed it.

The only problem I had was that the little bear turned black in the spots where it made contact with the pouch that I used to secure it to my child's waist. The finish on the unit is some sort of rubbery plastic coating. Feels nice but it will get dirty pretty easily as I said; I tried cleaning it but it didn't work. Not a big deal, I'm more interested in the thing performing its function and it did (I tested it every day a couple times to make sure).

I opted for this product instead of the fancy Bluetooth tags that you track with your phone because I didn't want to depend on things like someone else having to download the app if I want to hand over the role, or phone batteries running out, or bugs in the app, etc. This thing is simple: does one thing and it does it very well so I'm glad I made that decision.
on January 16, 2011
We bought this product for a child who sleep walks. It had he new feature that alerted you when the child got more than 20 ft away. It sounded perfect. We set it up exactly how the minimal directions said. It would work for for about an hour, then it would just go off when it was right next to her. We were on Vacation (which is why we bought it) and we had her sleeping in our room for safety reasons. It continued to keep going off when she was right next to us. We even tried it the next night again and tested it on distance. The 1st time it went off at around 25 ft, the second time it went off at about 50ft and the 3rd time it didn't go off at all, I was all the way outside at the end of the driveway and nothing. the New Alert Feature just didn't work! I would not recommend it for this purpose.
on July 1, 2012
I used it just for ~5 hours, and it gave me ~30 false alarms. It beeped even when my kid was right next to me. It was very, very annoying.

I really should have bought the cl-103 model instead, because the "locator alarm" is the only feature I really need, and this feature worked perfectly. One reviewer said we could turn off the "alert" feature if there were too many false alarm. That was the main reason I decided to give this model a try despite the bad reviews. But turned out that statement was not totally correct! Yes, you can turn off the parent unit to avoid false alarms, and turn it on only when you need to use the "alarm" feature, but I believe it works only if no one else is using a "Mommy I'm Here" locator within 150 feet. Here is why I said that.

When you turn on both parent and child unit, you will need to bring them next to each other and pair them up. If you turn on the parent unit only if your child is missing, you will still need to pair up the two units at startup. I was using this locator in a carnival. The chance of having another child locator unit within 150 feet is not low. What will happen if another child locator is closer than my kid's one? I don't know, but I doubt this inexpensive units can handle data collision in this case. Will the two units still pair up when they are > 100 feet away? I don't know. Will I take my chance and turn on the parent unit only when needed? Of course not!

Note that the child unit is not small. It's too big to attach to my 4-years-old's shoe.

Now I need to look for another child locator. I may go for Loc8tor PLUS Locator Plus - Pet Handheld Pet Finder | Pet Locator | Lost Item Finder. It's rather expensive, but based on the reviews it is a much better unit.