Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-21 of 21 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 7, 2012 8:03:47 AM PST
Joseph P says:
She had no morals back then and is selling her shame to make a dollar now.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 7, 2012 9:21:00 AM PST
Sue says:
Exactly.....let the man rest in peace. How old is this now old biddy ? She wants to make money.

Posted on Feb 8, 2012 2:09:39 PM PST
E. Lewis says:
I disagree that she is out to make a dollar. This must have been painful for her. I do feel bad for Caroline Kennedy having to hear this about her father although JFKs amorous adventures were pretty well known.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 8, 2012 4:01:14 PM PST
Sue says:
If it was so painful for her, why wait till now. Common knowledge that JFK had many women, kind of like saying "Washington Slept Here". This woman could be making this whole thing up. I do agree with you about hurting Caroline needlessly. The man is dead, his wife is dead, his son is dead, let them rest in peace, and Caroline shouldn't be bothered with this trash.

Posted on Feb 8, 2012 4:20:04 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Feb 8, 2012 4:20:31 PM PST]

Posted on Feb 8, 2012 5:56:23 PM PST
Its well known and seemingly accepted that President Kennedy was a player so what makes this particular lady's affair with him something we need to know about ....now?! Anyway, I think stories like that should be corroborated before the public is made to ready something that might very well be a fairy tale.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 8, 2012 6:26:05 PM PST
storms says:
clinton is the one with no morals he not only had sex with a woman younger thean his daughter as governor he had sex with jennifer flowers and kathlen whilley and he pointed his finger on tv at the american people and said I did not have sex with that woman monica lewinsky and he lied to congress

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 8, 2012 8:54:29 PM PST
Giovanna says:
Kay-Kay, it's no fairy tale. I have first-hand knowledge that the Kennedy men were all scum when it came to their relationships with women--guess they got too spoiled with all the money and power. It's so pathetic. I do have some compassion for their children and think it's sad for them to realize everybody knows the truth of their parents ways--actually Jackie wasn't a saint either but for somewhat different reasons. It's history.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 9, 2012 6:54:04 AM PST
Sue says:
absolutely ! its all a power trip

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 9, 2012 6:55:48 AM PST
Sue says:
who is a saint ? dont we all have skeletons in our closets ?

Posted on Feb 9, 2012 7:09:34 AM PST
Paul May says:
It should be known that Ms. Alford said nothing publicly about this event for some 50 years. Only when historian Robert Dallek wrote about it in the early 1990's did people associate Ms. Alford as being that specific intern. Even then, she said nothing and disappeared. Only after her name was brought out again by various authors did she decide to "clear the air" and respond with this book. This was not about money.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 9, 2012 8:54:37 AM PST
Giovanna says:
I totally agree--she's trying to reconcile her life and find peace of mind. We all deserve that!

Posted on Feb 9, 2012 9:57:05 AM PST
Wayne Up says:
Watching the NBC Rock Center show was like listening to a prosecution witness going on and on for an hour, without offering any evidence, allowing any cross examination or permitting the defense to present its case. And it was directed at a man who died forty years ago, with any confirmatory witnesses long gone; and from a women trying to sell her book; and by a network show with such low ratings that it had to move to Wednesday while trying to prop itself up with some demagogic, yellow-journalism. Shame on Brian and Meredith. They sold their journalistic souls to Nielsen, for ratings.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 9, 2012 2:49:18 PM PST
Sue says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 9, 2012 2:53:40 PM PST
Sue says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 9, 2012 3:01:29 PM PST
Ed Hamada says:
hear hear! sounds like a person who's tried a few or teaches evidence, but either way your observations are right on target

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 10, 2012 11:53:00 AM PST
Giovanna says:
Yup! So sad. It's hard to even watch TV these days since it's so much entertainment news instead of true news--then, how do you like your local TV News Crime Watch? No great local news anymore just crime reports that don't impact many local lives but are dramatic for show! Disgusting. Must stick to the printed world from credible sources--getting fewer too!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 16, 2012 6:30:42 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 17, 2012 11:15:54 AM PST
Karin B. says:
A reporter asked Ms. Fahnestock in 2003 if she was Mimi and Mimi gave a written statement to the press that it was in fact her. It made the papers in New York, Dick Alford, her present husband thought he had seen her in his neighborhood, they are both runners, he wrote her a letter offering to help her with the onslaught to be expected. (I think he knew she was sitting on a goldmine). They met and married 2 years later.

In 2003 she looked rather frumpy, dyed hair, bad haircut, double chin, etc., also a lot of people were still alive that could have disputed her claims. By 2009 her entrepreneurial husband had convinced her to start writing this book with a ghostwriter (oops, co-author) and her hair had grown in to a nice silver do.In 2012 the book is published and she is promoting it.

Her public appearances are scripted, lately Dick has been appearing with her to avoid glitches, she has become the darling of the right wing conservatives who do not miss a chances to try to urinate on Kennedy's grave and the "Alfords" are probably working on a movie.

She is a fraud.The other words I would like to say about her I can't put in writing.

Posted on Mar 6, 2012 12:34:38 AM PST
As far as Slick Willie is concern. Only a cad would cheat on their spouse and tell the truth.
If you cheat, you lie.

Posted on Mar 22, 2012 6:36:31 AM PDT
KinksRock says:
I think her story is true, and why shouldn't we know what a sleaze JFK was? Enough time has gone by.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 8, 2012 2:43:21 PM PDT
Susan says:
Dallek never even mentioned her last name. She wrote this book because she wanted to make money, not because the media forced her. Furthemore, Dallek got his information from an oral history by a woman who worked in the White House Press Office, and even that woman does not confirm an affair. Everybody is dead now and Mimi can write anything she wants and there is no way to prove if it's true.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  14
Total posts:  21
Initial post:  Feb 7, 2012
Latest post:  Sep 8, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Once Upon a Secret: My hidden Affair with John F. Kennedy
Once Upon a Secret: My hidden Affair with John F. Kennedy by Mimi Alford (Hardcover - April 1, 2011)
3.9 out of 5 stars   (509)