1,056 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Book Provides an "Aha" Experience
I never understood nor really liked baseball. I bought the book mostly to read about the inspired use of statistics, and the creative thinking that went into looking for the real keys to victory. I can safely say that while I may not have fallen in love with baseball, I will never find it boring again. If you have someone you want to turn into a fan, this book a superb...
Published on May 23, 2005 by Robert David STEELE Vivas

3.0 out of 5 stars What about pitching?
In 2002, the season that this book concerns itself with, the Oakland Athletics tied for the league lead with 103 victories. The book Moneyball frankly admits that it doesn't wish to concern itself with pitching, but rather with hitting--runs and on base percentage (OBP). The reader is told time again that runs and OBP define the game, that pitching is secondary and...
Published on August 7, 2007 by James Kunz

‹ Previous | 152 53 54106 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, April 11, 2013
This review is from: Moneyball (Movie Tie-in Edition) (Movie Tie-in Editions) (Kindle Edition)
Michael Lewis writes about people who buck the system. He reveals the naked emperor. This book may seem to be about baseball and statistics. It's really about people who believed s in themselves when everyone else says they are wrong.

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable Reading, April 6, 2013
As a long-time player I enjoyed the behind-the-scenes account the ball club and how statistics reconciled against cost in management decisions.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Read, March 28, 2013
Every high school coach needs to read this. I didn't expect to enjoy this as much as I did, but the author gave life to a fascinating view of baseball and it's players and management. Some were things I had heard my husband say over the years, a true lover of baseball strategy, as well as a player through college. You have to admire Mr. Beane for his vision and persistence in achieving so much with so few monetary resources when compared to many teams in MLB.

5.0 out of 5 stars great, March 28, 2013
very good benefit/price ratio excellent deal good product.Excellent book just what I expected, so far very happy with my purchase.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good read, March 25, 2013
It was better than the movie more in depth. Went on a little to long about Bill James, but given nature of the book I understand.

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally transferable, March 24, 2013
Lessons for business with respect to the war for talent in any industry. Never mind that Baseball refuses to pay attention. Business leaders should.

2.0 out of 5 stars lost my interest, March 23, 2013
C. Maniac "Aggie" (OLMSTED TWP., OHIO United States) - See all my reviews
I found the stories about actual players and coaches held my interest. However, the descriptions of the strategies and the philosophy of drafting went on and on and I found myself flipping pages forward. I did complete the book but it was work.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great book, March 23, 2013
Ben Buck (Chapel Hill, NC) - See all my reviews
I thoroughly enjoyed this book and felt it explained baseball very well, even to readers (such as myself) with no prior baseball knowledge.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, March 22, 2013
This is a great book, tells the story of how you can succeed in a tremendously overpaid sport, clap clap!

5.0 out of 5 stars Should have read this years ago, March 20, 2013
Fantastic book. It's always great to see pompous insiders who don't really know what they are doing get blown up by Upstream Thinkers. Lots of lessons here even outside of baseball.

‹ Previous | 152 53 54106 | Next ›