Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: On Monday When It Rained
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: Paperback|Change

on June 26, 2004
This is a wonderful book about feelings and the encounters a child has and remembers through the course of the week. The language is perfect - it is written as a child actually speaks, with appropriate lilt and phrasing. The black and white photographs capture the emotions with beauty. Every child will love this book, and every parent will enjoy reading it - again, and again, and again.
on September 10, 2009
Book was in perfect condition as stated. This book is WONDERFUL to use in preschool classrooms to teach empathy. Children need to learn how to read expressions to be successful into later years. This book is simple, fun and shows a real child making real faces. Classrooms can then make their own books based on "On Mondy When It Rained".
on January 7, 2016
Really great classic book about feelings. Nice and simple and the real pictures are perfect. Of course my son loves the one where he burps...I love books like this for my kids that address real situations they face. Perfect for talking about when they felt these ways and also seeing that it is a normal part of life and perfectly acceptable to feel these different ways at different times. Having labels for feelings is super helpful for little ones to reduce fits etc :)
on March 6, 2014
I bought this book, because it was recommended for use with The Zones of Regulation, and self-regulation program. I use this book with my K-2 GL students. The photographs are great for helping children learn to read emotions in others and the situations that may cause those feelings..
on January 10, 2014
I bought this book to teach my children about emotions and how to handle them. The boy talks about something that happened to him (very common situations throughout), and when you turn the page you get the emotion and a matching photo of the boy expressing that emotion. The photos are in black and white and features the same little boy on the cover for each emotion.
on February 28, 2016
I like all but two pages of this book. This is due to the facial expression that is not common so it's not very easily interpreted or imitated. I also don't care for the way it ends (the resolution or the facial expression). When I read it I make up my own ending. Overall, it's a great resource for teaching kids that it's normal to experience a variety of feelings within a short period of time. I actually liked that it was black and white.
on January 5, 2015
Great story about feelings. There is a short verse on a two page, blank white spread, then you turn the page for an adorable photo of the boy showing how he feels. I love the simplicity of the book, and feel it really highlights the emotion. My two year old was concerned when the boy was scared by a movie he had seen, but that does not deter from his love of this book!! It can be so difficult for children to put a word to their feelings, and this book does a good job of highlighting a few emotions.
on December 8, 2015
Helping children to identify their emotions can ease their frustrations and stress. The pictures say it all !!!
You must have this book around and pull it out for the good times too! My 3 yr old grand daughter herself will show us how she's feeling by showing us a certain page. Delightful little guy is the model
on August 7, 2011
I read this to my 4 year-old. She loves guessing the emotion that goes with each story. The anecdotes are perfectly age-appropriate and are all excellent realistic examples of situations that she could be in herself, so she totally relates to each of them. The photographs match the emotions really well - they are also really cute!
on January 3, 2015
I used this book for a social skills lesson about regulating emotions with my 1st graders. They enjoyed it, and we read it more than once. It was in conjunction with the Zones of Regulation curriculum.