Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Look Park Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

Size: 1-Pack of 36|Color: White|Change
Price:$2.99+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on December 12, 2007
What I like the most about these is also what I like the least. They are extremely difficult to get out once put in. (Especially a NEW outlet) That's good if you have an extremely craftly little tot who can get into anything. Hard for Mom when you want to plug in the vacuum.
0Comment| 121 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 21, 2010
I had purchased a number of "fancy" outlet plugs. Many claiming to make it hard for a toddler to get out but easy for an adult to. My one-year old figured them all out and I was getting frustrated. Mommy's Helper Outlet Plugs resolved that frustration. It is actually hard for my child to remove them from sockets and while it takes more effort for me to remove them, I rather that than my child be electrocuted. Did I mention they are alot cheaper than the "fancy" alternatives?
on June 6, 2012
These are tight and it takes a push to plug them in and a nail or key to take them out.
As soon my 17 months old son realized that there is something cool in the wall he was able to take Safety1 plugs out, and kept bringing to me as a trophy;) So far he didn't bring Mommy's Helper yet;)
on January 21, 2014
36 plastic plugs for a couple of dollars. Hard to complain about that.

Besides protecting kids and pets, these are useful for covering up outlets to minimize drafts and prevent fires.

Pros:
++ Nice tight fit. * Probably difficult to remove from typical outlets *
++ Clear, not too noticeable.
+ Lots of plugs.

Cons:
!! Easy to remove from my style outlets (See my photo).
! Clear, difficult to see on the ground. Small enough for a pet or child to put in their mouth.
= Lots of extras left over. Have to store the extras in a secure location.

The Short Story:
These are cheap and plentiful. I don't remember sticking my finger into an outlet, but maybe your kid or pet will.
review image review image
on January 9, 2008
Any type of these work well, really. I've yet to see either of my children pick them off. Though they are kind of hard to get off yourself when you get to get to the outlet.
on April 1, 2015
These work as intended when you first use them. Depending on the toddler, they begin picking at them when you aren't watching and before you know it they can wiggle it loose a bit. I was able to get around that by plastering tape over it so my toddler was stopped completely on the outlet. Then something unexpected to me happened. These little suckers started to melt inside the outlet they are plugged into! Now I get to hire an electrician to rewire the melted mess on the inside. Bet the "smarties" that made these didn't consider that.
on February 1, 2013
My 16 month old was able to easily remove these from the outlet. They are cheap and flimsy - go with something stronger. Worst of all, they will provide a false sense of security.
on February 2, 2012
I was debating between these and the spring loaded ones. Glad i saved the money and went with these...they're hard for little fingers to get out (she tried once, failed, and lost interest -- story of my life, right?) but i haven't had a problem either using plug prongs or my fingernails to remove them.

I use these in every room of the house except her bedroom, where i sprung for the spring-loaded ones (ha - see what i did there?). I figure when she's done with her crib and is wandering around the room when she should be sleeping, she'll have more time to figure out how to remove the little plastic ones.

Point: Worth the money for the more-often-than-not supervised parts of the home.
on June 10, 2016
We had these installed in all of our outlets because we have a very inquisitive one year old granddaughter. We wanted to keep her safe and not risk her getting shocked or worse.

There were plenty of outlet plugs in the package; I believe 36 total. They fit the outlets pretty well. Unfortunately, my one year old granddaughter figured out how to pull them out after watching us pull them out a few times. I have replaced all of these outlet plugs within her reach. I still have them in the locations she can't get to such as behind furniture and high wall outlets.

Also, I did misplace a few of them when I went to vacuum and that worried me. I didn't worry about a choking hazard as they are pretty large. I just worried about us misplacing or forgetting to replace the plugs and then her coming over and getting hurt.

I just won't risk her safety so don't really recommend these.

I pride myself on being honest and providing as much detail and information as I can based on my experience with the product. Remember, this is only my opinion and others may have different findings and opinions. If you find this review helpful, please click on the Yes button below.
on June 6, 2015
Our 9-month-old son figured out how to pull these out within 48 hours and almost choked on it. He hasn't even mastered pincer grasp yet, so that gives you an idea of how easily these things come out. None of our sockets are loose either. I'm so glad I noticed the drool and the weird look on his face, because he fit the entire plug inside his mouth.