5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job.
Used the Monroe 37153 Sensa-Trac shock absorber to replace original front shocks on a '98 Mazda B4000 2WD. Original shocks had 175k miles.

Published 6 months ago by jpleon

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit stiff
W/ my Ranger which I use on the Interstate often, these shocks do not provide a very good ride.
I wish I had chosen something that would provide a softer ride. I do not carry as many heavy loads
as I once did and do not need the stiffer part of these shocks
Published 17 months ago by Carl Stephen Evans

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit stiff, March 13, 2013
This review is from: Monroe 37153 Sensa-Trac Light Truck Shock Absorber (Automotive)
as I once did and do not need the stiffer part of these shocks

4.0 out of 5 stars Good shock., July 6, 2014
.Good shock... installed myself and with about 1000mi. on them they work just fine. Price was great... Very satisified with the whole deal.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job., February 13, 2014

The new shocks were easy to install with hand tools, and fit perfectly. I installed both shocks in under 30 minutes. We live in the north and the old shocks were rusted, so removing the old shocks took over two hours. Keep the old retaining hardware for the bottom of the shocks, the Monroe 37153 Sensa-Trac do not come with replacement nuts for the bottom of the shocks. This is not unique to Monroe, most shocks do not come with replacement retaining nuts and bolts.

The truck rides much smoother now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Shocks, December 28, 2013
After 100k on my 2002 Ranger, I was in need of new ball joints and front shocks. These Monroes' were easy to install and did the trick.

5.0 out of 5 stars Monroe shocks for a 98 Ranger, August 17, 2013
These shocks went right on my 98 Ranger, no problem. Rides great and the coil over rears handle a trailer perfectly. Fast delivery.

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm happy so far., June 13, 2013
These went on the front end of my 2002 Ford Ranger RegularCab 4x2 2.3L 4cyl pickup truck that has 170,000 miles on it at the time of install. BTW, I can't imagine the install could have been easier and went very smoothly. That probably isn't a surprise to any mechanic, but for me it was the first time I ever physically installed them.

They are the 3rd set on the truck counting the originals from the factory. They seem to be working great. I don't have any complaint. I felt the price was reasonable and just hope they last a while.

5.0 out of 5 stars So far, so good., December 24, 2012
I replaced my shocks on my 2000 Ford Ranger before making a trip to Seattle from Tampa and back. I was carrying a heavy load in the bed (~1,700 lbs with Monroe Sensa-Trac Load Adjusting Shock Absorbers in the rear). These shocks have held up extremely well in the 10K miles I've put on them so far. The handling with the added weight was beyond my expectations. These shocks keep your tires hugged to the road which is really important when breaking over bumpy terrain. They also absorb dips and humps in the road extremely well with practically zero residual bounce.

I almost deducted one star because the shocks are a bit stiff so you'll feel the road a bit more in my opinion. Although, when you're carrying a heavier load, the stiffness goes away and it rides like a luxury sedan. I guess you can't have the best of both worlds and it's good to know that I can haul heavy loads safely & comfortably.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good ride, July 23, 2012
Awesome price and easy installation. Took me less than an hour in my own driveway. PS - just use a cut off wheel on an angle grinder to cut the top mounting bolt and nut off the old unit - it will be rusted. These new shocks make my truck ride like new

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product, July 17, 2012
Larry Fratkin (Portland Oregon) - See all my reviews
Bought this to replace OEM shocks on B2300. Huge improvement with firm but not bouncy ride when empty. Handling improved also. My truck is mostly used to haul a bicyle. When loaded with sandbags for winter driving the shocks stiffen as advertised and still provide a decent ride without lowering the ride height much.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good basic Shock, November 4, 2009
Ronald Dufel (Bonita, CA United States) - See all my reviews
Got these for the front of my '99 Ford Ranger. Installation was easy. They ride fine and fixed the wheel hop that was occurring with the worn-out OEM shocks. I didn't need anything special and did not want to spend a lot of money since I will probably sell the truck next year. I was very surprised to see Amazon selling auto parts, but could not resist the good price with no tax and no shipping.

Monroe 37153 Sensa-Trac Light Truck Shock Absorber