Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale

on January 5, 2013
I just installed these shocks on the rear of my Silverado. They have really tightened the ride and do a great job of smoothing out bumps. They come with a green plastic strap holding them compressed in the box. These things are a beast to recompress, so you probably won't be doing it one handed. What I found to work well was to place the shock in the lower bracket and run the bolt through. I then tightened the nut by hand to keep the bolt in place. Getting ready to slip the bolt through the upper bracket, I slid the green strap off the top of the shock and controlled its angle and speed of decompression with my one hand. As the shock slid up to the upper mount I quickly slid the bolt through the shock and bracket with my free hand. This worked great on both sides, I did need to tap the bolt a bit with a rubber mallet on the one side to finish pushing it through though. Finally, tighten the nuts, cut the packaging strap and you are good to go.
on September 29, 2012
PROS - The Monroe Reflex Shocks are Excellent & the Performance is Exceptional - smooth & surefooted. I replaced Monroe Sensa-Trak shocks with 50-60,000 miles - No leaks/failures, just roughness.
REFLEX Installation was a bear, since these shocks do NOT compress easily, and required raising the vehicle (never had to do that before) to lower suspension, so allow more time. But, they are SO worth the time, effort, and money. With over 90k on the Silverado now, these new shocks and recent new tires make it ride like NEW.
CONS - Once UPS shipping eventually received them from Amazon, they arrived fairly quickly, but I felt it took longer than expected for Amazon to actually get them out the door and on the way to me. I appreciate free Super Saver Shipping, but...
on June 18, 2010
I needed new shocks for my 2001 GM 4x4. I bought these in addition to front shocks. The vehicle is sort of prone to a rigid ride. These shocks do seem to have helped as you hit a dip so don't bounce back as hard and smooths out the transition. You still feel the dips in the road pretty hard, but I think it helps. I also think it helps overall handling. These were actually one of the few recommended shocks for my vehicle. The price from Amazon with free shipping was cheaper than I could find this shock anywhere else. I think I saved about $15 per shock x 4. I am very pleased with the product and the price. These are high quality shocks for the money.
on March 9, 2013
Wow, first off let me say with the current promotion through Monroe which includes a $30 prepaid visa card with purchase of four shocks, this purchase of the 911502 and 911501 for front and back in my Z71 couldn't be a better deal! I was well over due on needing new shocks in my pickup and it honestly felt like I just stepped into a new truck after traveling back and forth from work on a few county roads that are in need of resurfacing. If you are needing a pair of shocks for your Z71 this is the right set to get.
on November 23, 2012
For the rear of Silverado 4x4 ext cab long bed 1/2 ton this makes the ride enjoyable. I keep my truck half loaded to capacity and use Michelin MS2's 118T tires.. The ride is soft for light bumpy roads and can take huge crater type dips and control the motion strongly. Easiest replacement ever done using a 13/16" socket and something to hold the other head. The newer technology is in this model and you won't be disappointed with the comfortable ride and ability to handle the harsher jolts.
on December 27, 2010
price was good, they showed up new as expected, installation was easy, saved lots of money over having them installed by local shop, the ride seems to be better with these installed.
on February 16, 2012
After purchasing the cheapos last time for my van, i decided on these fancy ones for my gmc sierra. the ride improved 100%. im very pleased with the set, front and rear i purchased.
on April 8, 2013
I'm liking these as the ride is good but not great when I get into really uneven terrain.
Around town is ok usually (we have 3rd-world roads here in Tucson) but I've actually had the
truck drift on me and nearly caused an accident on Valencia between Kolb and I-10. The
stretch of road I'm talking about should be the test bed for all shock absorber manufacturers.

They've been great with a load but not so great without a load. I've had no issues off-road
but they do seem to compress a bit too much. Better ride overall unloaded-ride than with Bilstein
but less effective under load and on heavy off-road use.

If you predominantly just drive your 4xy on city streets, these are pretty good. As a recommended
fitment for a Z71 Chevy, I still have some reservations.

I'd recommend these if you're just in a truck to be in a truck but if you actually use it and go
off-road or load heavy, there are better options.
on March 17, 2011
Very good shock absorber. Recently purchased a new trailer, and wanted a little bit more stability. Truck rides and handles a lot better, even without the trailer. More response when I try to avoid the horrible potholes in Western Pennsylvania, but if I do hit one, these shocks definitely help minimize the impact. Only problem that I encountered was Amazon sending three of the four shocks that I had ordered, with the fourth shock having a delivery date of a week later. There were four shocks in stock when I purchased them, so it was disappointing to only have three of the shocks sent. I cancelled the order for the fourth shock, went to my local auto parts store, and paid a little bit more for the fourth shock than I would have from Amazon. All in all --- extremely happy with the product, but somewhat disappointed with having one shock back ordered when they were in stock on the purchase date.
on April 29, 2013
This shock greatly improves cornering. The high nitrogen charge raised my truck maybe an inch. This shock gives a firm controlled ride. If you are looking for a soft ride, this is probably not the best choice for that.