Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Monster High Dance Class Robecca Steam Doll
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Lori Mckenna Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on December 28, 2012
This doll had the potential to be so cool but it just fell short. Let me start off by saying I was so stoked to see another release of Robecca especially so soon after her initial release. I like the concept of Robecca and the first doll was soooo beautiful. I like this version but there are just a few things that missed the mark. Lately I have been having issues with the quality of monster high dolls. It seems like they have facepaint or hair flaws. Because this doll seemed like the hardest to get, I bought two of them just to be sure I got a "good" one. Well, that didn't quite work out. On BOTH dolls there are large gaps in the hairplugs giving her "bald spots" especially on the left side of her head. The plugs were also uneven giving a "wavy" effect to her hairline. I also personally don't like the colors on this doll. I think that the light lavendar accessories and the lavendar lipstick really clash with the cobalt blue in her hair and the blue on her dress. It feels like they should have gone all purple tones, or all blue tones in my opinion. The saving graces in this doll, however, are her accessories. Her copper colored minature tophat and her booties are to die for. The wedge style booties have loads of little gears as the sole/wedge. Man I would love to have a pair of those in real life!! But again, just like Lagoonas shoes didn't look like ballet shoes, these don't really represent "tap" shoes...just saying. I also love the detailing on her bag. It is a cylindrical shape with rivets, gears, and a gauge. It reminds of an oil can or even a water heater. It is cool, I just wish it was copper like her headband, instead of the lavendar color again. So my overall take of this doll is that it had some amazing concepts, just poor execution and color choices. I hope that we see bigger and better things for Robecca in the future.
on May 19, 2013
As we all know, Mattel is churning out Monster High lines these days a lot like a dandelion sends out seeds: prolific and often! It is hard to keep up with all of the new releases! The Dance Class line is another small, four doll basic line, just like the Swim Class three doll line. As a girl raised with 11 years of jazz and tap classes, and 6 years of ballet, I was TOTALLY looking forward to this particular line, and it did NOT disappoint!

Robecca makes her second appearance with softer makeup colors, and easy to manage hair! The lighter makeup makes her face look younger, while still holding onto the mechanical steam punk origins. Her outfit is quite versatile, and has components that go well with her fashion pack, AND her original release set. Once again, her booties (while a far cry from ANY tap shoe I've ever seen or worn) are one of the best features of the doll! Of course, the mini top hat headband is a very close second! For a basic doll line, she is very well put together. The colors work for her, and I love her dainty sarong wrap!

With her 11 points of articulation, Robecca lends herself to countless hours of fun poses. She is quite durable, and well made for the price range! Mattel has TRULY raised the bar with these dolls! Whether at play, or on display, Robecca is sure to be a hit with her silky, easy to style hair, her gear shaped irises, and her "riveted" body. Mattel recommends her for ages 6 +, but I find the theme, complexity of parts, and dressing to be best suited for OLDER children ages 9-10 and up. With small, detachable body parts like her hands, wristlets, and such CAUTION and CARE should be exercised around small children, and pets!
With proper care, and appropriate play, Robecca should last generations to come!
on March 19, 2013
this doll is very pretty once you start dressing her up and playing with her hair. I love the more mature "Victorian" look of Robecca's face up. And this version is just as pretty as the original, very similar except this one has soft pouty purple lips. The accessories aren't so hot. Wish they would have included some more painted details on the mini tophat headband, the shoes, and on the gym bag. No earrings either. We used sticky dark blue jewels (for scrapbooking) as earrings and to bling up her accessories. The dance class outfit is super cute and works well with other fashion pieces to create whole wardrobes. This doll's hair is super pretty, but due to the ponytail bump, isn't suitable to wear down without boiling and we don't want to boil because we don't want to loose the soft loose curl. So, it stays in a ponytail or goes up in a bun.
on November 16, 2013
I am very happy with this purchase. My little girl love it. If you buy this doll you have win. Nice doll, clothing interrested, handsome packing, awsome accessories. Great ideas of this productor named Mattel. I LOVE IT.
on June 10, 2013
item as describe my daughter will be very happy . thank you for your usual good job in seller and shipping item like this.
the boy of this series why are so expensive, I hope that I’ll found them in the future with the right price.
on May 23, 2013
Monster high dolls are generally very durable, my daughter totes them everywhere with her and my toddler son has put their durability to the test when he manages to sneak one away from his sister. I can't rate the educational value too high as I'm not totally sure they are teaching much more than a little diva behavior.
on May 6, 2013
We like the look of this doll.Her suit is very cute and could be used as a top no problem. our dolls hair is longer and done in a pony tail. now that I look at the picture I think we lost the hat, so be careful.
on July 18, 2013
The buy because my 4 year old daughter looked on TV and really wanted to have and even my loved, very well designed, beautiful and with many details. They both articulated arms and legs. I dont really very satisfied with my purchase and my daughter delighted with them, slowly buying all the ire and worth have all the collection. Do not forget to buy them, they recommend.
on March 23, 2013
Bought this to go along with the 2 pack outfit that they also offer for Robecca for my daughters Bestie's birthday my youngest daughter also received this doll as a gift for her birthday!! Never disappointed with anything Monster High!!!
on December 7, 2012
Robecca Steam is a steampunk dream with her clockwork gear eyes and her patchwork bolted body. I am glad to see her released in an affordable budget line. I think Robecca has not caught on with Monster High collectors as quickly as some of the other dolls as she is not very monstrous, and her origin is not as exotic as some of the ghouls that have classic movie monster lineage.

Like all the Monster High basic Dance Class dolls, Robecca comes with a bag/purse, but does not come with a doll stand.

I am a collector, and can't really say how Robecca would stand up to everyday play, but I have yet to meet a girl in the toy aisle that would turn down a Monster High doll.

I have seen some comments online from collectors who say they will pass by this Dance Class edition of Robecca. Myself, I will never pass up an affordable steampunk girl, especially one with purple lipstick and a tiny tophat.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse