5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, Many Uses
Published on April 1, 2011 by Karl Burrows

3.0 out of 5 stars It works, but a bit too inflexible for my tastes
This is the same double-sided hook and loop sold by Monoprice (even had the Monoprice sticker). I find it to be a bit too thick, making it less flexible than other types. It certainly holds, however - I used it to hold a TV cable to an antenna mast outside, and it is still working through the cold and heat.

I like the rolls from Velcro better, and I'll pony up...
Published on January 26, 2012 by Dave

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, Many Uses, April 1, 2011
This review is from: Monoprice Fastening Tape 0.75inch One Wrap Hook & Loop Fastening Tape 5 yard/Roll - Black (Electronics)
I have purchased 3 rolls of this already. There is a lot of product in each roll and I use it all the time. I work in IT, so it comes in handy for wrapping cords and cables. I use it on my antique pontoon boat to hold drink holders to the rails and use it all around the house for odds and ends (strapping wires together to pipes ot keep them off the floor or hangind down, etc.). I used to buy the ones that came pre-sized and had the pull through to loop it and pull it tight, but have found that they are hard to remove and keep sticking together, so I end up spending more time trying to get them on or off. With this, all I have to do is cut off what length I need, wrap and go. Very handy and well worth the price (although the current price is much more than the other colors and more in line with what I paid, I would get the other colors for difference)

4.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as OneWrap but not bad., June 27, 2012
I am a computer tech and need this stuff for cable management for my clients, that is the only thing I use this for. I always buy Velcro OneWrap, however some of the reviews made me think this might be just as good for less money. It wasn't as good, it does not fasten as tight as OneWrap. You can still get good results using a longer strip and just overlapping it more than OneWrap requires. It isn't a bad product and for other uses, it would be perfect. I have some customers who are sensitive to chemical smells and this stuff STINKS! It has a heavy chemical smell to it, that I didn't like at all.

Hope this Helps!

Lyle Kingsley
[...]

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great!, February 29, 2012
This is double-sided "velcro-type" hook and loop tape, not the two-piece kind. Hooks on one side, fuzzy on the other. I bought it to use to attach outdoor Christmas garlands to my deck railing. We live on a lake in the frozen Midwest and we get lots of snow and bad weather. This has held garlands that are weighted with heavy snow and stayed fastened through 40 m.p.h. wind gusts.

I've also cut lengths of it to neatly bind all types of cables and wires. It is handy to cut your own length from the roll, and there is a lot of tape on the roll.

This is an incredible deal, too. Compare it to the prices on similar product at the craft, or big box stores and you'll be clicking on the Amazon order button. The vendor shipped it quickly,too.

3.0 out of 5 stars It works, but a bit too inflexible for my tastes, January 26, 2012

I like the rolls from Velcro better, and I'll pony up the extra cost next time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for tons of different uses!, October 30, 2013
Hunter (Seattle, WA) - See all my reviews
This stuff has tons of different uses around the house, and the price and quality of this roll makes it a great value.

Things that I use the two sided "hook & loop" for

-Wrap the front rim on my bike to the frame, keeps the front wheel from moving all over the place when I have it on a trunk mounted bike rack or hanging on the wall.

-Wrap up all the cords for my computer and TV into neat little bundles

-Neatly wrap up laptop power supply and associated cords for travel

-Wrap it around 2 piece fishing rods to keep them organized in the closet and in my car

-Wrap up extension cables for neat storage

Basically, anywhere you could see yourself using a ziptie, you could use this tape instead and have it be reusable as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars These are the best, far better than zip ties, June 12, 2012
We got several colors of these after being tired of wasting money on zip ties. These are nice as you can cut them long and simply wrap any excess around itself. Unlike zip ties, you can undo these without cutting and disposing of the tie.
The velcro is sturdy enough to hold a fairly unruly bunch of wires. Black seemed like the best color as it matched most of the wires and blended in better. The other colors are nice though, especially if you need to color coat wires, or have other purposes (crafts...) to use these for.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not so strong, November 8, 2013
I bought this for general use not realizing there are different levels of "sticky" for velcro tapes. I don't know if this is poor quality or intentionally made using a finer hook and loop than others but have not been satisfied by the bond. It may work well for specific uses but as a tie it has not performed for me.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works Good. But not as heavy duty as others. Works OK for my bikes on the car rack., May 14, 2014
Good value for the price. The long roll makes it convenient to cut off just what you need. This product is not as heavy duty as my previous bike rack velcro straps but it works ok. The hooks part of the strips looks OK but the loops side I think is not as deep. So it seems, when fastened, to pull apart easier than my old straps. So I just cut the straps a little longer to get more wraps around the bikes and equipment. Probably works great for other applications like wiring ties, etc. Anyway -- you can't beat this stuff for the price. But will probably buy the heaver duty kind next time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product for securing cables, November 7, 2013
This product is great for securing data cables. Can be cut the size you need. Comes in many different colors. But black is best to better hide the work.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product, a bit expensive., July 20, 2011
Good product, a bit expensive. Good for tying up cables. Works great along with with self-adhesive velcro, can more or less make a latch. If a heavy duty latch is needed this tape can go completely around a container and when fastened along a few inches, makes a super strong latch that really holds a container closed.

Rate and Discover Movies