5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Quality for Home Use
For home use where banana plugs probably won't be removed and inserted 50 times, these plugs should do the job. I don't know if they would last for commercial, heavy use applications. Amazon could've provided a nice you tube installation video. Instead, you might need to look at equivalent banana plug videos.
Here is what I did to install the wires into the...
Published 13 months ago by Stair Climber

3.0 out of 5 stars not for 12 gauge wire but good product
Published 10 months ago by bruce prescott

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Quality for Home Use, June 14, 2013
Stair Climber (Palm Beach Gardens, FL USA) - See all my reviews
Here is what I did to install the wires into the plugs.
I unscrewed the inside piece apart from the plug. Then I stripped about a half inch of wire and twisted the braids. Then inserted the wire into the back of the plug then curled the bare wire and fed it out the side hole. Next, I screwed in the back piece into the front piece but not too tight. Then I gently tugged on the wire to limit the excess sticking out of the side hole. Then I used (2) channel lock pliers to grip both pieces of the plug and tighten them very tight. If necessary trim the excess bare wire with quality sharp wire cutters and bend over the wire in order to avoid any chance of a short. I bought the shrink tubing some recommended in another post for covering the bare wire but I haven't used them yet. My Denon AVR-2313 receiver has a significant distance between speaker posts plus I trimmed the bare wire pretty close so I'm not too concerned about a short. P.S. I used 16 guage wire but you could probably go a little thicker (14 guage) for a really good fit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the investment, May 9, 2013
I got these to update my speaker wires. It would have been helpful if some kind of instructions had been enclosed.
I could see that the top could be unscrewed, but what then. After a bit of head scratching it finally dawned on me.
Strip your speaker wire about 3/16 of an inch, push the wire through the unscrewed top, fold the bare wire over the bottom edge of the top, then carefully screw the bottom firmly onto the top. This captures the bare wire and creates an excellent connection.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, great price, November 4, 2012
I just bought a new receiver and decided to get some banana plugs. Not much to say, these are great quality plugs at an even better price, much cheaper than other "name brand" plugs that claim to give you a superior connection. They do exactly what they are supposed to do. Very easy to install and gives your overall setup a "clean" look (even though most people will never see the back of your speakers and receiver). Most importantly, they provide a solid connection and allow for convenience when you go to disassemble or re-assemble your home theater setup.

5.0 out of 5 stars Banana Plugs, October 19, 2012
Frank C. (RIO VISTA, CALIFORNIA, US) - See all my reviews
My stereo kept shutting down apparently from a short in the speaker wire connection. No matter how secure I made the wire to terminal connection the auto-protect circuit would kick in at some point. Banana Plugs to the rescue! These are quality plugs and I haven't had a shut down since!

3.0 out of 5 stars not for 12 gauge wire but good product, September 20, 2013
i would suggest using a 14 or 16 gauge wire for this type of banana plugs. once you push the [ 12 gauge wire like i have ] through the opening, there is not much room to bend the wire over. therefore risking a bad connection. these plugs do not allow much wire for a solid connection in my opinion. your only using the tip of the speaker wire and thats it !... you have to be patient and you'll win the battle. use needle nose pliers to make it easier with 12 gauge wire or thicker. i ended up buying plugs that have 2 screws that you can tighten down on the speaker wire for a much better connection, and you get to use a good 1/2 inch of wire instead of a mere 1/16 of an inch with closed banana plugs. if you can view a video online about installing banana plugs, you might have a better idea what works best for you. i did. and if you use insulated wire i would go with a more sturdy banana plug. these banana plugs are very well made and like i said are better used with thinner speaker wire.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, December 12, 2012
These are made very well and are easy to use. I am using them with 14 gauge wire so anything smaller should work as well. I advise you to take extra care when installing these. They have a tendency to unscrew pretty easily.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product once you figure it out, May 12, 2014
Tim A (Columbus, OH USA) - See all my reviews
These are nice quality plugs that make good connections... once you figure out how to assemble them. As noted by other reviewers, the lack of instructions was a little disappointing. I shouldn't have to read reviews on Amazon to learn how to use a product, but I did.

You can unscrew both the top and bottom of these, which I found a little odd. I didn't see this mentioned anywhere else. You can unscrew the plug-part (the part that inserts into the wall), though I honestly don't know why. I didn't need to remove this piece in order to make the connection.

The part you DO need to unscrew is the bottom. You can then insert your cable (strip off about 3/8" or so) from the bottom, and fold the bare ware over the lip of the cylinder, down towards the threads. You'll find it easier to screw back together if it doesn't quite touch the threads.

Screwing the two pieces back together once the cable is inserted can be a challenge. I ended up using two pairs of pliers to grip the top and bottom so I could twist them; my bare fingers on the metal couldn't grip hard enough. I was doing a total of 16 (8 pairs), so I got quite good at this by the end.

The end result though feels very solid; I don't feel like the wires are going to slip out like I've seen with some other designs. The plugs also fit solidly into standard binding posts. My experience with other plugs has been haphazard: some don't fit snugly and will slide out too easily; some are so big they are hard to get inserted. These are the "baby bear" plugs: they are just right.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works Great!, March 18, 2013
I love Monoprice's stuff. Monoprice was out of stock so I got it here on Amazon. Very easy to use, nice reliable quality, great low price. What more could you want?

My only beef, you need to be very careful not to allow the wires to touch the threads or you will not be able to screw it down completely. Other similar products I have used in the past works the opposite way.

There is an instructional video on Monoprice's website that show's you how to do this.

1.0 out of 5 stars Does not work with 12 AWG wire, January 24, 2014
The top cap does not fit, due to the thickness of the "fanned" wire. Might work well with 14+ gauge wire,

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy, Quality Banana Plugs!, October 17, 2013
I have purchased this brand of banana plugs 2 different times and both times I have had 100% satisfaction with them. They are very easy to use and make wiring your system up a breeze. I am still an amateur was home theater and audiophile everything, but I found it very easy to get this done the first time, the right way. As if the quality wasn't its only redeeming factor, they are also very affordable! I will continue to use this type of plug in the future.

Rate and Discover Movies