Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on November 17, 2014
I mounted this outside on a 4x4 for two rock speakers to replace the 21-year old controller that had inferior waterproofing and rusted inside. I attached 2 feet or more of 1/2" electrical plastic conduit to the connection facing down and left the bottom open of the conduit open so that any possible water that gets in can get out. (I have heard of others using plastic rubber ear plugs to fill the gap and then silicone caulk). The speaker wire is direct burial speaker wire that has lasted 21 years with no degradation.

It works, i did not do any sound tests.
on August 19, 2014
I had to return this product and go with a proven winner in the Niles. The one channel wouldn't go below a certain volume and when turned up it seemed to clip off some frequencies. I sent it back and went with the Niles. You get what you pay for.
on December 28, 2014
Great volume knob! Makes a world of difference with our patio speakers out back. I just leave Zone B on all the time on my receiver, and when we go out back we just turn the volume knob up and we got sound!
on May 29, 2015
Volume knob works well, take you time with inserting your wire into the contacts, DONT overtighten the small set screw, just snug will work perfectly. I ended up putting a small bead of silicone caulk around the gasket prior to closing up the faceplate, and then a small bead along the outside edge to ensure water/snow/hot tub water stays out of the box.
As for the operation, once I had the Ohms switched to the correct settings, the speakers sounded great! the volume has slight 'clicks' for each level, works really nicely to find a spot and keep it. If i was to install this again I would most likely run 16 or 18 guage wire into the box/unit as it would then be much easier to close up. I ran 14 guage outdoor low voltage wire (large outer jacket) and it worked, just very cramped inside, but it all works!
on May 19, 2014
Works well, and build quality was as expected. Sorted with 16 gauge, 4 channel input and dual channel output. Box is a bit tight inside if you leave much of the sheath on the wires. Strip off at least 5-6 inches of the outer sheath to allow good routing of the wire. I recommend using small zip ties on the wiring after all input/output channels are connected. This will prevent putting tension on the circuit board when dropping the board into the box. also, secure the wires coming out of the box by binding again with a zip tie. I have employed this with a 50W/channel amplifier and TIC outdoor speakers. I recommend buying the 100W vs the 50W volume controller if your peak is a 50W system. This will handle any transient peaks and avoid blowing this unit.
on July 24, 2015
DOA - I've just spent the last hour attempting to hook this up, connecting and reconnecting, reading and re-reading the instructions, and zero. I get no sound from the speaker that works perfectly otherwise. I'm no novice when it comes to electricity and audio, but this garbage product simply will not work. Baffling. I've learned my lesson - never buy another Monoprice brand piece of crap again!
on June 3, 2016
THE PIPE OPENING IS 3/4.

Purchased to have control of speakers 120 feet away from the house. Works PERFECT. no more running back and forth. Works EXACTLY as advertised. I went with TRUE 14GA wire since it was a long run. It's a little tight in there but with some patience I had no issues.

Painted black for concealment leaving knob white to find it easier in the dark.

Their tech support was amazing. I forgot to bring the box with me to the store to get the right pvc pipe. A quick phone call and I was home installing it.
review image
on June 11, 2014
After first controller was damaged and due to fast customer service 3 days later I had a replacement that works great. As other reviews stated the box is very tight for wiring and also noticed control knob seems kinda cheap and finicky.
on August 12, 2015
It didn't work well with my speakers. Ended up burning up two of them before a find a different kind somewhere else that worked right. Problem was my speakers were 6 ohm and the control was for an 4 or 8 ohm.
on August 4, 2013
Easy install. Easier the smaller fingers you have.
Made well. IT can also be mounted into a box instead of freestanding or on wall mount by removing back casing.