Verified Purchase
I purchased this tablet with moderate hopes. Of course I didn't expect it to be a Wacom for the price, but at least I wanted it to work normally and to be able to use the features offered. This is a mediocre to bad product.
I couldn't make it work on my two old home computers, working on XP, something that hasn't happended with any hardware before. Even updating the driver didn't help. The PCs just don't "find" it. On the powerfull Dell core quad on W7 at work it does work, but barely. None of the features announced do: the buttons, the ancillary software, nothing. It just draws. On my netbook on XP, despite accessing the software to tell it that I wanted it to work on my secondary screen, it doesn't obey. It just works on the tiny primary screen, and none of the hot keys or accessory software do. Period.
To complete the panorama, as many Taiwanese products I have purchased, the technical support is nil, maybe if I write to them in Mandarin with Han Zi ideograms...
Conclusion: this tablet is just useful for you to feel, at a low price, how a tablet works. Then, if you think you can get used to it, just go and buy a good one.
on August 6, 2012
Verified Purchase
I was hoping this would be a good replacement for my aging WACOM tablet. It is not even close.

First the pros: It's cheap. Has a row of visible buttons great for a right handed person. Not for a left handed person it's clumsy. Buttons are configurable. The stylus has a good feel when it works.

Cons:
1. The driver refused to work on a Vista system (4GB, dual monitor). I cannot upgrade to windows 7 just yet.
2. The driver interfered with the mouse. The pen flicks did not work.
3. Pen did not show pressure sensitivity with AutoDesk Sketchpad.
4. The battery holder is VERY loose. As you put the cover back on, the battery can slide off the spring.
5. Pen sensitivity is minimal with Manga EX4. I played with the settings and got nowhere.
6. The cable end going into the tablet is loose and liable to break. At least on mine.

I got the stylus to work briefly when I closed Outlook. I wonder what that has to with Microsoft Outlook. Start outlook again and the stylus is not responsive. With outlook off, it has a noticeable lag or simply does not work.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on January 8, 2013
For starters the texture of the tablet itself is a mess, it feels like im drawing on nothing but textured plastic.

All the buttons dont work! and the pressure sensitivity is a joke!

I looked around for driver updates on both there site and through the google search engine to find absolutely nothing.
The software that comes with it looks like it was designed for either windows 2000 or XP! VERY OUTDATED!

I try to install it with the compatibility features of windows and it crashes! The driver itself isnt even installed when you plug it in, windows lets it run on a generic tablet driver preinstalled on the windows operating system...

Not worth saving a few extra bucks on! I suggest buying a wacom anything! there prices are decent and are amazing!
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on April 9, 2014
Verified Purchase
The MP1060-HA60 is a solid budget tablet and a great alternative to pricier Wacom tablets. At least, it is when it works. I purchased this tablet for an artist that I work with, and he was initially very happy with it. Unfortunately, it suffered from a number of strange and frustrating issues including dead zones on the drawing surface, pen jitter that would come and go, odd behavior when quickly lifting the pen off the surface, and other small annoyances. We returned the tablet, hoping that maybe we'd just been unlucky enough to get a bad unit, but the replacement suffered from the exact same faults. Even these quirks might have been tolerable, but the tablet would also randomly stop responding until it was unplugged and plugged back in. Sometimes even that wouldn't work, and a full on restart of the computer was necessary to get it to respond again.

Both myself and the person I bought it for have a background in IT and a fair amount of experience dealing with computer nonsense, but neither one of us was able to solve what we ultimately decided was some sort of driver issue and/or compatibility issue with 64-bit Photoshop and Windows 7. There's a lot of advice on the internet about the particular order to do things when setting up this tablet (all of which, by the way, runs directly contrary to the instructions in the package), which drivers should be installed, and other arcane rituals that probably only have any effect through sheer coincidence. We stopped just short of reformatting the computer that the tablet was going to be used on. The bottom line is that it seems to be a bit of crapshoot as to whether you'll get this thing working and, if you do, whether it'll continue to work well over time.

In the end we decided to spend some extra money and get a Wacom, which worked flawlessly right out of the box. I'm not going to say that "you get what you pay for" or whatever, though, because I really do think this is a good alternative for a great price so long as your go in with your eyes open. If you can get it working, great. If not, send it back and pick up something better.
on January 9, 2014
Verified Purchase
First and foremost, I'm reviewing this as an artist that works digitally and draws every day for hours and hours on end. So this tablet gets A LOT of use from me.

So, I bought this thing quite some time ago (maybe a year ago? I can't quite remember). Because one of my pets chewed through my wacom tablet's cable. At the time I really couldn't afford another wacom tablet, so I went on the hunt for a cheaper alternative.

This is nothing like a wacom, I can't even begin to put them in the same category. But they're completely different brands and completely different prices.

So like I said, I've had this thing for practically a year and I love it. It's really held up perfectly for me. Sometimes it's a little finicky and won't connect, but if I just unplug it and then plug it back in, it's fine. And at times it looses it's pressure sensitivity, but once again, unplugging it and putting it back in solves the problem.

The drawing surface isn't super smooth, but the slight texture doesn't bother me a bit. However, if you're big on the glass-like smoothness you get from a wacom, the texture on this will probably bother you a little. The buttons on the side are quick and easy, I use them all the time (as a right handed artist). I draw on this thing every day and honestly, I love this little guy. It's light weight and VERY thin, so storing it between drawings is really easy. Plus, I've dropped it, banged it, dropped things ON it, and it's held up just fine. It's not too prone to scratching, and the few scratches it's gotten over time don't affect my drawings at all.

If you're a more casual artist, I'd recomend getting something like this instead of dropping a lot of cash on a wacom. It'll get the job done fairly well and you'll be happy. Afterall, I bought this to just tide me over until I could afford another wacom. But since it's held up so well, I never went and bought another tablet after it. However, if you're a serious artist that's going to be working on art daily, and you have the budget for it, I'd recomend getting a nice wacom instead. But for what it is and it's price, this tablet works just fine and it's a solid buy.
on July 24, 2013
Verified Purchase
For the most part, it seems to be working...The only concern I want to voice here is how easily the surface is scratched. I'm not in the least heavy handed, I draw with finesse. It takes incredibly little pressure to put (cosmetic?) scratches on it...maybe half an ounce of pressure.

Does anyone know if this creates an issue later down the road? Or will these scratches remain merely cosmetic?
on July 11, 2013
Verified Purchase
I have been a photographer for a long time. My backstory is in color slide film and that mean there was NO post processing with the King of slide film Kodachrome. It had to be perfect in the camera. Although I have been shooting digital for a long time that mentality has stayed with me and I have done little in the way of post processing. That has all changed recently.

I had Photoshop because I liked bridge and some of the simple tools but was overwhelmed by the layers and such in the main program. Now I have switched over to Lightroom and discovered a really user friendly program for managing and editing images. One of my projects has been to copy my slides to digital. Now at last I can do post processing on those old Kodachromes! I began to use the program for editing out dust marks and found the mouse to be a clumsy tool for fine work.

I started to look around for a better tool and found Wacom graphics tablets. Then I discovered the $ price $ of Wacom tablets. Being a shopper has its benefits and this Tablet is the result of shopping. I tend to follow on the premise that if I don't know how a thing is going to work for ME then I should take a small taste before taking a big bite.

This tablet does everything I need it to do. I can get the fine motor skills of my fingers while tracing a close line. The movements are more natural and the pressure sensitivity adds that aspect not available in a mouse. Of course there are things it is NOT good at.

The mouse is better at like scrolling, and at general computer tasks. I use Excel quite a lot and surfing for deals of course. These are not the forte' of a graphics tablet, but I don't think anyone said they were.

Is this a Wacom? I don't know because I have never owned a Wacom or any other Tablet. But, if this one is $50 and the Wacom is $300 then I would need a lot of really good reasons to make the switch.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Verified Purchase
Works great with windows 7 on laptop and desktop. I installed using new driver from web site ([...] ). Compatible with SketchBook Pro 6 which I also bought on Amazon (in Gold box deal :)). Very responsive and good pressure with pen, comes with extra pen tips.
on November 26, 2012
Verified Purchase
I received this and was pretty eager to get it up and running.
Based on looks and feel, I would rate it a 5. Very quality materials and styling, and the size is awesome!! Couldn't ask for more. EXCEPT for some ease in installation!!!!

I saw mixed reviews on installation, and went for it anyway. It worked for about 30 seconds, then nothing. I uninstalled, reinstalled, uninstalled, repeat, and cannot get it to work. I've used the driver installation in the disk and also the one on their website available for download. I've deleted drivers and reinstalled those. Nothing is working. Aside from reinstalling my operating system and starting over (overkill??) I'm not sure how to get this to work on my laptop. Not sure why it needs to be so complicated so that's really disappointing. It's all wrapped up in its packaging, waiting for me to return it, which I do NOT want to have to do. If you can save me by explaining the magical process to get it working, please post it on here and I will read it with much appreciation.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on October 2, 2012
Verified Purchase
Within two days of using this, the drawing surface is covered in pen-scratches. This doesn't seem to affect the quality of the tablet at all, however.

The biggest complaint I have is that it seems to be MEGA-sensitive...even on the lowest pressure setting it still is far too sensitive. Yet, as an artist, I find that this tablet works extremely well for what it is.

Your Recently Viewed Items and Featured Recommendations