Automotive Holiday Deals Up to 50% Off Select Books Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Prime Music Sweepstakes egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Gifts for Her Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals Cyber Monday Video Game Deals Shop Now HTL

on August 3, 2011
These are by far and without a question the gnarliest IEM's that ive ever heard let alone owned. After breaking them in for 12-15 hours (which i think made little to no difference and am not 100% if it does period) this is what i think.... They have nice bass, and for anyone on the fence between the golds and coppers (i bought both to test side by side and returned the golds) they have almost the exact same bass response but I still feel that the copper's bass is better, not bigger, just more accurate. Also the look of the copper is less obnoxious and all in all looks cooler. Not only the bass but all sounds are heard, you can hear every scratch on a guitar string, every layering of sound. The highs are high, the mids shine through no problem, and the bass is present but not overpowering or distorting in any way. The controltalk feature is sweet although the shape of the on cable remote could be a little better, but all in all is not a big deal in any way and shouldnt take away from purchasing these. The controls do work perfectly with a ipod or mac computer. As i sit listening to these bad boys, i am still amazed at the detail. The packaging is impeccable! there are two cases and about a dozen little buds to sort through so you can find the best possible fit, and I would be genuinely surprised if you couldnt find atleast one if not multiple that allow for great sound. I cant testify to the longevity of these bad boys but i called monster and they told me that they will replace defective units for life i.e. if sound goes out in a bud or whatnot and one time if you straight up run over them with your car, or any accidental break that might happen. So does it really matter if they arent built ford tough? :) i think not. If you can afford these headphones then stop reading reviews and get them with the fastest delivery possible and prepare for and ear ECSTASY. Even lower bit rate mp3's sound incredible but 320 cbr mp3s and especially flacs sound so good. What im saying is buy these little fellas you wont be disappointed.

UPDATE (Oct. 13, 2012): Figured I would update this review. I have had these headphones for well over a year now. They really are great, they sound incredible. However, I did have a few problems with them after about 10-12 months. There were a few cosmetic issues and you would have to flick one of the earbuds sometimes to make it spit out sound. So I called monster, told them what was up, and after verifying my purchase (you have to buy them from Amazon and not a third party seller) they gave me a order number to throw in the box and an address to send it to and I shipped it off. Within 3 weeks I received a BRAND NEW SEALED PAIR of headphones. This is a lifetime guarantee, so long as the problems are from normal use then they will do this forever! Thats pretty sweet. Moral of the story: the warranty is seriously legit. Buy these headphones, they are eargasmic!
VINE VOICEon June 2, 2011
I travel constantly and spend a lot of time listening to headphones. i started out with the Bose Quiet Comfort which i liked but never felt were a good value. When the Beats by Dre line came out, I asked around and everyone recommended them. So I bought a pair of the Beats Solo which i was VERY impressed with. Thinking these were top of the food chain, I stopped looking for the ultimate head phones. When I went back to the store, the guy that sold them to me was really pushing the Miles Davis buds by Monster. i had debated buying a pair for a few months and then I was introduced to the Turbines. B/c I have bought so many from this store, the salesguy let me take a pair of the Monster Turbine Gold home. I was so impressed with them I was ready to buy them when he told me "Hey, there's a better set, the Monster Turbine Copper". They were $499.00 which wasn't chump change, especially since I'd already bought so many high end models and I was really leery of paying that much for 'buds'. I asked if I could try them and he said 'sure'. He warned me that these need to be worn in which takes about 10 hours so said don't judge them until I listened to them for that long. So enough background...

If you shop at Amazon, you don't have to pay anywhere near $499.00 for Monster Coppers. I'll start by saying this however, even if you did pay full retail for them, they're worth every penny. At first, back before they were worn in, I thought they were great but was on the fence considering the price. Shortly after buying them, right about the 10 hour listening mark, I started to be amazed at the sound quality. A bunch of my music collection that wasn't recorded with high quality started sounding scratchy. So I re-recorded them.

The bass is the most unbelievable sound I think I've heard. Words just can't do it justice but suffice to say you'll be blown away (and this is coming from someone who was using Beats right before buying these). But bass is just one aspect. I listen to a lot of Rap (Trick Daddy, Geto Boyz, Pimp C) and Southern Rap in particular which is heavy on the bass. Well, I had some other items on my Zune like Tori Amos and Marie Digby. Again, words don't do the Coppers justice but the clarity is like nothing you've heard before.

I have an individual Zune HD but started using my phone a lot for music. I got a call on it while listening to some music and decided to leave the buds in for the conversation since they had a microphone. About 30 seconds into the call, I started to zone out b/c of a background conversation someone was having near my wife. I thought maybe they were just talking loudly but I noticed I could hear things I otherwise wouldn't on each call I took while using the Coppers - absolutely amazing again.

It takes a little while to warm up to the whole Buds paradigm. There's something strange about spending that much money on something that seems so flimsy. All I can tell you is that you won't be disappointed. I don't remember the exact count of tips that are included but it's got to be upwards of 20 of them. There are tips for everyone. If something happened to my coppers, the first thing I'd do after noticing would be to buy another pair (although I've been told that Monster is really awesome about replacing broken or defective items) b/c I couldn't live without them at this point. They're so good, that they actually create problems. Listening to people on the phone becomes distracting b/c you'll hear things in the background you otherwise wouldn't. Any flaw in your recordings will become very very evident. You'll also likely find yourself frustrated listening to music you like without high end speakers or your Coppers. All in all though, I consider these to be good problems.

More than any product I've purchased, from start to finish I find these absolutely amazing. The packaging is first class. There are enough tips you'll be able to find ones that can accommodate just about anyone. They're unbelievably simple to use and you can just take them out of the box and run with it. The registration process at Monster's web site is simple and like I said, from start to finish the experience has been positive. Even if you had to pay full price of $499.00 (and currently, Amazon's price is about 1/2 of that) you'd find these to be well worth it. But at the current price...they're a steal. In fact they're such a good buy, I'v purchased 3 other pairs for a coworker and some friends who are big music lovers b/c these are a gift that the receiver is guaranteed to love.

On a scale of 1-10, I would have given the Beats a 10 until I came across the Coppers. on whatever scale you'd want to use (say 1-10) if the Beats were a 7, I'd give these a 10. Beats are awesome but these re literally that much better. Compared to the Bose, well, there's no comparison. The Coppers aren't even in the same galaxy as the Bose Quiet Comforts (and the Bose are just as much or more money). They're not cheap, but you get so much for your money, you can't go wrong. Whether you love Gangsta rap, Acoustic or listen to Audio books, these will optimize the experience
77 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 2, 2011
I received these headphones from Monster Cable as part of the Turbine Challenge at no charge. This review is my own fair, honest opinion and was not influenced or guided in any manner by Monster.

I tested the Coppers against the Etymotic ER-4P and the Westone UM3x which I already owned, and it was a really good comparison since all 3 used the same triple flanged sleeve for an ear seal. The Copper Turbines are very comfy in fit and finish. They come with a WIDE variety of tip options. there is NO way you can't make them comfortable for your use. I am a daily user of IN-Ear monitors for my profession so I put the Coppers in today and out of the box they sounded perfectly flat and very responsive. They feel well built compared to others I have used, but time will tell how they hold up. Almost ALL ear buds need a "burn in" period before they are sweet sounding. These did not need that at all. I am impressed by these.. while they are a little more money than some of my other buds, I would not hesitate to start replacing my failing buds with these for any of our touring stock.
on October 8, 2013
Okay so I have been on a journey looking for the perfect in-ear headphones. I know there is no such thing as perfect but as perfect as it can get for me. I have tried many in-ear headphones like Bose Sie2, Sennheiser ie4, Apple earbuds, Vsonic bass edition, Klipsch S4, Meelectronics, and list goes on. I am very very picky when it comes to sound. Honestly, I was first looking for in-ear headphones for jogging and portability. However, I decided for sport I will settle for the Monster iSport Victory which sounds awesome (a little bit bass heavy but with eq can tone it down on your ipod). I realized I wanted some nice one for portability for work and talking on the phone. The Monster Turbine Copper Pro is what I finally decided after auditioning at least 15 pairs of headphones. It has very nice crisp highs, slightly recessed mids, and a tad bass heavy but again with eq can be toned down. These sound so clear and awesome. I don't hear any sibilance which the Vsonics had right off the bat. I know Vsonic needs about 200 hours of burn in which after 24 hours of burn, I noticed the sibilance was less. The Monsters sound great right out of the box! For in-ear earphones, wow, amazing. Nice open soundstage but not as quite as large as the bose IE2s. The bose definitely is the winner when it comes to soundstage and 3d sound but lacks bass and clarity in the mids. I highly recommend these earphones especially with their price reduction. I also own Sennheiser HD800s, Hd600s, AKG 702s, Audio Technica M50s with Burson Conductor, Schiit Lyr, Schiit Bifrost which is just a little bit of my background of what I listen too. If your as picky as I am...these will not disasspoint.

EDIT 9/30/2014

After owning these for about a year now, I have to say the Shure SE846 blow these out of the water. The Shure has far balanced, cleaner tighter bass extension and deep sub bass, beautiful vocals, and crisp clean highs. The copper turbine has a more v shape sound signature. For the money though these are still great little in ear headphones. Just eq the bass down and elevate the mids a tad bit and you have a wonderful sounding headphone.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 11, 2013
These are some amazing sounding earphones, huge bass that rocks your mind, crisp highs that penetrate your core and a stage presence almost as good as live.
Until they die.
I've used these for everything from Dubstep to Bach to John Lee Hooker to Rachmaninov to Jay-Z. They sound great with everything!
Until they die.
I really haven't used them constantly, off and on, once or twice a week. Mostly when traveling or doing stuff outside so I could listen to music without disturbing the neighbors so I haven't really been very rough on them. They do cost a lot of money and have treated them with that respect.
After about 14 months of use the right bud has been gradually losing volume. I've tried to gently clean it, changed position in my ear, used different systems, switched them around. But no, it is definitely dying. It has lost a significant amount of volume as compared to original and there doesn't seem to be a short in the wiring. No static, or coming and going of sound volume. No getting better with wire in one position and no visible damage.
The wire connections and bends are well guarded and reinforced which is one of the reasons I laid down the cash for these. But having put out that much I expect them to last longer than a pair of apple earbuds for a 10th the price.

Very disappointed with the longevity. Something to consider if you are looking at these.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 17, 2012
I got these looking for great sound! And that us exactly what I got. They far surpass the Bose sound quality especially in the upper and mid ranges. I was very happy with the sound performance and you get exactly what you pay for. I do however have a few major problems with the design. I feel like the wire is longer then neccessary and often gets in the way when working out, studying, etc. Another thing that bothered me was the sound control system. In essence you pay a good 60 or more dollars for that feature and it is cheep and glitchy. The design is quite frustrating I wish it was more like the monster trumpet control system or even ethymotics one. There control system on there is clunky and makes a annoying rattle sound which you can hear while listening to music. Very frustrating asset. So buy the headphones without the control system till they hopefully upgrade it. My last and biggest pet peeve is the flimsyness of the design I had them no longer then a month and the rubber part that is connected to the headphone and is used to stabilize the wires going into the headphones broke on BOTH HEADPHONES.' After paying four hundred dollars this is super irritating. I almost wanted to cry. It does not effect the performance but if someone has ocd and can't stand aesthetic flaws it can kill these headphones for someone. If they make the headphones more and fix the sound control I will give these a straight up 5 stars for sure.
on November 7, 2011
I upgraded my earphones from the Rockford Fosgate Punch Plugs bought last year (since discontinued) to these Monster Coppers and have been very pleased so far. I gave the Coppers a 20 hour "burn in". I have used the Coppers for my iPhone, without any amplifier. There is good bass (Coppers are somewhat bass-centric), but with clear and good separations of the mids and highs. Everything from hip-hop to classical is a pleasure to listen to. I've found out that I listen to music at lower volumes with these Coppers compared to other earphones.

With the multiple sets of earplugs provided by Monster, I ended up using the medium sized silicone plugs. They are very comfortable. I could not get the gel SuperTips to stay in my ear canal. The foam SuperTips are good, but they isolate so much noise that I feel uncomfortable/unsafe walking outside. I do run on the treadmill with these Coppers and have not had any issues.

The ControlTalk works perfectly. The cable does not tangle.

The one complaint that I have is that the 2 provided cases do not offer sufficient protection, IMO. I ended up buying the Earphone Case - Black Clamshell Style with Zipper Enclosure, Inner Pocket, and Durable Exterior! and have been very pleased so far. However, this minor complaint does not detract me from appreciating a great reference-level earphone.
on September 8, 2011
Have had these about 2 months now. Sound quality does not compare to my old Shure E400 series which I lost (to my dismay). On calls, everyone complains about my voice quality -- I have stopped using the Monsters for phone calls. Now the Monster connection point metal/plastic sheaths, where the wires connect to the earbud, have broken and slide down the wire. I'm sure the wires will come out of the earbuds sooner than later.

Based on all other reviews, I had expected much better.

Hopefully, Monster will replace these. If I just got a defective pair, I'll update this review.
on March 5, 2011
blows me away....
Like many people, I bought the regular Monster turbine during gold box deal.
When those arrived, the sounds is crisp, can hear many little details that seems blurs with my old pair of earbuds (creative ep-830). I decided to get a pair of these Monster Turbine Pro copper, from amazon when it just recently have a drop in price.
I can tell you...It is definitely worth it.
Built quality is excellent....heavy, but not too heavy. I am not a runner, so it wouldn't fall off my ear anyways. but I did try this on while running, and finds it to stay on tightly.
It comes with so many pairs of exchangeable ear-buds of all sizes and shape, so it's nearly impossible to not find "the right one"
Every sound, instrument, is heard clearly, feels like they are performing right in front of me. that when I go back to trying the regular Monster Turbine (which also sounded great), I could just not get used to anymore. Copper edition sounds so much more HD.
Now...I could have been a little bias, as I paid several hundred for this pair....but...every penny is worth it.
many people who rated low stars on this item likely have bought bootleg version. I bought one purposefully to compare, and it is nothing like it (except the appearance)...but sounds rather dull.
I'm not an audiophile....Highs,Mids, beyond me.
But I do know, when great music is going through my ears.
and this was one happy purchase.
1. This is exact same as the one without, (Tips,Accessories etc.) All are included.
basically, identical item, but just have added control talk.
2. This is little bit heavier then other brand of ear buds, and wire is much thicker and not easy to store in pocket, but also sounds so much better then other ear buds. And as Amazon is authorized Monster seller, Lifetime Warranty is included, which is a definite plus.
55 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 14, 2013
I swear, the quality of this headphones makes me think I spent $200 on them. It's just great. You hear everything clearly and they fit conveniently into your ears. Would by again.