5.0 out of 5 stars Meets my expectations for value

Published 19 months ago by R. Howell

5.0 out of 5 stars Meets my expectations for value, November 6, 2011
Scott Chou "Scott" (San Francisco, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mongoose Boy's Strike Bicycle (Yellow) (Sports)
It's right on the border line for value. For another $50-100, the better bikes have superior brakes, quick release seat posts, lighter weight, etc. This particular brake design is pretty cheap and will wear out one pad faster than the other for sure. Not so easy to adjust either. Nevertheless, you get decent value for this price and this is probably just an interim bike that a boy will use for a few years. Some of the included upgrades are the fancy tires, the crossbar pad, chain guard, fancy paint job, and foot pegs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Bike!, August 14, 2011
This review is from: Mongoose Boy's Strike Bicycle (Yellow) (Sports)
The Mongoose Strike Bike came well packaged and partially assembled. The bike was out being ridden 30 minutes after it arrived. Assembly was a breeze.
At the end of the day I adjusted the brakes, the seat and the handlebars to my where my son wanted them and then gave the bike a once over checking all of the fasteners installed by the factory. They were all fine.

The bike has a very nice finish and rides well. A really nice bike for the price.

2.0 out of 5 stars Low Quality, June 2, 2013
R. Howell (Farmer City, Il United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mongoose Boy's Strike Bicycle (Yellow) (Sports)
My 7yr old has been wanting a yellow BMX bike. This is the only one I could find on Amazon. He was so excited when the UPS truck pulled up to deliver it, he ran out to help. Smiles all around,until a orangish yellow bike appeared from the box. NOT the bright Yellow bike pictured. We proceeded anyway because it's the closest thing to a yellow BMX bike we can find. I have a very good knowledge of tools and am very mechanically inclined. This bike has poor quality bearings all around. It is your typical Chinese made product. My son rode it to school one time and came to a conclusion this bike wouldn't last a year. Amazon gets 5 stars for their return department.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Bike, September 23, 2011
This review is from: Mongoose Boy's Strike Bicycle (Yellow) (Sports)
The outer packaging was not in pristine shape upon arrival, but the parts inside were secured and well protected. Assembly was a breeze. One of the hand grips was missing but when I called Mongoose customer service, they sent a replacement set free of charge right away. Our son loves the bike and I'm impressed with the company's customer service.

3.0 out of 5 stars Heavy bike, a bit more of a chore to put together than it should be..., July 31, 2013
This review is from: Mongoose Boy's Strike Bicycle (Yellow) (Sports)
Solid bike, but the lack of hex wrenches and them torquing down a few of the hex nuts made this a more difficult job to assemble than it should have been. Also, although this is a bigger bike I have an inexperienced rider whom I wanted to get training wheels for (7 year old) - the tubes are flared on this bike so you had to really work to get even the widest support arm brackets on this bike...

5.0 out of 5 stars 10-yr old son loves this bike, July 20, 2013
This review is from: Mongoose Boy's Strike Bicycle (Yellow) (Sports)
Great quality - very solid; lots of use and no problems with any aspect of the bike. Totally worth the price.

4.0 out of 5 stars good, July 7, 2013
This review is from: Mongoose Boy's Strike Bicycle (Yellow) (Sports)
I love it bought this bike for my nine year old son.He love his new bike hopefully it will last a couple years!

1.0 out of 5 stars Poorly packaged!, June 13, 2013
This review is from: Mongoose Boy's Strike Bicycle (Yellow) (Sports)
We ordered this bike for my son's birthday. It was packaged very poorly and the sticker on the frame was ripped and had a huge hole. In addition the cap for one of the brake lines was missing. We will have to go to a bike shop and purchase another one, otherwise it will scratch him. We do not have time to return it for another one as his party is in 2 days. Very disappointed in Amazon that I have to give my son a damaged birthday present. =(

4.0 out of 5 stars Good bike, January 11, 2013
This review is from: Mongoose Boy's Strike Bicycle (Yellow) (Sports)
The bike came and was easy to assemble. It has a lot of substance and is very well built. My son loves it.

1.0 out of 5 stars I got this bike for my sons Birthday, the ..., August 7, 2014
This review is from: Mongoose Boy's Strike Bicycle (Yellow) (Sports)
I got this bike for my sons Birthday, the bike was the wrong color. It was sappost to be green but he got a yellow one instead.

Mongoose Boy's Strike Bicycle (Yellow)
Out of stock