Industrial-Sized Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Shop Popular Services tmnt tmnt tmnt  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Disney Infinity 3.0 Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Deal of the Day

on July 26, 2011
This is a great bike. I used to race 20" BMX bikes for CW Racing when I was a kid and now that I'm pushing 40, I decided I needed to get back into shape and what better way than reliving my youth with MONGOOSE. This isn't your ToysRUs or Walmart bike. This is a super light, double disc brake dirt monster. I test rode Trek's Gary Fisher series bikes, Giant, Cannondale, and even tried out a Walmart Mongoose. Nothing compares for quality, durability, and price.

The only con I can find with this machine is the lack of gearing. Because of the super neat forward chain guides there is only seven gears (7 speed rear cartridge). Basically you're screwed out on the road. Take it in the woods and you're in it's element. I use it for slow speed stuff, park riding and such. I'd imagine since it's pretty light it would perform very well on a track. It's about half the weight of a Walmart/TRU bike. To go lighter you'll have to hurdle the $1G mark. Undoable on my budget.

I'm 5'9" and 240# and the bike fits me much like my 20" did when I was a kid. I can really throw it around the trail and the hardtail/front shock fork works really well. The front forks are adjustable for compression and I have them set on the max because of my weight. The front and rear disk brakes are a little grabby but they're still new and I have them set with very little lever play.

Overall I'd give her an 8 out of 10. Low weight, good quality components, and great asthetics make for an awesome bike. Lack of gearing and my personal slight distaste for stuff that's made overseas keep this machine from a perfect 10.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again