Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Monoprice HDMI Port Saver Male to Female - 90 Degree (103733)
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on July 24, 2008
works great to angle the HDMI connector, but don't forget which way the connector is plugged in (top/bottom) it may be the wrong direction for your equipment.
44 comments| 27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 6, 2010
Well I have two problems...

First, it's not at all as small as the one in the picture. It's more like the one in the third customer image, but the main one shows a MUCH shorter male end than what was shipped. This caused it to stick out nearly as far out as my straight cable.

Second, the item does not work. When I used it the TV did not work. Once it was removed, I had no issues. We'll mark that up as a defective product and move on. $3 down the drain...
on November 23, 2009
I bought this for my SONY TV - It works great the TV now is flat to the wall. The Cables I bought from Radio Shack were too big for myset up. These little gems did the trick.
on April 13, 2014
This is nothing more than a 90 degree HDMI pass-through. What a pain to order, though! See the orientations of the the jack and plug on the unit? The company also sells units with those reversed, so you have a "left hand" and a "right hand" device. And, they also sell units that are ... "flat", if that makes any sense - see their product line. The point is they have parts for every angle need (that I can imagine).

The devices that I received and put into service work perfectly. Given the price v. shipping, I ordered a couple extra for any future needs.
on May 13, 2012
I purchased two of these so that the HDMI cables would not stick directly out of the backs of my TVs. By using the right angle adapter, I'm able to keep the cord closer to the TV surface and reduce the chance that it'll get broken off.

Make sure you buy the correct one for your application. Since you can only insert it one way, the female end will always point in a particular direction. You may need the other one that is, essentially, "flipped"...like this one: HDMI Port Saver (Male to Female) - 270 Degree

The connector is hefty and tight, and I see no change in picture quality. I'd have no problem buying this again.

Note: As of July 2012, the current picture on this item is accurate. It is a small, very compact adapter. Pictures have been innaccurate on some other adapters: Customers receive an adapter that is much larger (or not the advertised rotation degree setting) versus the one pictured.
on November 4, 2013
These are GREAT to have on hand, because by golly some of the new LED TV's have the HDMI plugs in some of the weirdest places, and when you mount the TV on the wall, getting to them sometimes requires you to stand on your head with your tongue hanging out. These are simple fixes to weird angles.
on December 10, 2014
I'm a huge fan of Monoprice products. I normally purchase directly from their website, since their prices are lower (shhh, don't tell Amazon). However, their prices don't include shipping and, if I'm only going to purchase one cable, adapter, or the such, the shipping becomes too steep; hence why I made this purchase on Amazon. If you have several items to purchase at once, go straight to their website, and purchase it there. The great thing about using their website is that you can still pay through Amazon!!! They have a checkout option just for that. Go ahead, and check it out.
on June 24, 2015
Works like it's supposed to. This allows a slight reconfiguration/redirection of an HDMI cable that saves some space. The price was great, and I always like Monoprice products. Be advised, though, that it's not Amazon Prime and takes weeks for this product to come all the way from China. (They're above board about shipping times, though; no surprises, to their credit). If you've got the time, this is a good value.
on July 2, 2015
This is a must have when mounting a flat-screen TV on a wall mount that really hugs the wall. It is a small investment to protect the relatively expensive HDMI cables, and may be essential for a cable with especially bulky plugs.
on December 28, 2013
This was the smallest footprint 90 degree HDMI adapter I could find. It works well and keeps the back of the unit from being too far away from the wall. A regular HDMI cable by the time you bend it out of the way could add four inches to the distance you need to have behind the unit. This makes that distance something more like half an inch. Just be sure you are turning the correct way. One adapter I had wound upside down. My fault, and it's just something to note carefully when you purchase one of these.

You will not be disappointed with this little adapter.

Thank you for your time.

See 1 answered question