Featured Recipe: Corn Cookies
Yield 13 to 15 cookies
- 16 tablespoons or 2 sticks (225 g) butter, at room temperature
- 1-1/2 cups (300 g) sugar
- 1 egg
- 1-1⁄3 cups (225 g) flour
- 1/4 cup (45 g) corn flour
- 2/3 cup (65 g) freeze-dried corn powder
- 3/4 teaspoon (3 g) baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.5 g) baking soda
- 1-1/2 teaspoons (6 g) kosher salt
- Combine the butter and sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment and cream together on medium-high for 2 to 3 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the bowl, add the egg, and beat for 7 to 8 minutes.
- Reduce the mixer speed to low and add the flour, corn flour, corn powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix just until the dough comes together, no longer than 1 minute. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Using a 2 3/4-ounce ice cream scoop (or a 1⁄3-cup measure), portion out the dough onto a parchment-lined sheet pan. Pat the tops of the cookie dough domes flat. Wrap the sheet pan tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, or up to 1 week. Do not bake your cookies from room temperature--they will not bake properly.
- Heat the oven to 350°F.
- Arrange the chilled dough a minimum of 4 inches apart on parchment- or Silpat-lined sheet pans. Bake for 18 minutes. The cookies will puff, crackle, and spread. After 18 minutes, they should be faintly browned on the edges yet still bright yellow in the center; give them an extra minute if not.
- Cool the cookies completely on the sheet pans before transferring to a plate or to an airtight container for storage. At room temp, the cookies will keep fresh for 5 days; in the freezer, they will keep for 1 month.
"This cookbook highlights all of the desserts that make Momofuku Milk Bar a successful New York City foodie destination…It covers baking wunderkind Christina Tosi's meteoric rise, with her trademark recipes for low-brow, high-brow sweet treats.”
- USA Today
“Chocolate-chocolate cookies, compost cookies, blueberries and cream cookies, banana cream pie, brownie pie, hot fudge sauce, chocolate cake. I can't stop baking from Momofuku Milk Bar
…A crowd pleaser, obviously.”
- Los Angeles Times
"Whimsical desserts-from Compost Cookie to Crack Pie - by Manhattan pastry pro Christina Tosi create a 256-page Wonka World."
- Details Magazine
“It took just one recipe to fall in love with this book”
- Philadelphia Citypaper