5.0 out of 5 stars high quality item, helped with splitter issues
Published on September 22, 2011 by Tea Drinking Robot

1.0 out of 5 stars Image Got Worse!
Poor product quality. Decreased sharpness of image sharpness, and increased ghosting of images. Was attempting to replace a mix-mash of 20 year-old cables for an improved image. The cables by Mediabridge worked well for me - removed car/truck signal interference. I'd recommend those.
Published 13 months ago by P-Dog

5.0 out of 5 stars high quality item, helped with splitter issues, September 22, 2011
This review is from: Monoprice 105359 75 Ohm Quad Shielded CL2 F-Type Coaxial RF Cable (Electronics)
I purchased two of these cables to try to alleviate a problem that had developed with my cable/internet setup. I have a coax splitter hooked up in my living room with my cable modem on one out and my tv on the other. This worked fine for almost 2 years with normal coax cables, then I started getting interference- the TV signal degraded a lot and the internet would drop out unexpectedly. I thought the problem was the splitter itself (the cable guy also told me that the splitter was the problem), but after swapping it out to no avail I did some research and apparently the problem is interference between the two devices. Switching to the Quad-shielded cables has cleared it up completely, plus the nice short length has eliminated the rat's nest behind my tv.

I'd recommend this as a solution if you're having similar problems, especially as the price of 2 of these is way less than for a fancy-pants splitter (which was going to be my next thing to try).

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice quality for cheap cables, May 25, 2013
Big Moe (Corea, ME USA) - See all my reviews
These are coax cables so no need for huge fanfare, but they are nice quality (nice enough for my use) and the price is definitely right. Used these to split the incoming cable coax line to my Time Warner cable/phone modem and the new modem I bought to avoid the annoying $4 monthly modem fee. Worked like a charm! Wanted to buy short cables so not too have a rats nest of cabling. Remember that coaxial cabling is very stiff and cannot be bent on a dime, so don't buy them too short. These seemed to be the perfect length, not too short, not too long.

One thing to note: I did some basic research online and read somewhere that if you split the incoming coaxial cable line, then the subsequent lines should be the same length or you might experience issues. Not an electrician or cable guy, so please do your own research. At these prices, no big deal buying a matching pair.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked well with MOCA ethernet over CableTV, March 26, 2014
A very nice RG6 patch cable. It comes in various lengths and the 1.5ft was just what I needed hooking up MOCA adapters to existing cable outlets.

The thing that distinguishes pre-built cables for me is the quality of the connectors and molded boots. These are excellent and the screw-on nut turns well facilitating solid and reliable connections.

It was very easy to setup and worked perfectly. It is (as cables go) nice looking. It's a fine cable and I think worth 5 stars.

Hope this helps someone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well made cable, March 19, 2014
DeeWhit (Ochelata, OK United States) - See all my reviews
Coax are pretty standard for someone like me. The only issues I had ever noticed with other coax in the past has been:

Signal Strength - Albeit this is a short cable, it has good signal.
Flexibility - Others I have had have been flimsy or rigid, this one is just right in terms being flexible but durable.
Connectors - Others I have had at times have connectors that don't turn unless the cable is just right. This cable connector spins freely as you connect it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Needed to make another device work, April 5, 2013
Thius cable was needed to make another device work. It would not have been able to hook up that device without this cable. The cable arrived in perfect shape and I am very pleased with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for the job, April 7, 2013
I used this able between my cable modem and my internet modem. It is the perfect length and easily connects.

1.0 out of 5 stars Image Got Worse!, August 25, 2013
P-Dog (Seattle, WA USA) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Great pre-amp cable, May 9, 2013
edrock "edrock" (Fairfax, VA United States) - See all my reviews
I needed a super short cable to go from my antenna to my preamp, and they always recommend the shortest cable possible. This one fit the bill and worked well.

4.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I wanted, June 29, 2014
Cable works for exactly what I needed it to do.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Convenient Coaxial, June 24, 2014
This coaxial is perfect for use in connecting a TV to a VCR/DVD combo or any other video equipment you have. It's portability is perfect. I highly recommend it.

A. Nathaniel Wallace, Jr.