Industrial-Sized Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Storm Fire TV Stick Grocery Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Shop Popular Services Home Theater Setup Plumbing Services Assembly Services Shop all TransparentGGWin TransparentGGWin TransparentGGWin  Amazon Echo Fire HD 6 Kindle Voyage The Walking Dead\ Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Deal of the Day

on September 28, 2005
I've shopped around in B&M stores as well as a good bunch of online stores before I bought, and I felt that this Rockadile had the best combination of stock components vs. price ratio. I was right!

The bike came double boxed and had plenty of protective wrappers that covered almost everything on the bike. Unfortunately, the brake levers weren't covered, though, and most of the paint on my left brake lever was scratched off on arrival. Besides that, the bike looks, feels and rides MUCH more expensive than $139! Excellent paint job and a nice looking bike (the Amazon picture doesn't do the bike justice); nice looking and comfortable "Mongoose Pro" labeled grips, mongoose brand on the handle bar and frame, and solid feeling "Alex" rims. The geometry and size were good for me (I'm 5'8" and I have the 18" frame). The bike came mostly assembled; things you need to put onto the frame include the front tire, handlebar, and seat. The suntour front suspension absorbed bumps well. A kickstand is not included.

The negatives...the seat looks nice and expensive (it has a leather-like material with exposed stitching between the black and yellow), but is a bit hard after riding on it for a few miles. Also, the tires are probably the most difficult I've ever tried pumping in my life. I went through 5 different brands & types of pumps, and none of them could hold onto the valve tips! I ended up holding down the pump to the valve with both hands while my roommate pumped...very difficult. Finally, tip of the cable connected to the rear brake came off very easily and the tip of the cable is beginning to fray. I realize it's replaceable, but it's a hassle and shouldn't have happened.

Other than that, it's a great bike! I don't think I could have done better for a sub-$200 bike. Highly recommended.
on September 12, 2005
Had this bike for 3 months now and am fairly happy with it. It was easy to assemble and rides fairly well considering I only use it to commute and not hit the trails. The good thing is that i am tall and Amazon has the 20" version of the bike. Most other bikes you find at megamarts like Target sell them in only 18" sizes. For my use and the price I think this bike is almost perfect.
on September 26, 2005
What a steal, took me ten minutes to assemble and pump up tires. Great bike for the all around ride. Highly recommend.