Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Monica Bellucci
Your Garage Summer Reading Learn more Discover it CaseLangVeirs Amazon Fashion Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

Format: Hardcover|Change

on June 9, 2011
I've always been a huge fan of Monica Bellucci, and was hell-bent on getting this book when it first came out. Unfortunately, like many people, I wasn't fast enough to order it, as the book became unavailable seemingly days after it went up for sale on here. It was months before I was able to order a copy, but before the chance came, I kept trying to convince myself that I didn't want this book. After all, I'd only seen 4 or 5 scans of the photos contained within, and kept telling myself 'oh, it's probably just a bunch of the same style of black and white photos'. Boy I couldn't be more wrong. This book is worth every dollar, and I don't feel bad at all about paying the full retail price.

It took a long time before I made it to the end of this book, as every photograph is a stunner, regardless of how simple some of them seem. The diversity in the photos is phenomenal- Monica in a busy dinner scene, her laying atop a stuffed lion, what looks like honey smeared all over her face as she licks it up, her in an obscenely tight corset, frolicking in the grass looking like she's genuinely having a good time...I could go on and on. My absolute favorite pictures are the 3 taken by Fabrizio Ferri of Monica when she was pregnant. I'd have included them in the attached video, but of course, like a good number of the photos, she's nude in them, and I can't exactly post that. And I love how the final pictures are of Monica with her child. It's a fitting end to everything. Regarding the photography, how many times can I repeat myself in saying that each photo is a keeper? This is the kind of thing that makes me want to get back into photography because of how inspiring it is.

Hopefully the couple of images I got in the video portion of this review are helpful. I'm sorry that it jumps around- I had to cut segments together because I'd flip the page and get a nude photo (not that I'm complaining). But rest assured that what you see in the video isn't even the tip of the iceberg: it's the mist around the tip of the iceberg. And if ordering the Italian version of the book is your only option, don't worry- there's not much text here aside from two pages of introductions in the very beginning and the last page of credits. The rest is big, beautiful photos. Any fan of Monica Bellucci needs to get a copy of this book, plain and simple.
55 comments|80 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon February 24, 2012
If there is a book that you can hold in your hands and feel its power, its beauty, the life within it and the raw sensual energy... this is the one.

Monica Bellucci is one of the most beautiful women I have ever seen. She has a presence about her that exudes femininity, gracefulness, lust, intensity. She is a woman who knows her own body, and wields it with skilled deliberate tenacity.

There are 150 photographs of her in this, taken over a 20 year period by amazing photographers. Its a big slick hard gorgeous book with red edges on the pages..a work of art, that contains a work of art.

She turns me on. She turns my man on. And that makes for a good ..read.
on July 12, 2011
This is a splendid book full with artistic photographs of the most beautiful actress of the World, there are samples of some of her photo sessions throughout the years, many of those I have seen them before, but around one third of them were new for me, I really like her first photo session at age thirteen you could see the innocence of a beautiful teenager and you could tell from that time she was going to become a breathtaking model.
on June 18, 2011
I remember I missed purchasing this book when it was first released on Amazon. It sold out so quickly. And then afterwards, for the longest time, private sellers was selling this book for triple the cost. Then Amazon restocked it's copies but they only lasted a few days before it sold out again. This happened over the course of a year. I jumped on it this time. I tell you, the wait was worth it. I see why the demand is so high for this book. Its beautiful. Heck, Monica is beautiful. The images are huge, there is enough content to satisfy anyone. If you are like me and missed out on previous opportunities don't miss out again. Right now the book is aback on Amazon and they are offering it for an excellent price. Once it's gone people will be selling it again for some crazy price.
on June 16, 2013
This is a big, heavy book of photographs of a woman so beautiful that the word "beautiful" is too mild. It seems almost impossible that any person could look so good from every angle and every distance and every pose. Monica B is one in a billion. And before you balk at the price, know that proceeds from this book support two of Monica's favorite charities, both worthwhile causes.
on December 4, 2010
I've been a great fan of Monica Bellucci since whenever and I'm glad I got this book showing her many different photo sessions she's done throughout with various photographers. A good portion of these I've seen before appearing in different magazine publications both in black/white and color. I'm glad these photo sessions have finally been gathered in a single book because I've enjoyed Monica's willingness to try different things in these shoots. If you're a fan of Monica's photo sessions then I'd recommend this book.
on December 18, 2011
Monica Bellucci has an effortless quality to her beauty undiminished by the various circumstances on display in this book. Her fashion sense is above reproach; she is served equally well by black & white and color images. As she demonstrated in her role as a courtesan/spy in BROTHERHOOD OF THE WOLF; draped or undraped; she is a force to be reckoned with. As she proved in her role as a lactating prostitute in SHOOT 'EM UP, she subverts the gestalt of femme fatale into a contemporary alpha woman, and we are quite fortunate to have her in our midst. A handsomely-produced book of an unapologetically beautiful woman: what's not to love about MONICA BELLUCCI?
on April 5, 2011
Purchasing on the internet can be a slippery slope. Often, unless you deal with the traditional stores such as Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and Borders to purchase a book, the shipping charge is huge, the customer service is impersonal, and delivery can be a hassle.

Starting in February I searched far and wide to purchase Monica Bellucci's Photo Book. My search started with several calls to Barnes and Noble. They told me that this book was a special order. I decided to place my order with them online. The Book, according to them was on back order. They kept telling me that they ordered it, and were waiting for it to arrive. This went on for 5 weeks. After their final window had expired I called their head office in NYC and they again assured me that the book was on order. I told them I would wait one more week. It never came and they still had the book available on their site. Finally they told me in an e-mail after I canceled my order that they could not get the book. This was more than 6 weeks, after me doing all of the leg work. Needless to say, this was quite frustrating.

During the time I was waiting I searched all over the internet to purchase the book at a reasonable price, not the crazy price from Ebay dealers or some of the Amazon market place dealers who bought several copies of the book when it first came out, and are now selling it at 400 to 500 percent of the actual value of the book. Normally I am all for free market capitalism, however it was Monica's initial desire when she agreed to do the book was that the proceeds would be donated to a couple of charities she picked. The initial printing of the book was by Rizzoli in Italy, in Italian. Limited copies were produced for the English market, but being that I am a purist, and the fact that this is mainly a photographic book. I wanted the Original Italian language book. I honestly was not willing to pay $300 for a book that retailed for 50 Euros ($60 US) at the time.

I saw on Amazon, a market place seller called Deastore that had the book for $72.95. I did some research on the internet and realized they are a huge online outlet. Read some of the comments about them and decided to make a purchase. Special thanks to Amazon for offering this great service!

To be honest this Deastore was perhaps one of the best purchases I have ever made on the internet. I was contacted as soon as I made the order, as soon as the order shipped which was only 2 business days later. I had several questions regarding the order and not only did they answer them all, they were so polite and respectful.

Although the book took awhile to arrive because Amazon had only the ground shipping option they were very reassuring and continued contact with me. The kind folks at Deastore, were excellent. The 5 pound package arrived, in perfect condition. There was a professional invoice, including their address and phone number in the package, and a very nice gesture of a 15 percent off coupon good until the end of the year on any item in their vast library!

All I can say it Graze Mille!

Buy from these folks!

As far as the book goes, it is awesome, especially for any photography buff like myself. It is 250 pages of various photos scattered all throughout Monica's modeling and film career. There is a artist drawing in the beginning, a forward, and a note from Monica in the front few pages. The paper it is printed on is very high quality and the book has the quality of an archival volume.

I like how the photographers are named as the pictures are taken, and there a a few fold out pages as well. A full location, photographer, and page listing is found at the end of the book. Excellent all the way around. This is a must purchase book for any photography or Monica Bellucci fan.
88 comments|20 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 14, 2014
I love the pictures of Monica. The photographers now how to capture the beauty this woman has. I like that it included some pictures of her when she was young, 17yo I think. The book is big so the pictures are large and there are several pictures from different photographers.
on March 6, 2012
Having been disappointed with many photography book purchases on amazon, I was determined never to pick one up again.

Then came this gorgeous book based on one of my favorite actresses, with classy pictures both nude and clothed, both color and black and white.

Simply put:

If you are a Monica Belucci Fan, get this book; you will not be disappointed.
If you do not know Ms. Belucci, the pictures are well done and artistic of this beautiful woman; you will not be disappointed.