Automotive Deals Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on August 2, 2006
I bought this particular bike because it gave me more bike for my buck - on sale for $250-down from $399.00. When I opened the box and saw the frame I was very pleased. THen once it was put together - It LOOKED phenomenal! I've had it and have been riding every weekend for the last 2 months and it handles great!the dual suspension makes a difference. The seat, is not the most comfortable, but once I purchased the gel cover, I was in heaven. I get alot of compliments on the bike - people who are not in the "know" take me for a serious rider (which I'm not)based on the appearance of the bike. So, if you are not trying to spend alot of money but would like a quality dual suspension mountain bike. I think this is your best bet!
on October 19, 2006
I can't believe I got this bike for $180. Almost paid for a similar one from Sports Authority last Chirstmas for $299. I don't expect this to be a serious mountain bike. I am a small guy and I am not a serious biker, this one is fantastic. Love it. You cannot beat the price anywhere.

It took me about 1 hour to remove and assemble together, Need only 3 tools. Pretty simple.
on December 16, 2006
Ordered this from Amazon for 149.00 with free shipping.Was upgraded for free with DHL 3 day.Received very fast.Bike was easy to put together with a few allen wrenches and a flathead screwdiver.Front tire easy to put on with quick connect tension lever.Upgraded seat to a gel filled.Bike is a 24 speed with frnt disc brakes.Just completed assembly in a short period of time.App. 15 minutes/Comes with instructions/You install handlebars/Front tire and disc brake/Slide seat rod in and air tires and assembly is complete.Reflectors are preinstalled.Great buy and a great deal.
on February 14, 2006
Ok so i got this bike because it was on sale wich was great. So i recived it and put it together and everything and the brake pad was dinged so i had to get that fixed. I tried riding it and not only was that dinged but the gears did not shift correctly and sometimes not at all but they did not include a screw that was neccasary for keepign the front brake on. So i had to take it to a shop and have them look at it.

and the guy theres aid who ever put it together did a terrible job at the store and that the gears and such were not calibrated at all and so he had to fix them. And to make matters werse the kick stand did not even support the bike i had to bend it the old fashion way. So after i got the bike actually looked at by someone who knew what they were doing instead of soemone who is sitting at amazon.com or what ever the bike runs great. No problems i love it. However if you are buying this bike as a super bike its ok not the best and you should go into the store and spend some real money on a bike. But all in all it is not bad i enjoy it and it will do for waht i have to do with it.
on May 12, 2007
I just got this bike from Amazon, it arrived on time and the packaging was in pristine condition when it arrived at my door. Assembly was not tough at all, I personally assume that brakes and derailers will need to be "tweaked" no matter who made the bike in the first place. When I finished assembling I noticed a few significant things were missing, namely the two screws holding the front brake to the frame. A quick trip to the hardware store got me replacements, when I installed them I couldnt manage to get the front brake to grab despite several adjustments. Further examination revealed that the front brake tension adjuster was cross threaded by whoever did the assembly and the unit itself needs to be replaced. The problem being that this is not a standard hardware store kind of part. I got the bike with 2 day shipping so I could use it immidiately. Now I am waiting on spares from Mongoose. The front tire was also zip tied to the frame during shipping, and the decals and paint on that side of the frame got pretty beat up; it works but it doesnt look too good. The bike rides well and handles well if you ignore the brake thing, but its still a kick in the teeth to not have a bike when you want it.
on December 21, 2006
I just got the bike and put it together, It took me about 30-40 minutes, but I was in no rush. I bought the bike for 140, seems like the best price so far. I just saw it went back up to 230. I rode it for about 30 seconds in my driveway and it seems fine so far. I have a $900 mountain bike but its not dual suspension, so im excited to test this one out.
on December 23, 2006
I got this bike as a surprise gift for my husband for Christmas. Fast Shipping and great looking bike. I got the bike for $149.99 so I am pleased with the price. I put it together myself. I don't read directions but didn't have to much trouble figuring it out anyway. Took maybe thirty minutes but I was taking my time and again not reading instructions. The disc brakes seem to rub a little but not sure if that is normal or not. Waiting for my husband to look at it. I know it was put together properly because I did double check that and I have worked on bikes before. So far I think this is a great purchase!!!! Can't wait to surprise him with it.... I would recommend this bike.
on February 12, 2007
Let me tell you, the picture doesn't give the frame justice. The color is a much deeper red and the tubes are beefier than in the photo. Amazon sent it out 2nd day DHL but I got it next day. The only problen was that the front wheel quick release was broken but I called Mongoose customer service and they sent a new one out no questions asked. I have been checking out the reviews on the componants online and they seem to be stock on much more expensive bikes. I am VERY happy with this perchase. Only 4 stars because it's not the best bike out there... being realistic.
on January 18, 2007
Great bike - got a great deal before Christmas. When you get it out of the box, it looks like it has a million steps to assemble, but most of it is already put together for you. It took about 30 minutes to completely assemble. Looks like it will last a long time.
on December 22, 2006
Got the bike at a great price, so I did not expect much but was very pleasently surprised when the bike arrived. Don't know a lot about bikes but my friends do and told me that it was a very good bike, especially at the price of 149.99.