5.0 out of 5 stars Best bang for the buck for a 2560 1440 monitor
I wanted a higher resolution monitor but didn't think I could afford one. When I saw this monitor with great reviews and a very competitive price, I decided to give it a shot. I wasn't disappointed.

Pros:
- Super sharp image
- Big screen (27" diag.)
- Very bright
- Great color and color controls
- Slim profile

Cons:
-...
Published 18 months ago by T Martin Bennett

2.0 out of 5 stars Great monitor for the money but...
First of all: I cannot believe I got a monitor with this performance under 400, last summer. My friend bought the ASUS PB278Q around the same time for over 500 and this is one is at least as good, as far as PQ. I made very little adjustments to it, mainly pulled down brightness since it is burning my eyes otherwise, in a dark room. But the sharpness, colors and size has...
Published 2 months ago by Flowerwind

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Best bang for the buck for a 2560 1440 monitor, July 22, 2013
This review is from: Monoprice IPS-ZERO-G Slim Monitor WQHD 2560x1440 Dual Link DVI, VGA (110509) (Personal Computers)

Pros:
- Super sharp image
- Big screen (27" diag.)
- Very bright
- Great color and color controls
- Slim profile

Cons:
- Black level in very dark room not all the way black, but not bad
- No controls for sharpness

5.0 out of 5 stars Spectacular monitor! I use it with my laptop converted from HDMI, November 21, 2013
I purchased directly from Monoprice.com and am very satisfied with this monitor.

It is very well constructed with a solid metal back. The screen is glossy, however very, very bright, which can even be overpowering in a dark room. You can always turn down the brightness, of course. There is very minimal light bleed in the corners, but I didn't notice it until I purposefully checked just to write this review. It really isn't noticeable. The stand is very basic, but it does tilt forward and back a bit, which is useful. The monitor is very thin and light for its size. It could very easily be mounted on a wall or desk VESA mount. The buttons to control the settings are pretty horrible, but once you have the monitor configured, they don't really need to be touched, so I'm not going to take any stars off for that.

As far as connecting to it goes, I initially had some trouble when I had black bars on the left and right side, even though I was feeding it its native resolution of 2560 x 1400. I then discovered that clicking the down arrow on the monitor without having the menu up changes the aspect ratio from 4:3 to 16:9 and vice versa.

Additionally, I am using this with a laptop with a GTX 570M via HDMI v1.4 out using this HDMI to DVI 24+1 cable. In my search I could find no other cable capable of supporting 1440p.

Overall, I love this monitor.

If you have any questions, feel free to comment on this review.

5.0 out of 5 stars Get it, January 8, 2014
I can't believe this isn't more talked about. What an awesome monitor.

Pros:
-It's a 1440P monitor that costs hundreds less than namebrands.
- I actually really like the look. Most of it is aluminum and it feels very solidly built.
-Picture is very good. No dead pixels. Calibrated with windows and I was good to go.
-Good gaming wise. I am not hardcore to say the least, but there was no input lag that I could detect.

Cons:
-Slight backlight bleed in the corners but it doesn't bother me.
-Something on the bottom of the stand scratched my desk when I moved the monitor. Be careful. I cut out some cardboard and taped it to the bottom.
- On screen display is kind of wierd. The buttons are located on the back of the monitor and it takes a couple of minutes to get oriented.
-HUGE power brick! Takes up space on the desk.

Overall: An incredible monitor for the price. Basically an apple monitor with a different logo. Obviously Monoprice can't slap this price tag on it and boast the same quality control (hence the backlight bleed) but if you go into it willing to compromise the little things you won't be disappointment. The good outweighs the bad. I hope this helps. Keep up the good work monoprice!

4.0 out of 5 stars Stunning Picture Quality: Everything Else Needs Improvement, December 14, 2013
The picture quality, what matters the most in a monitor, is beautiful and it is very slim. 2560 by 1440 resolution is just awesome! If you work with multiple programs most of the time and have multiple windows open, you will really like 27 inch monitor. But everything else leaves a lot to be desired.

1. The stand is flimsy and wobbly. The monitor does not feel sturdy like Dell monitors.
2. Manual is poorly written.
3. Controls are all in the back of the monitor and very limited.
4. Only 2 inputs: DVI and VGA.
5. Does not auto-detect the input, you have to manually switch between DVI & VGA
6. Tilting is the only change in position available. No up and down adjustment and no swivel.

Compared to the other 27 inch IPS monitors with this resolution, this monitor is a good value for the money (I got a great deal from Rakuten) but before you buy it, you may want to look at QNIX QX2710 Evolution II 27" LED Monitor, which around 330 bucks (as of now) is a better deal than this monitor and better quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Monitor, great price, November 28, 2013
This monitor is awesome. The color is amazing.and I love the glossy screen (hard to find these days).

I had a little trouble hooking it up do to the dual link dvi but after following the documentation and using the right cable (comes with the monitor) I was able to get it to work.

The build quality is great and for a monitor this cheap, this is a must buy!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great monitor, not the best backlight, April 5, 2014
If you are looking for a good, reasonably priced 1440p monitor, this is a great choice.

The Good:
- Good build quality
- Feels and looks good (mostly metal body)
- Great viewing angles (as with most IPS panels)
- Has more than DVI input
- Bright and vibrant colors

The Bad:
- Uneven light distribution (lighting is noticeably brighter around the edges than in the middle)
- Freakishly bright back-light (even turned down to the bottom of its brightness settings it is brighter than my old panel)
- Stand wobbles and, in general isn't very good.

For the price this is no doubt the best 1440p monitor out there right now. Many of the problems listed with this monitor are problems consistent with IPS panels, and should not discourage you too much. Just be mindful of them when considering your choices.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great deal on a 27" LPS, January 15, 2014
PROS
Great quality panel for the money. Super clear picture, great colors, good contrast. It has a very thin profile and looks really nice on my desk.

CONS
Only one dvi port and one vga port. You have to use Dual Link DVI to get the full resolution, anything less than it's native resolution looks very pixilated. The VGA port is practically useless for this reason. Make sure your graphics card can handle the 2560x1440 resolution. If you use a Mac, good luck finding an affordable dual link dvi adapter.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!, April 30, 2014
What an incredible monitor. I have been looking for a 2560x1440 for months, reading reviews and researching brands. It seems that every company that makes these displays has quality issues such as dead pixels etc, so why bother paying 700 or more? Monoprice also had a better return policy, and it is located in the US which is a huge plus.

Mine did not have any dead pixels, but Monoprice will replace if you find 5 or more in the first year. As other reviewers noted the screen has some bleeding in the corners, but it is only noticeable to me with a full black screen.

Could use a better stand, but I knew that going in and will be purchasing one soon.

Absolutely stunning picture. Still getting used to a monitor this size (have always had ~22). I have a small desk, so with a vivid picture up I find myself backing up. Great colors and brightness. I love the glossy screen. I usually see these on laptops, so I was really excited to finally get a standard monitor with one.

Great price for something this size and resolution. I got mine for 400 shipped from Monoprice. They usually ship same day.

I am using this with a GTX770. Didn't have to mess with any settings. Worked as soon as I plugged it in. Haven't had a chance to do much gaming yet. Going to fire up far cry 3 and see how it looks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Apple Thunderbolt clone for your pc (or mac), April 15, 2014
C. Hajjar (Manchester NH) - See all my reviews
When I initially read about these monoprice monitors, it seemed like a dream come true. I have many apple products, but also have a PC for gaming and some video editing. I purchased one of these and then promptly purchased another. It is gorgeous, high res, and quality built. It may not have the aesthetic appeal of the apple counterpart, but it performs like you would expect.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for the price, December 23, 2014
I had my eye on getting a 2nd monitor in this line, and I recently got a much lower price than advertised here. Monoprice put it on sale (after Cyber Monday), so you might want to watch Monoprice for a deal.

I also purchased a similar monitor (IPS-G Pro), and it is still working great nearly a year later. Monoprice claims this is an improvement on that one -- in some ways yes, others no.

I found the menu controls *much* easier to use, and no inconvenience having the buttons on the back. Someone complained the lack a sharpness control: I think that is a CRT control. Clear display requires (unlike with a CRT) a match between graphic card resolution and native resolution of the monitor. Anything else is going to require interpolation of pixels.

At the native resolution, VGA is crystal clear.

Possible problems:
The stand does not allow tipping the screen forward past a few degrees. For most people this will not be a problem. I tend to slouch and view the monitor from a lower angle, so require a mount. Maybe the stand wobbles or something but it looked sturdy to me, and is held to the monitor by rather large bolts.

The manual is brief. Perhaps the idea is the less you say, the less you can be misunderstood. You'd think since they probably spend months on the design and manufacturing, they could devote more time to the manual -- which does not require original thought. In particular they could elaborate a bit on what all the settings for the monitor do. In particular, ince I'm using VGA and the monitor apparently does not self-adjust as my other monitor does, I had to adjust the picture in terms of "phase" and "clock". There is no explanation of this, and I had to do it by trial and error. It's not a big deal, but it could be annoying.

Appearance: the case holding the screen does not match the screen precisely or have any kind of bezel, it just curves around to meet it with a thin crack between the screen and the case. This is kind of cheap looking, but not that noticeable and creates no functional problem. On first inspection I was rather put off by this, but the picture looked nice so I don't really care.

I'm giving it 5 stars, assuming it will hold up like my previous monitor, and in consideration of what it cost.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›