Flying Wild Alaska 3 Seasons 2012
Amazon Instant Video
1. Running Out of Time Era digs deep to survive a brutal winter. Ariel joins in on a desperate search for her missing friend. Sarah Fraher attempts a difficult landing to aid a pilot stranded mid-runway. Ponts attempts an emergency medical drop over the isolated Kavik camp.
2. Solar Flare Danger Villagers in Wainright lose their water supply due to the Arctic cold. Solar flares leave Ponts and Ben in harm's way. In Unalakleet, a criminal is on the loose and the Tweto's are on edge.
3. Zero Cabin Pressure Alaska's harshest winter in years wreaks havoc on Era's fleet. Sarah Fraher's aircraft door opens mid-flight. Doug's brakes freeze on an icy runway while carrying explosive chemicals. Jim attempts a risky landing atop the frozen Anvik River.
4. Return to Diomede The epic Iditarod dog sled race begins in Anchorage. Pilot Doug Stewart tests his limits while landing on a runway that is melting into the ocean. Pilot John Kapsner races to locate two snow-machiners that are lost overnight deep in the Alaskan Bush.
5. Money Pit In Bethel, pilot Erik Snuggerud is plagued by mechanical issues. On Alaska's North Slope, pilots Doug Stewart and John Rende battle to keep their plane from careening off an icy runway. In Unalakleet, Ariel receives a surprise visitor.
6. Radio Silence In the skies above western Alaska, Ariel disappears from radio contact, putting emergency services on high alert. Over the remote village of Hooper Bay, pilot Erik Snuggerud battles to touch down on a dangerously narrow runway.
7. Into the Wind Jim makes an impossible landing in Unk. Pilot Sarah Fraher battles strong headwinds while attempting to deliver 2,000 pounds of fuel to the research station. Pilot Ben Pederson braves 50 mph winds to retrieve an elusive priest for Easter service.
8. End of an Era In the series finale, after 30 years of running Era Alaska, Jim Tweto sets his eye on a new path. Doug loses all avionics while flying over the North Slope. Ariel comes face to face with the FAA in the last step of getting her pilot's license.
|Starring||Jim Tweto, Ferno Tweto|
|Supporting actors||Ayla Tweto, Ariel Tweto, Jim Pratt, Chelsea Welch, Erik Snuggerud, John Rende, Doug Stewart, Sarah Fraher, John Dronenburg|
|Producers||Tommy Baynard, Katy Dierks, French Horwitz, Hugh Peterson|
|Purchase rights||Stream instantly and download to 2 locations Details|
|Format||Amazon Instant Video (streaming online video and digital download)|
This entire series was the best of the best out of all the Alaskan shows.Published 1 month ago by scott snow
Loved this show but DANG IT WHERE IS THE SEASON 3 DVD... you cannot seriously give us 1 & 2 and then stiff us on the 3rd and final one... What the heck...Published 3 months ago by Scott
THESE ARE REAL PEOPLE, DOING A REAL JOB EVERY DAY AND MANY TIMES
UNDER VERY HARD WEATHER...THERE WOULD BE NO OTHER WAY
TO GET GOODS AND SERVICES IN TO THE RESIDENTS OF... Read more
Great story on the bush pilots and their families. Greet flying skills and landscapes. Too bad they don't make the show anymore.Published 9 months ago by Dale Blank
This is a very fun episode. There is a lot going on at the same time.
I really enjoyed watching it.
Great series, sorry to see it end.... Ariel grew up, liked the series better when she wasn't Miss Hollywood... I wood like to see what happened to Dad, did he build the home?Published 9 months ago by Desert1948