Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Recess Monkey Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on September 26, 2010
Pros:
-Comfortable: It softens the seat so you can ride longer.
-Inexpensive: A bargain, and a fraction of what you'd likely pay for a new seat.
-Great quality: It is sturdy and well-built from the fabric to the anti-sliding surface inside the sleeve.

Cons:
-Shifting: If your seat is slim like mine and you stand a lot while biking it may shift slightly to one side over the course of a long bike-ride. However, I can't imagine a better seat cover so this won't affect my rating of the product. I have met beginners who have tried this seat-cover and prefer not using it for balance reasons (possibly due to shifting). It's just something to note with covers in general.
-Heavy: With great quality comes a certain weightiness compared to say a non-gel cushion. The gel is somewhat heavy in my opinion. It is worth it, don't get me wrong... but I have a folding bike and I fold and carry my bike before and after each ride. I try to minimize weight wherever I can. If you have a folding-bike and want to minimize weight, I'd give rate this product 4 stars.
-Not perfect: This seat-cover will soften your seat but at the end of a long bike-ride I sometimes can still feel a little bit of soreness. I also don't know that this seat-cover would help people with serious comfort issues (people who have had prostate surgery, etc.) Some bicyclists I know are far more sensitive to pain and have purchased and tried various seat-types before feeling comfortable riding. For riders like them, I don't imagine this cover would do much to reduce pain. For most people, though, I think it will be just right. You might as well try it before you spend money on expensive seats that might not fix the problem. By the way, everyone with pain-issues that I personally know who got a replacement seat eventually settled on some form of a gel-seat.

For me, this seat-cover gets the job done. I would recommend this product to anyone who wants an inexpensive solution to an irritating problem. I am giving it five stars because I can't imagine a product of this nature made any better.
11 comment|68 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 9, 2010
I purchased this seat for the spin bike at my gym. Perfect fit and comfort! Makes spin class much more emjoyable.
on January 21, 2011
I bought this seat cover when I purchased the Marcy Upright Mag Cycle because a lot of the reviews recommended that you get a gel seat. This seat was listed under the "Customers also bought ..." section. So for $13.00 I thought it was pretty risk free. I should have researched the size of the seat vs. the size of the cover but I figured if Amazon matched the bike & cover as compatible - I was good. Wrong. This seat is about 1/2 the size of my bike's seat. I love the bike but it definitely needs more padding. It's not worth the trouble sending the $13.00 seat back so I'll give it to someone who can use it. I just ordered the "1-1/2" Thick - 9" to 11" Wide Bicycle Seat Cover / Gel Pad - Medium" by DerriAir & it looks like that will be the perfect fit. I'm just hoping to save someone from buying this seat with the particular bike I bought. I give it 3 stars because on one hand it doesn't fit my bike but it does seem like a quality product that would work well on the right bike.
55 comments|42 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon June 22, 2009
Great addition to my bike to help with the longer trips. Tie strings little to long, had to cut them shorter, other then that it fit great, stays in place, and is a great deal. Have used it on a ride that lasted more then 5 hrs on rough areas and was not hurting when it was over.
on February 19, 2012
I bought this for my spin class hoping it would help alleviate some of the discomfort the hard seat caused. While the gel padding seemed to help at little, my class involves a lot of standing, sitting, "jumping", and just overall movement. By the end of class the gel had shifted to one side. The next class I tried tightening the seat (as suggested on another site) so the gel wouldn't shift, but by the end of class the gel has again shift around. By the third class the gel was loose and shifting everywhere. I wound up buying a different seat for class and just using this one on my bike at home for rides around the neighborhood. It's a good seat for that. It's got enough padding to make my bike seat at home a bit softer, it just didn't hold up to the more rigorous workout my gym put it through.
on July 27, 2009
This cover only fits narrow bike seats. It will not fit older wide seats or wider comfort bike seats. I passed it on to my kid for his bike. He loves it.
on May 8, 2010
I have had this seat cover for about 2 months. It is really comfortable. I do a lot of bike riding and find that this cover makes a big difference in the comfort of my ride. It slips on easily and doesn't shift.
My only complaint and it is very minor is that if my bike is left out overnight the seat cover is wet from the dew and it takes a little while to dry. The moisture doesn't sit on top of the cover and can be wiped off; it actually soaks into the cover and need to dry over time. I would buy this product again.
on April 19, 2012
It's so misleading to see this seat cover under both the "Frequently Bought Together" and "Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought" sections for most of the exercise bikes sold on Amazon because this seat cover DOES NOT FIT any exercise bike with a wide seat, such as the Stamina, Marcy, Schwinn, Body Max, Confidence, etc. I can't imagine what percentage of sales of this seat cover are due to folks like me assuming that it will our bikes because Amazon has them listed together on the aforementioned sections.

It's really too bad, too, because the seat cover itself appears to be very comfortable with a good amount of gel padding, and it sells for a great price. This would most likely make a wonderful seat cover for a regular bicycle, but is simply way too small for exercise bike seats. I just hope everyone else reads the reviews first (unlike me) before mistakenly spending your money on an incompatible product.
on May 22, 2013
This might be decent for road/mountain bikes, I'm not sure. But I bought it to help ease the pain of using my spinning bike, and it's absolutely worthless. The gel in it is thin as can be and it hardly protects or softens the seat in the slightest. I understand you can't have a multiple inch thickness to it or it wouldn't sit right, but this basically equal to putting a piece of nylon over the seat, and that's it. Very disappointed.
on October 20, 2011
The cover is pretty nice and does provide decent comfort - But it also likes to slide around on the seat as well.

I ended up having to cut a piece of that no-slip grip drawer/cabinet liner and put it on top of the seat and then place this on top to keep it from sliding around. Overall it was a good deal though - especially since I already had the no-slip grip liner and it fit the seat just right.