Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Brett Dennen Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation

on May 12, 2012
I also bought this wider angle lens for my Foscam Fl8905W camera. Swap out was simple; had to adjust the focus a bit; but finaly got it acceptable for my needs. [note: you may need to loosen the screw on the side of the lens to actualy adjust the focus; then re-tighten to 'lock' the focus]
My skill level: knows what direction to turn a screwdriver
review image review image
on May 1, 2013
So I got the Foscam FI8905W with the built in 6mm lens. Found the lens to be too narrow so I ended up getting this 4mm lens from monoprice for $9. The install was pretty easy following the directions from youtube. What I found frustrating was after getting the focus right, when you tighten the focus screw, it messes up the focus again! So I ended up just having that screw loose enough so that I can easily refocus the lens before I close the front cover of the camera. I don't think it's gonna turn on its own in the future anyway. See the pics I have uploaded for a comparison on the view with the oem 6mm and this monoprice 4mm. Goodluck!
review image review image
on February 19, 2013
Usually the combination Cheap and Good doesn't work but for this product it does.
Lens is of a good quality and a cheap replacement for the useless standard Foscam FI8905W lens.
It's just 2 mm (0.1 inch) short than the original but it's not a big deal as the video quality remains the same, just a very very small dark shadow at the corners.
on January 6, 2014
I have a outdoor Foscam and needed a wider view of the back of my house, looking around I found a wider angle lense then this one but it was also $70. So I bought this lense and overall it gave me maybe a 1/2' more?..

Pros
1. Easy install
2. Clear view
3. Price

Cons
1. Don't expect a huge wide angle increase maybe 1/2'
on March 4, 2013
This device was a breeze to install and the new viewing angle is far superior to the default viewing angle on the stock lens with the Foscam FI8905W. The daytime colors are accurate, and the nighttime IR picture is also good. I will surely use this lens for all Foscam FI8905W cameras I use.
on April 26, 2013
It works great with the Foscam F18905W. Has much wider view than original lens (mine had a 6mm). Depending on your application you may need a wider angle lens than a 4mm(i.e., 2mm). Here's a link with instructions on how to change lens in camera.

[...]
on January 20, 2013
bought this for my Foscam FI8905W as the included 6mm is useless. This was a good upgrade at a great price and fairly easy to replace the original lens. Just wish they offered an even wider angle lens. I haven't been able to find one for less then $60!
on April 17, 2013
These lenses are shorter than the 6mm lens that came in the Foscam FI8905E (which is exactly like the FI8905W, but supports power over Ethernet). Even without the front glass on the camera, it gave ghosts when a light source was facing the camera. Since its shorter than the original lens, there were even worse reflections when the front glass was on the camera. It's not bad and certainly not bad for what these cost, but they're not for me. I put the original 6mm lens back in and all the reflections and ghosts totally went away.
on August 20, 2013
Following a you tube video I found that replacing the original lens was relativly easy. The replacement 4mm lens went in with no trouble and focus was easy. The Foscam camera performed better then expected with the new lens and is now part of our home security system. Definitely a good lens for the price.
on July 14, 2013
I bought this to replace the lens in a CCTV camera by my door. The 8mm lens that it came with had a too narrow field of vision. This one allows me to see whose at the door without being fisheye.