Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale

TOP 500 REVIEWERon February 19, 2013
This review is for "Monoprice Fastening Tape 0.75inch One Wrap Hook & Loop Fastening Tape"

Since reviews on Velcro like products are rife with concern over one-sided vs. two-sided I'll note that this is two-sided, with "hooks" on one side and "loops" (the fuzzy side) on the other.

The fuzzy side isn't very thick compared to other Velcro-like product I've seen, fairly thin even, however I was able to pull off and put back on the same last 2 inches of it over and over many dozens of times and it still stuck fine with no sign yet of grip wear.
on September 26, 2011
I bought this fastening tape to attach a soccer net to a goal that I built. This product does exactly what you expect it would.

I cut the pieces down to about 15 inches and they are doing a great job holding the net in place. Not all hook&loop fasteners hold that securely but this Velcro does have a good grip. The goal is outside and the tape has held up well in what has been an extremely wet summer for us.

I expect it to get some wear from weather exposure but I will easily be able to remove them for winter storage.

I have since purchased some additional rolls - to have a backup for wear, but also for other needs that I might find around the house.
on February 4, 2013
Based on the number of "low" reviewers that complained that they only received 1/2 of the system -- not hook and loop, as described -- I was hesitant to purchase. It is possible that since this item also comes in just the loop or hook from this manufacturer, that someone at the distribution center must have been making mistakes when they were picking the order -- or perhaps during packaging? Mine came through as a hook/loop system -- and exactly as described. It is not ultra-fastening, as some velcro strips tend to be -- but at 3/4" wide I would not have expected it to be. It fastens to itself just fine, in my opinion, and I was very happy with the purchase.
on November 25, 2014
This is not the item advertised! It only has the hook side, does not attach to itself, useless!
on May 19, 2013
I bought four different colors of this Hook and Loop tape and was pleasantly surprised that it actually performed better than the VELCRO® brand I'd used before - and - the price was better. The VELour side is thick and has tight loops and the CROchet side has really sturdy hooks ('crochets' in French). It's seems like this material will last forever (if it's not subjected to endless sunlight - just because it's nylon). It's also handy to be able to cut the lengths you need and not be stuck with ties that are either too long and bulky or not long enough.
on November 29, 2012
Very upset that I was expecting a double sided velcro tape, and instead I get a ONE sided (hook) velcro?!?! I saw the 1 star review that said he received a one-sided, but because every other review was 5 stars, I just assumed he got a defect. I absolutely regret buying from them and will stick to the legit Velcro brand. They're around $10 at Jo-Ann for the double sided velcro tape, but with a 40% off coupon that they give out often if you subscribe to them, it ends up only being around $5.
on November 18, 2013
It works...barely. The hooks on this stuff pull out easily and frequently, leaving bits of tiny plastic debris wherever you're using this (specifically, inside my computer case. NOT OKAY.) In addition, when the hooks do actually manage to stay attached to the tape, they still do a poor job of fastening to the fuzzy side. I would most certainly buy a different brand.
on October 31, 2014
This only the hook strip and is falsely advertised.
on February 24, 2013
I used this tape to attach a baby monitor to the top rail of our baby crib. I wanted something that my baby could not undo or that was scratchy and could pose a choking or strangulation hazard. This product works fabulously! I'm glad that the roll was large enough and I have leftovers for another project.
on December 27, 2012
It doesn't work!!!
This product description says "double sided", but it is one sided only. I am not sure why Amazon let's them continue cheat. You get (after 3 weeks) only the "hook" side, without any loop side, shipped directly from Asia. It is therefore useless as Velcro.