5.0 out of 5 stars Best Way to Keep Up with a Family On The Go!
Published on July 21, 2011 by AmyP

2.0 out of 5 stars Needed preview
Published on March 25, 2012 by David S. Suddath

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Way to Keep Up with a Family On The Go!, July 21, 2011
AmyP (Austin, TX) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mom's Family 2012 Wall Calendar (Calendar)
We have two careers and two busy kids in our household, and with everyone going different directions, synching individual calendars or electronic schedulers just doesn't work for us. Good old paper still proves to be the best collaboration tool, and a shared calendar, posted in a very visible location in the house, helps us stay connected and avoids the embarassement of double and triple scheduling.

I've used this Boynton calendar for many years to keep our family organized. The calendar has 'swim lanes' for each family member (up to 5). We use the first four columns for family members and the fifth serves as a 'collective' place to mark major events and travel that affect us all. The first rule is when something is scheduled, it goes on the calendar. The best part? It completely solves the "I didn't know you had that scheduled!" argument, because the second rule is to always check the Boynton calendar first before making the commitment!

And when the year is done, the calendar can be a nice rememberance of what happened during a year. For instance, when the kids are small, you can make notes to chart their progress. Going back years later, it's a real trip down memory lane.

If you're keeping up with one or two people or just need to refer to dates, lots of calendars will meet this requirement. But if you have to track multiple people in the household, this is an indispensible tool. Just buy one (I just did!).

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for home and work, August 4, 2011
S. Bryan "Swim Mom" (Smyrna, TN United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mom's Family 2012 Wall Calendar (Calendar)
I buy two of these calendars every year. One for home and one for work.
It is perfect for work because I have four employees working under me. I know at a glance how many employees will be showing up for work on a given day. I live by this calendar.
It's also great at home to keep track of my husband and my two daughters who are off at college. I highly recommend this calendar for anyone with multiple schedules to track.

2.0 out of 5 stars Needed preview, March 25, 2012
This review is from: Mom's Family 2012 Wall Calendar (Calendar)
My daughter loves Sandra Boynton and as it also came with stickers I thought this would be great for keeping track of her life with her army husband,4 kid and the doberman.However the "unconventional" setup-not lined up in 4 to 5 weeks rows but the month by days in one long row-was not user friendly for her. As this also happened on a couple of other calendars I bought, I wish there could be more with inside preview pictures as well.

3.0 out of 5 stars Just ok, January 11, 2012
This review is from: Mom's Family 2012 Wall Calendar (Calendar)
This calendar is great for those of us with lots of things to do and places to be. There are some things that could be improved, though. For example, the calendar comes in a list style instead of block style; for me, this makes it more difficult to take a "quick look" as I often know what day of the week it is but not necessarily the date. This style does, however, leave lots of room for writing. Secondly, while the cartoon decorations are cute they are in the way, sometimes even covering up the days of the week; to me, they are just distracting. The calendar comes with stickers with the typical things like "No School," "Doctor's Appointment," etc, etc, but it also comes with stickers that say "Camping" and "Concert," of which there are far more than the ones that most people typically use (who goes on 8 camping trips over the course of the year?!). It does come with a magnetic dry-erase contact board which is great for writing in often-used numbers. Overall, its a nice calendar but not the most user-friendly for me; I wouldn't purchase it again.

5.0 out of 5 stars My 3rd year with this calendar to manage our family, September 28, 2011
This review is from: Mom's Family 2012 Wall Calendar (Calendar)
As the title suggests, 2012 is my third year with this calendar to manage my family. The columns to add names of members are nice and easy. I only have a young child although have started managing an extended family of 8 total with this 5 column calendar. I could see if you have more than 5 busy people this probably wouldn't work well since there is only a small box for each day - if you have more than 2 activities per person per day forget about it!

They always give me WAY too many stickers I never use, and I have received the magnetic phone list each time which is quite handy to have each year since things change.

I also enjoy the little pocket at the bottom, but can't put too much in there (too heavy). I end up having to cut out months passed to keep it in my refridgerator magnetic clip or it gets a bit too heavy. If Boynton made a 12 month calendar I'd like that better for pure laws of gravity alone.

Great calendar - easy to use and for all in my family to see!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Price. Confusing where to put general calendar events., January 26, 2012
This review is from: Mom's Family 2012 Wall Calendar (Calendar)
The price can't be beat. Most of the stickers it comes with are useless to me, but that's because we homeschool so most of the events do not apply to us. My younger child seems to understand the month much better now with this layout. The days are clearly numbered from 1 to 31 or whatever from top to bottom. The days of the week are clearly visible as well. The only thing weird is that some events span across multiple family members so I have to draw lines across the page to indicate this, but overall, it's an attractive calendar.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great way to keep organized!, December 19, 2011
This review is from: Mom's Family 2012 Wall Calendar (Calendar)
LOVE this calendar! It has been the perfect tool for keeping our schedules. Been using it for a few years now. The only draw back is that there is not enough space for each of my children to have their own column.

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely pleased!, October 9, 2011
This review is from: Mom's Family 2012 Wall Calendar (Calendar)
This is a wonderful calendar for a busy family. Plenty of space to write activities & birthdays without it looking congested & messy. Love the fun stickers too! My daughter enjoyed putting them all over the calendar. I purchase this calendar every year & haven't found one that meets up to it yet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect For Me!, September 20, 2011
This review is from: Mom's Family 2012 Wall Calendar (Calendar)
Using a write-on calendar for keeping track of my family's daily activities, appointments, travel plans, etc. may seem archaic in an electronic age, but it works best for me. This 16-month calendar has 5 columns for each month for me to fill in which is perfect for my 4-member family and one column for 'General'. It has a large size and is easy for me to read where it hangs on the wall and easy for me to add to, edit, look ahead at to avoid conflicts, etc. I have been using this calendar for 10 years and still prefer it over computers, cell phones, electronic pads, etc. I have a college degree in electronics engineering, have built my own computers from scratch, have about every electronic gadget imaginable, but still prefer Sandra Boynton's Family Calendar for keeping track of my family's daily activities. It works great for me!

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome, July 23, 2011
This review is from: Mom's Family 2012 Wall Calendar (Calendar)
I am ordering a new Mom's Family Calendar since ours ends in Dec 2011. I have loved this calendar. It hangs on our pantry door and the entire family can see at a glance what we are all doing for the day/ week/ and month. It's much easier for us all to keep up with than electronic calendars or individual calendars. We have 3 kids and there is room for all of us to have a column for our schedules.

Mom's Family 2012 Wall Calendar
Mom's Family 2012 Wall Calendar by Sandra Boynton (Calendar - July 1, 2011)
Used & New from: $0.01